Edmentum Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Rob Rueckl

Pros
  • Clear vision, great people to work with (in 12 reviews)

• great people (not necessarily at the manager level), great benefits, flexibliity (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • If you are out in the field you have a home office and you don't get to see people face to face that you work with (in 3 reviews)

• Worked as contractor and let go after short stint (in 4 reviews)

1. "Group Product Manager"

Former Employee - Group Product Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Group Product Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Edmentum full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Clear vision, great people to work with

Cons

Minnesota is a cold climate

Advice to Management

Look farther in the future

2. "Product Specialist"

I worked at Edmentum full-time

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Discouraging environment, job duties seem to change without notice.

"Teaming approach to growing sales"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Edmentum (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good base salary and commissions/bonuses.
    Innovative online products with regular product updates.
    Working as part of a team in assigned territory can be a positive experience if you have team members who understand how to team together in a way that produces excellent results

Cons

Internal processes and policies can slow down the sales process.
    Working as part of a team with someone who would rather be a lone wolf may hurt your sales outcome for your shared territory.

Advice to Management

Focus on ways to enhance processes and policies for the sales process to flow more smoothly - the sales teams and customers will greatly appreciate it.
    Provide coaching to team members who need help with understanding best practices of teaming together with assigned team members for the best possible sales outcomes. Don't allow lone wolves to hurt any teams' sales results.

5. "Customer Support Representative"

I have been working at Edmentum full-time

Pros

Great people to work with. Management is very friendly and the training is great to set you up for success in this department.

Cons

You are on the phone constantly throughout the day and sometimes the customers can be extremely rude.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Hire some new representatives so that the overall workload balances out more for everyone

6. "Awesome place to work!"

Pros

Flexibility, atmosphere, coworkers, good team attitude

Cons

Sometimes more direction is needed.

Advice to Management

Training is always helpful.

"Tons of potential and the right employees to make it happen"

Pros

GREAT products
    Incredibly intelligent and personable people
    Optimistic culture

Cons

Needs a better performance review process
    Smaller, so advance opportunities are better in some departments than others
    TX office doesn't have much say in decisions made in MN that affect them

Advice to Management

Continue to stay focused on making education accessible, effective, and fun for all learners, and remember these things when you're making decisions about your employees as well. You have so many talented, passionated, and genuinely kind people working for you and they will give you back what you put into them.

"Education Consultant"

Pros

flexible schedule; much of initial training is online; regular feedback through surveys

Cons

limited interaction with full time workers as a part time employee

"Teacher for Edmentum"

Former Employee - Teacher in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Teacher in Detroit, MI

Pros

Worked from home, worked part-time

Cons

I would like to file a lawsuit against this company for harassment. I was harassed by a supervisor who does the evaluations. Upon having a meeting, my computer was having issues, so I called her instead, and she blew up screaming at me for being 15 minutes late for the online meeting. Very unprofessional behavior, I was with the company longer than she was, so I was token back by how unprofessional this company is. and how they go through good, qualified teacher, because of people like this. Never in my career have I EVER worked with such an irate person! Poor professionalism. Was not paid for 2 hour long meetings, which by law I can sue over too..

Advice to Management

Train your employees who are supervisors to be more professional in working with educators or anyone for that matter.

"No Loyalty"

Former Employee - Senior Curriculum Developer in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Curriculum Developer in Richardson, TX

I worked at Edmentum (More than 5 years)

Pros

Cons

Managers in curriculum department have terrible social skills. There were days I didn't even see my manager and she didn't go out of her way to check on employees. If I got up to visit with coworkers, I was given dirty looks. They treated us like school age children. I worked there 5 years and was fired without any sort of warning for the stupidest reason. Apparently management has enough time to read through months and months of instant messaging conversations to come up with reasons to fire employees who have done good work. Now I am without insurance and have a family to support. My son is 18 months old and I am scrambling to get us covered. COBRA would cost me over $1000. I recently trained other employees on how to use our program which shows I have experience and knowledge about the job. It's a shame. The job was a good job, it was challenging and after five years, I felt very comfortable there and happy with my job. The management is going to ruin the curriculum department.

Advice to Management

Find something to do other than read through instant messaging conversations. If you really want to read through them, then maybe use it as a resource for areas to improve. If you have to threaten employees to only talk positive about the company and managers, then you are clearly doing something wrong.

"Territory Manager"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Winter Garden, FL
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Winter Garden, FL

I have been working at Edmentum (More than a year)

Pros

positive company culture and the majority of senior management are positive to work for

Cons

comp plan/rules of engagement are not beneficial to sales reps, no consistency in rewarding top performers from year to year