Education Affiliates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.4

Dental Hygienist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Education Affiliates (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Quick on phone conversation to set up in person interview. Interview was easy, to the point. I was offered the job on site and asked to start in one week following a drug test.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Education Affiliates (Baltimore, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

First interview was basic but inquired about general and advanced knowledge with the Dean and Department Head. Second interview was performing a mock teaching season in which you must prepare ahead of time and in front of Dean, Dept Head, and 3 other instructors. Went well, medium pressure.

Admissions Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Education Affiliates.

Interview

In person interview, computer assessment, phone interview about assessment results. It was a long drawn out process. Longer than it has to be. All this and still people quit after the first week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Education Affiliates (Nottingham, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

It was group interview. each person is asked the same questions. things like you strengths and weakness and how you handle repetitive tasks. if you pass that stage you'll move on to a phone interview were you'll just talk about the company and do some role playing. if you pass that stage you move on to a personal interview with the assistant director. some people are hired right after this stage how ever some people go on to another interview with the director himself.

Interview Questions

• what are your strengths?
      what are your weakness?
      are you competitive?
      past work experience?
      how do you stay motivated when doing repetitive tasks?
      why did you chose to apply for this job?
      what are your long term goals?
      how do you work around others?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Education Affiliates (Nashville, TN).

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 platform interview
    The phone interview was typical, qualifications, experience, etc.
    The platform is key. You teach a class for 10 to 15 minutes in your subject area. They wanted to see if you could manage a classroom so a couple of the "reviewers" let their cell phone go off, disrupted, were late, etc. Put your name on the board, have a prepared ppt and know it inside and out. Be prepared for questions, ask for them!
    If you are offered the job ask for more money because these people will low-ball you and you will never get a raise unless you bug the crap out of them. Expect to bring your own materials, get your own contacts with the textbook publishers because most of the PDs are too lazy to help you. Don't get me wrong, there are some really awesome program directors but the DOEs cannot be trusted and I would keep information about yourself to yourself. This place has a bunch of backstabbers and I have seen instructors set up other instructors because they were afraid of them. Do not make friends there, be polite, professional and do the job. Turnover is awful in most departments. Anyone who has been there a while is an a$$ kisser and you should be nice and polite and do your thing, and go home.

Interview Questions

• How did you learn excel so well?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Low-ball offer, said they couldn't afford more. The did though... good thing, no raises unless you ask and ask and ask. Reviewers have no choice but to think of something to put on there to downgrade you, even if it is something like took 11 minutes instead of 10 minute break.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Education Affiliates (Columbia, SC) in September 2013.

Interview

Nothing to stress over. They mostly hire their friends and family. If you get an interview it will usually be for a position or hours nobody else wants to work. While the interview was formal, the questions were very informal. The interviewer really had no idea or training on how to conduct an interview so it was all over the place. I was read the job description and asked if this is something I wanted to do.

Career Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Education Affiliates (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

Initial communication was via email and phone call from the Campus President (School Director)

Interview Questions

• None that stood out, it was more of a conversation than a formal interview. I was asked about my educational background and general experience, but nothing overly difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told there was no room for negotiation

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Education Affiliates (Baltimore, MD) in March 2012.

Interview

There are 4 parts. Group interview, 2 phone interviews, 1 observation interview. Takes about 1 week to 2 weeks to get hirefm hardest part is group. Do not be late to the group interview. Understand that the JOB IS BORING! They ask can you stand to do the same thing over and over everyday? People always say yes and get there and can't handle it and leave or her fired because instead of doing the BORING JOB, they are on the internet surfing. Please think about this before applying.

Interview Questions

• What will you add to the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Education Affiliates (Baltimore, MD) in January 2012.

Interview

Apply for position online with resume, meet with potential manager, if offered position come back and do presentation in front of students and other instructors. The topic is your choice, you present and pretend as if you are teaching a class. It's best to ask questions and involve the audience. Be prepared with handouts or a PowerPoint presentation.

Interview Questions

• How would you get a class back on track if they moved away from the current lecture?   Answer Question

Financial Aid Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Marsh, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Education Affiliates (White Marsh, MD) in December 2011.

Interview

panel of two supervisors, who basically asked fairly standard questions that were related to the position. It was fair, and somewhat informal, the company really does promote from within.