Edwards Lifesciences Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 26, 2016

2.8

Junior Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Edwards Lifesciences (Irvine, CA).

Interview

They ask basic behavioral and background questions, such as my college background and how I handle a difficult situation. They also asked about my academic and personal side projects. They were looking for both hardware-based and software-based projects. They had a programming test at the end. Note that this is a software test engineering position.

Senior Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edwards Lifesciences (Irvine, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process followed a typical format. Started by submitting an online application. Next was an HR phone screen. Then, a phone screen with the hiring manager followed by an on site team interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions ranged from general interest in position to in depth application of risk management principles.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Edwards tries to put their best foot forward when you are the right person for the job. Consequently, there was not a lot to negotiate.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Edwards Lifesciences (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

Spoke with VP for 45 min. Was very friendly, a positive experience. Hard to get a read on how I did, although interviewer stated a couple times that the questions I had regarding the company and program made an impression. Ended up that I was invited back for a second interview, will see how that goes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, a great success you had, a great failure you experienced, etc.   Answer Question

Technical Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Edwards Lifesciences in October 2016.

Interview

All the recruiters and interviewers were extremely personable and welcoming. Started with campus information sessions, applied for an interview through the campus career resource website, and then invited for interview on campus. Following on campus interviews, candidates were chosen to move to the following round where they travel to Irvine, CA for additional interviews and activities. Interview itself was very structured and revolved around a list of ~10 questions rather than a conversation style interview.

Interview Questions

• Who has been the best leader you have encountered and worked with?   1 Answer

Proofreader Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Edwards Lifesciences (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was very strange. I was in a room with hardly any light and told everything about the job that will be hard and demanding. It's like they are trying to scare you to not take the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been late to a job before?   1 Answer

Full Stack Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edwards Lifesciences.

Interview

I wasn't asked any specific C# or Angular questions, which is very weird for a full-stack position interview.

After 45 minutes, the interviewer said the interview was over, and as I was being walked out, this person told me I was 'Mid' level worker and not 'Senior' level. Yes, I guess being a Software Architect with 15 years of work experience at a global company traded on the Nikkei index is 'Mid Level'.

During the walk back to the lobby, the interviewer ended up conversing with a co-worker discussing how long it took to get pregnant. Sitting in on this conversation was quite delightful -- the cherry on the proverbial cake of this interview process. More proof that Edwards trains its managers to the highest caliber.

Quite interesting how the manager is looking for a 'Senior' level candidates. His question of joining 2 tables using an INNER JOIN was very calibrated for 'Senior' candidates.

Suggestion to Edwards Lifesciences: Ask your candidates relevant questions for the position that is being filled. Educate your workforce on human interaction protocol.

Interview Questions

• How to join 2 tables (yes, I was actually asked this). No Javascript, no C#.   Answer Question

Senior Desktop Engineer, IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edwards Lifesciences (Irvine, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Overall, it was a very good experience. There were several telephone interviews, then an in-person interview scheduled for one day where I did a one-on-one interview with one of the IT managers for about 45 minutes, followed by a one-on-one interview with one of the other desktop engineers for about 45 minutes, then finally a panel interview that ran for roughly 1 hour. I felt their questions were very relevant to the job and to an overall personality test to see how one would handle various issues. Once the interview process was complete, Edwards initiated a thorough background check using HireRight along with a drug test.

Interview Questions

• In your previous job, describe your most challenging moment and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Edwards Lifesciences (Irvine, CA).

Interview

It started with a phone screen with someone from their Talent Acquisition group. Then onto a 6-7 hours long and strenuous process with at least 6-8 members on the interview panel.

R&D Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Edwards Lifesciences (Irvine, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Position was in advanced tech department.
    Interview process:
    1- Phone interview with HR
    2- Phone interview with a director
    3- in person interview that took half a day (6 R&D and 1 HR).

Questions were mostly about previous experience and technical background. Also, they provided details about the position and what is required from the prospective employee.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you have a conflict with a colleague?   1 Answer

Senior Manufacturing Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Edwards Lifesciences (Irvine, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very well coordinated, the internal recruiters were polite and they corresponded with me swiftly on changes and scheduling. The onsite interview was two hour long, was a grill on manufacturing process understanding, management style, process improvement experience and a peek into Edwards Lifesciences culture. Interviewers were prepared and asked questions that suggested they were interested in recruiting an individual with the right skill set, and one who will be a fit for the organization's culture. They were exhaustive in their answers to questions I had during the interview, and their answers helped me gain further insight into the organization's culture and position expectations. All on the two interview panel stressed the challenges of the group size.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an employee that had performance issues, and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question