Econ One Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Econ One Research

Economic Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Econ One Research (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Average interviews, straight forward, focus on communicating but kinda confusing.
    They are friendly and try to be professional, all make sense but you would never know what exactly they want. It seems like they interview a lot of candidates but only want one.
    There're 3 interviews, it is a long process and waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Econ One Research (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I received a email from the HR to arrange a phone-view. The first phone-view took about 30 mins. Some basic information such as talk about your self and talk about your research.

Senior Analyst Interview

Interview

The initial phone interview was 20-30 minutes by HR director. The interview covers some basic questions about your background knowledge and the job description. The HR manger was very friendly and nice.

Interview Questions

• e.g., what is your most interesting project? How did you apply your skill sets into the project?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Econ One Research (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

First is a phone interview that generally covers the basics of you and the job. The second is a Skype interview with managing partner and another senior economist. That's as far as I got, but if you make it past there I remember them mentioning a final in house interview that includes a test of your Stata/SAS/Excel skills. You should be an expert at managing data and moving it between excel and stata as this will probably be your ticket to that third interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Econ One Research (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

I had 2 interviews over the phone. The first interview was with the HR Director (30 minutes) and the other was with the Managing Director (almost an hour). Both asked very thorough questions regarding statistical programming (SAS and Stata) as the position requires experience in these programs. Other questions asked were pretty basic such as those related to work attitude e.g. long hours, ability to collaborate etc; education background; ability to relocate etc.

I also had the opportunity to ask questions regarding the team that I would work with if hired, work environment, types of work, career development etc.

Overall, the interviewers were very pleasant. They sounded friendly over the phone, so no extra pressure. Also, as long as you are prepared to answer programming related questions, you would probably be rather prepared to handle the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the SAS project that you've done for school.
      Tell me about your work at your previous company.
      Do you work better in a group/ individual/ open setting?
      Tell me about your education background
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Econ One Research (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

First was a phone interview which was very easy, but they asked a very difficult one for me which screwed me up at the end. Because I could not recall about an example of the type of question they asked.

Interview Questions

• Tell an example that involved your country on international arbitration   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Econ One Research (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the human resources director and then had a Skype interview with two senior economists. In the phone screening interview, I answered questions about my internship experience and how the skill sets I acquired through the internship is useful in the job I am applied for. I gave a brief evaluation of my skills and answers about general questions like the place I live.
    The second interview was via Skype with two senior economists who asked about my analytical skills and the software programs we used in data analysis like SAS, Excel and Stata. They also asked why I chose litigation and what are the challenges with using data.

Interview Questions

• What did you find interesting in litigation?
      What are you analytical skills?
      What are the projects you have done?
      Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Econ One Research in April 2015.

Interview

Applied the position form the university career site.
    Got contacted by email within one week of submitting application for an interview.
    Received an offer couple days after the interview.
    The entire process was quick and efficient.

Interview Questions

• Given two sets of A and B. Determine if a injective/surjective/bijective function exists between A and B   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Econ One Research in January 2015.

Interview

Found the ad on Craigslist, and emailed back and forth with the existing receptionist. Got called in for 2 interviews- one with the hiring director and the overall office manager. Had general questions, just making sure i could do the job. The second interview was more of a personal interview to make sure I meshed well with the team in the office (had 6 people present).

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your previous employer? Are you organized? How do you handle stress? Why do you think you're a good match for our position?   Answer Question

Economic Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Econ One Research (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

I should preface this review by saying I was an intern at Econone prior to being interviewed for an Analyst position. With that said, I did not have a phone interview, but still went through the same on-site interview as all other applicants. The on-site interview consisted of a written exam (knowledge of SAS, excel, case study), a one-on-one interview/ review of your test answers, and then a group interview with about 2 or 3 senior employees. In general, the atmosphere proved to be quite a bit more relaxed than previous interviews. Though the interviewers did have questions, the dialogue within the interview tended to be more of a conversation between people and less of a structured/ uncomfortable Q&A. Overall, I had a fairly positive and stress-free experience.