Edwards Lifesciences Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Edwards Lifesciences Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2017

2.7

University Direct Hire Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Edwards Lifesciences.

Interview

45 minutes complete behavioral interview. Answers were not followed up with related questions. Some questions seemed like repeats of others. Interview was prefaced by chat with an recently hired new university graduate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work with someone you did not like.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edwards Lifesciences.

Interview

Contacted by HR recruiter and had a brief phone interview. Set up phone interview with hiring manager. He brought one other engineer on the conference call. On site interview was with 7 people, in 5 separate sessions. Hiring manager bought me lunch from the cafeteria as we talked.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for leave your current position and come work for Edwards?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your background and how your experience would fit for this role.   Answer Question

Staff Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edwards Lifesciences (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

Edwards recruiter phone screen followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. After that, 4 on-site interviews lasting 3 hours total. Recruiter kept me in the loop the entire time on the status. Overall the interviews were average/easy in difficulty, with only one semi-technical question. The rest were questions about my resume and general experience questions.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edwards Lifesciences (Irvine, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Fast and straight to the skills job demanded. Situational questions and job skills related previous experiences & examples. Also, inquired about future career path and why chose Edwards as employer of choice.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Edwards Lifesciences (Irvine, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews first with the recruiter and then with the hiring manager. Nothing difficult if you have the skills for the position you applied, followed by 4 sections of one on one interviews and 1 Panel interview. The only downside is that they don't communicate their desicion so you have to guess how you did.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edwards Lifesciences.

Interview

One phone interview with HR followed by full day onsite interview. Met with Director , Manager, and team. Provided a tour of the beautiful campus as well as a tasty lunch from the onsite cafe. Everyone was very nice. They really took the time to get to know my background and personality. All said, an enjoyable experience.

Principal Plastics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Edwards Lifesciences (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Talent Acquisition interviewed me over the phone, I thought it went well. She had me answer 3 questions regarding my experience in relation to the job requirement, As it is, that is exactly what I do and more, so the job fit me like a T. I thought everything was going well. So she said she will submit me to the hiring manager. And if I could do her one more favor and refer a colleague or friend for a different position, Before I knew it, my colleague is being considered for the exact same position. And that's fine but this recruiter I wish would've come out straight and told me. Be professional!!!

Junior Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Edwards Lifesciences (Irvine, CA).

Interview

They ask basic behavioral and background questions, such as my college background and how I handle a difficult situation. They also asked about my academic and personal side projects. They were looking for both hardware-based and software-based projects. They had a programming test at the end. Note that this is a software test engineering position.

Senior Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edwards Lifesciences (Irvine, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process followed a typical format. Started by submitting an online application. Next was an HR phone screen. Then, a phone screen with the hiring manager followed by an on site team interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions ranged from general interest in position to in depth application of risk management principles.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Edwards tries to put their best foot forward when you are the right person for the job. Consequently, there was not a lot to negotiate.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Edwards Lifesciences (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

Spoke with VP for 45 min. Was very friendly, a positive experience. Hard to get a read on how I did, although interviewer stated a couple times that the questions I had regarding the company and program made an impression. Ended up that I was invited back for a second interview, will see how that goes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, a great success you had, a great failure you experienced, etc.   Answer Question