Edaptive Computing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Edaptive Computing Interview Questions

2.6

Unsure Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Edaptive Computing.

Interview

Very confusing interview process. During it, a couple of HR representatives "moved on". So, talked to several different people as a result. Also, was offered 4 different job descriptions during the interview process. It was like they couldn't either decide where they wanted to use my talents or they just didn't know what positions they had. Very confusing. Turned down offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edaptive Computing.

Interview

The interview was fairly straightforward. It started with a phone interview and was followed up by a technical interview onsite. I was asked how I would solve some problems which turned out to be questions directly related to a contract they wanted me to work on. I was also asked to go to the whiteboard and write my answers as if I was giving a presentation. If you are able to stand up and draw on a whiteboard and have adequate technical skills for the position you applied to then you shouldn't have much trouble with their questions.

I was not given a tour of the facility which would've been helpful. They routinely give customers tours of the facility. They can also give you a tour. Ask for a tour and don't let you have a tour run away as fast as you can. They don't want you to see the working condition. You should never accept a job where they are unwilling to show you the type of environment you will be expected to work in.

I was given an offer and I took the offer. However, there is one big caveat. They told me I had 24 hours to make a decision as to whether I would take the job. I was also told that I was there top candidate out of four candidates and if I turned down the job they would offer it to another qualified candidate the next day. Being unemployed at the time I took their offer. I did feel the compensation was fair. However, upon telling my immediate supervisor (who was one of the people that interviewed me) about being told that they had 3 other qualified candidates they were ready to offer the job to he laughed and shook his head and told me they hadn't even interviewed anyone else. He also was unhappy that I had been lied to by HR. That is what is called fraud in the inducement. They lied to me about having other candidates. Finding out you have been lied to and tricked into accepting a job offer within the first month of employment does not make for happy employees. Don't let them fool you either. They're desperate for help. Are you desperate enough to take the job? That is what you should ask yourself.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to write the VHDL for a 4 input MUX on the whiteboard.   Answer Question

Senior Developer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centerville, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edaptive Computing (Centerville, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was more about how to force you into taking the lowest salary possible rather than how much experience you have. The owners could care less about your experience. The only thing that was really important to them was paying you less so they could charge their customers at a higher pay grade than you were hired on at. The exit interview after leaving the company was more like an interrogation process. If I would have know how awful it was I would have hired a lawyer.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to start?   1 Answer

FPGA/Computer Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Edaptive Computing.

Interview

Initially, someone from HR called to ask if I had a moment to discuss my resume. Having experience with short discussions leading to scheduling interviews, I agreed, but then he launched into a lengthy phone interview. Was aggressive and felt disjointed. I felt like they were trying to blindside me. Followed up quickly with a technical interview again on the phone within days. I was put off by the pushy quality and expressed my dislike of the format.

Interview Questions

• Asked plenty of syntax based questions, so prepare to be able to code things verbally.   Answer Question

Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Edaptive Computing (Dayton, OH).

Interview

It is very thorough. Written test, whiteboard test and then in-person interview.

Negotiation

Fairly straightforward.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beavercreek, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Edaptive Computing (Beavercreek, OH) in July 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with two members of the company. Discussed the history of the company, the kind of position being filled as well as my career interest etc.

Interview Questions

• Challenged to implement software solutions on the marker-board.   Answer Question