Election Systems & Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Election Systems & Software

Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Election Systems & Software (Omaha, NE) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview was very casual and they didn't ask the traditional interview questions. I think the biggest plus to the interview was coming prepared. Research the company. They were impressed with my knowledge of the company, right down to some of its pitfalls. Also, I was prepared with questions to ask them at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What forms of style guides are you familiar with using in Technical Writing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I received an offer for the Technical Communication Writer/Coordinator position with a base salary of $60,000. However, 4 days prior to start, they called and offered me the Proposal Writer position; a promotion in line to succeed the Director of Technical Documentation and Proposals position.

Desktop Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Election Systems & Software (Omaha, NE) in March 2015.

Interview

After the initial phone screening, I was called in for in-person interview. I met with Development manager who had series of programming and SQL questions (Select, Inner Join, Group By) on paper (read below) for interview Q&A. Once he was finished and left the room, the director walked in and asked a variety of standard interview questions like "What are your goals?", "Why are you passionate about working as a developer?", "What type of culture do you prefer at your workplace?" etc. Then for the third round, a developer from the company logged into her computer and had several C# programming and SQL questions (Inner Join, Compare Dates).

Interview Questions

• Question 1: Loop through numbers 200 - 300 and print "Hum" if numbers divisible by 5, print "Honey" if divisible by 7, and print "Nothing" everything else.
      Question 2: What's the difference between interface and abstract class?
      Question 3: What's the difference between int and int32?
      Question 4: Print just the integers from the following list?
                  ArrayList list = new ArrayList();

list.Add("Hello");
                  list.Add(1);
                  list.Add(2.5);
                  list.Add(3);
                  list.Add(2);
                  list.Add("Jeremy");
                  list.Add(0);
      Question 5: Find the youngest student from the Student table below?
                         StudentID DOB
                         ------------ ---------
                         001 05/21/1991
                         002 11/04/1995
                         003 12/02/1989   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Election Systems & Software (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2019.

Interview

Over the phone for initial, second was in person and received offer for employment contract position, schedule for on boarding, did online paperwork and scheduled travel for first week there isn't much more I can provide on the overall interview experience just trying to get to 30 words

Interview Questions

• Describe your highest accomplishments. What was good or bad and what did you learn?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Election Systems & Software in April 2010.

Interview

Contracted with the company before.
    Interview was a formality.