Edmentum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.1

Training Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edmentum (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Response to the initial resume submission was very fast and follow up throughout the interview process was also very timely, though this may have been due to the immediate need to fill the role.

The questions were easy and not very relatable to the role and responsibilities. The in person interview process was split between the manager and director, but there weren't many questions relevant to training, instructional design, or content management. Those I interviewed with didn't seem to fully understand some of my questions or were unable to answer them multiple times.

Online Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Edmentum.

Interview

I was contacted and asked to submit a brief writing sample via email. After submission I was asked to a phone interview. The interview consisted of 15 questions and lasted about 30 minutes. The questions related to prior teaching experience. The interviewer was professional and easy going. They were looking for a candidate with prior online teaching experience rather than the brick and mortar traditional experience. It would be wise to highlight any online experience.

Math Content Developer (Contract) Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edmentum.

Interview

The interview process was organized, however, the three interviewers repeated several of the same questions. Otherwise, my experience was positive. I spoke with a recruiter, the director of mathematics content development and one member of the math team. I would interview for the company again. I was not told, in the end, why I was not selected.

Curriculum Developer, Science/Math Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Edmentum in April 2016.

Interview

Received a screening call 4 days after applying to make sure I was available and was in the salary range required. Once completed I received a formal interview request for two days later. I was interviewed for both the math and science positions by the hiring managers for each program on a group call followed by two assessments, one for the math and one for the science position. Math Assessment had a time limit of 45min while the science was a 24 hour time limit.

Interview Questions

• Very traditional interview questions. Mostly focused on describing experiences where you faced challenges or solved a particular type of problem in the workplace.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edmentum (Bloomington, MN) in November 2015.

Interview

The process included a series of phone and in person interviews. I was looking forward to learning about this company but was unimpressed with the interviewers. They were unprepared and wasted my time. One of the interviewers even made a couple of insulting remarks about my resume and background. I was appalled by the unprofessional behavior and quickly realized how much I appreciated my employer. People may not mesh, but there is never ANY excuse to insult a stranger who is interested in your company.

Interview Questions

• How do I know if you will fit well on my team?   1 Answer

ELA Curriculum Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edmentum (Richardson, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The first two interviews were done over the phone, and then they gave me a test to complete after the second phone interview. The test was editing questions, as well as a written portion to show how well I could write for different grades, 1-12. I turned it in within their specified 24 hours.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Edmentum (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Despite having a background perfectly tailored for the job, including 8 years at a very large company in this niche, and a couple years at a direct competitor, they kept insisting I didn't have enough experience and wanted me to interview for a position WAY below my skill level. They dismissed me far too quickly, which showed me how mismanaged this place truly is (the rumors are true, fyi). Don't waste your time.

Curriculum Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Edmentum.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview with the recruiter, followed by a longer interview with manager and math skills test. The interview was scheduled about a week after I submitted my resume and the process moved very quickly. The position was advertised as a contract position, but seemed structured more as a work-at-home employee. Interviewers were friendly and wanted to find candidates who would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions such as 'Why do you want to work here' and questions about specific technical skills.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Edmentum in April 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview and lasted about 20 minutes. There were only a few asked, and they were fairly basic. Most of the interview actually consisted of the interviewer trying to sell the company to me. I felt comfortable with the process, but think I was kind of a shoe in because they were in desperate need of a teacher with my specific skill set. I received an offer at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with students who are having difficulties with a topic?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Edmentum in March 2015.

Interview

The sequence of the interview process is as follows: submit online application through company website. Interview/screening with company recruiter. Phone interview with Regional Vice President. Phone meeting with current field sales employee. Phone meeting with National Vice President. In person meeting with Regional Vice President and a member of field team.

Interview Questions

• What district personnel are in your current network of influence? What strategies would you use to ensure quota attainment?   Answer Question