Education Affiliates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Education Affiliates

2.2

Sort:

Admissions Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Education Affiliates.

Interview

In person interview, computer assessment, phone interview about assessment results. It was a long drawn out process. Longer than it has to be. All this and still people quit after the first week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Education Affiliates (Wayne, NJ) in October 2010.

Interview

First interview was a group of 20 poeple we all had to stand up and say something about ourselves. Then we had to take a personality test. They want to know if you have a type A personality. If you score well you have a interview with the dir of the school and the dir of admissions. The just want to know if you have the abitly to sell the school. The job is a sales job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

yes i was the pay range wwas 45 to 55 i got 48

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Education Affiliates (Mobile, AL) in March 2010.

Interview

The first interview is a group interview. Then there is a individual interview.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Education Affiliates (Columbia, SC) in September 2013.

Interview

Nothing to stress over. They mostly hire their friends and family. If you get an interview it will usually be for a position or hours nobody else wants to work. While the interview was formal, the questions were very informal. The interviewer really had no idea or training on how to conduct an interview so it was all over the place. I was read the job description and asked if this is something I wanted to do.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Education Affiliates (Nashville, TN).

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 platform interview
    The phone interview was typical, qualifications, experience, etc.
    The platform is key. You teach a class for 10 to 15 minutes in your subject area. They wanted to see if you could manage a classroom so a couple of the "reviewers" let their cell phone go off, disrupted, were late, etc. Put your name on the board, have a prepared ppt and know it inside and out. Be prepared for questions, ask for them!
    If you are offered the job ask for more money because these people will low-ball you and you will never get a raise unless you bug the crap out of them. Expect to bring your own materials, get your own contacts with the textbook publishers because most of the PDs are too lazy to help you. Don't get me wrong, there are some really awesome program directors but the DOEs cannot be trusted and I would keep information about yourself to yourself. This place has a bunch of backstabbers and I have seen instructors set up other instructors because they were afraid of them. Do not make friends there, be polite, professional and do the job. Turnover is awful in most departments. Anyone who has been there a while is an a$$ kisser and you should be nice and polite and do your thing, and go home.

Interview Questions

• How did you learn excel so well?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Low-ball offer, said they couldn't afford more. The did though... good thing, no raises unless you ask and ask and ask. Reviewers have no choice but to think of something to put on there to downgrade you, even if it is something like took 11 minutes instead of 10 minute break.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Education Affiliates (Baltimore, MD) in January 2012.

Interview

Apply for position online with resume, meet with potential manager, if offered position come back and do presentation in front of students and other instructors. The topic is your choice, you present and pretend as if you are teaching a class. It's best to ask questions and involve the audience. Be prepared with handouts or a PowerPoint presentation.

Interview Questions

• How would you get a class back on track if they moved away from the current lecture?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Education Affiliates (Baltimore, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

First interview was basic but inquired about general and advanced knowledge with the Dean and Department Head. Second interview was performing a mock teaching season in which you must prepare ahead of time and in front of Dean, Dept Head, and 3 other instructors. Went well, medium pressure.

Anonymous Employee in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Education Affiliates (Cuyahoga Falls, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

The company was eager to hire me to fill an immediate position. However without notice I was let go within 4 weeks as the quarter changed when my class was discontinued. Then rehired when they needed me again.

Interview Questions

• Do I feel comfortable being in front of a classroom?   1 Answer

Dental Hygienist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Education Affiliates (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Quick on phone conversation to set up in person interview. Interview was easy, to the point. I was offered the job on site and asked to start in one week following a drug test.

Financial Aid Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Marsh, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Education Affiliates (White Marsh, MD) in December 2011.

Interview

panel of two supervisors, who basically asked fairly standard questions that were related to the position. It was fair, and somewhat informal, the company really does promote from within.