Ecology and Environment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ecology and Environment Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ecology and Environment

Biologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ecology and Environment.

Interview

It was extremely smooth. They flew me in from out of town, provided a rental car, and were extremely accommodating. Communication was great. It was a very pleasant experience, and took a lot of the stress out of traveling for a job interview.

Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ecology and Environment.

Interview

I met with the Regional Director and two Project Managers individually over the course of a few hours. It was very casual and conversational without any tough questions. I had the feeling they had already decided they wanted to hire me and it was just a formality. I already knew someone at the company though.

Urban Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ecology and Environment (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

Three interviews were done over a three week span. The first interview was done over the phone with a corporate recruiter. The second interview was also over the phone, but this time with the office manager and project managers. Finally, the third interview was done in person with a panel of employees.

Junior Geologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ecology and Environment.

Interview

The initial interview took place over the phone and was over in literally 12 minutes. Basically, the interviewer was looking over my resume and asking questions about my educational, work and research experience and getting a feel for what I've done. After the phone interview, hiring for the position was put on hold due to necessary hiring elsewhere. 2 months later, I was contacted to see if I was still interested in the position and set up a formal interview. A panel interview was set up where I was able to meet with some senior staff and team leads. There were 4 interviewers in the panel. I was taken to a conference room and the interviewers came in pairs. Everyone was very personable and it really didn't feel like much of an interview. Again, they looked over my resume and asked about my education and experiences and it felt like they were just trying to get a feel for who I was as a person more than anything.

Interview Questions

• Mostly elaborating on education and experiences but also things like how do you handle stress and how do you handle working with others you may not like.   Answer Question

Biologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Ecology and Environment.

Interview

Had three interviews over several months, which they told me was not typical (spread out over 5 months or so). They were in the process of restructuring. Although I didn't end up getting the position, everyone I spoke to/interviewed with were extremely nice. No complaints. I never found out salary or any specifics.

Interview Questions

• There really were no difficult questions, the interview process was really a 'this is what we do, can you do it' type interview. No ridiculous scenario questions, or weakness/strength questions. Pretty easy interviewing process. Seemed like a great company to work for, unfortunately someone else had a little bit more experience in what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecology and Environment (Irving, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

They called me on a Morning of Tuesday and have asked a lot of my back ground. "Did you have the experience of field work or data analysis? Do you love field work? Why do you choose to work in the field?"

Environmental Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ecology and Environment (Virginia Beach, VA) in August 2008.

Interview

I was interviewed by the office manager told me about the company, the position, and the type of environmental work they do. The position I was interviewing for was doing NEPA work on US military installations. The interviewer asked me general questions about my experience in the environmental field. No questions really stand out. He did seem concerned about the fact that I lived approximately an hour drves fromt he office and wanted to know if I planned to relocate to be closer to the office. I replied that I would consider relocating if offered the position. At the end of the interview he lead me around the office and introduce me to the other employees in the office.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with with NEPA?   1 Answer
    • I noticed that you live about an hour away from the office. Would you be willing to relocate to Virginia Beach?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ecology and Environment.

Interview

One interview with two senior consultants. Very relaxed and easy questions. We spent the entire morning and early afternoon together and the whole thing was pretty informal. Sometimes it felt like it wasn't even an interview. Prior to that, I spoke with HR on the phone and it was a very easy conversation to have.

Interview Questions

• There were no seriously difficult questions, they wanted to know about my writing skills and wanted me to draft document but we never got around to it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate without a problem and got what I wanted... in retrospect I wish I had negotiated a little harder.