Econ One Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Econ One Research Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Econ One Research (Washington, DC).

Interview

You have to take an excel test, prove that you are familiar with the basics of valuations. Be prepared to defend your answer. Also be prepare to show that you are willing to work long hours without hesitation.

Interview Questions

• Do you keep or sell the project? - based on questions on the excel test   1 Answer

Economist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Econ One Research (Berkeley, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online in April and interviewed at Berkeley office in June. Three interviewers were very friendly. The entire interview lasted about 30 mins. Most of the questions were project-based, and some behavioral questions as well.

Economist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Econ One Research.

Interview

It is not demanding and interviewers are friendly. My first interview go with three interviewer and most of questions just related to your experience. And I applied at may 2017. Most question is already included in the Glassdoor

Interview Questions

• Work alone or group?
      What's the related number used in Dcf?
      Leadership experience?
      What classes you have taken?   Answer Question

Economic Litigation Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Econ One Research in April 2017.

Interview

First round HR interview. The hiring coordinator was friendly and introduced herself to put me at ease. It was a phone interview where I was asked about myself, why I wanted to work with the firm, what I knew about the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      What do you know about Econ One
      What do you know about the role
      What are mortgage backed securities (specifically for Berkeley office)   Answer Question

Economic Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Econ One Research (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Average interviews, straight forward, focus on communicating but kinda confusing.
    They are friendly and try to be professional, all make sense but you would never know what exactly they want. It seems like they interview a lot of candidates but only want one.
    There're 3 interviews, it is a long process and waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Econ One Research (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I received a email from the HR to arrange a phone-view. The first phone-view took about 30 mins. Some basic information such as talk about your self and talk about your research.

Senior Analyst Interview

Interview

The initial phone interview was 20-30 minutes by HR director. The interview covers some basic questions about your background knowledge and the job description. The HR manger was very friendly and nice.

Interview Questions

• e.g., what is your most interesting project? How did you apply your skill sets into the project?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Econ One Research (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

First is a phone interview that generally covers the basics of you and the job. The second is a Skype interview with managing partner and another senior economist. That's as far as I got, but if you make it past there I remember them mentioning a final in house interview that includes a test of your Stata/SAS/Excel skills. You should be an expert at managing data and moving it between excel and stata as this will probably be your ticket to that third interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Econ One Research (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

I had 2 interviews over the phone. The first interview was with the HR Director (30 minutes) and the other was with the Managing Director (almost an hour). Both asked very thorough questions regarding statistical programming (SAS and Stata) as the position requires experience in these programs. Other questions asked were pretty basic such as those related to work attitude e.g. long hours, ability to collaborate etc; education background; ability to relocate etc.

I also had the opportunity to ask questions regarding the team that I would work with if hired, work environment, types of work, career development etc.

Overall, the interviewers were very pleasant. They sounded friendly over the phone, so no extra pressure. Also, as long as you are prepared to answer programming related questions, you would probably be rather prepared to handle the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the SAS project that you've done for school.
      Tell me about your work at your previous company.
      Do you work better in a group/ individual/ open setting?
      Tell me about your education background   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Econ One Research (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

First was a phone interview which was very easy, but they asked a very difficult one for me which screwed me up at the end. Because I could not recall about an example of the type of question they asked.

Interview Questions

• Tell an example that involved your country on international arbitration   1 Answer