Elite Language Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Elite Language Institute Interview Questions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Elite Language Institute

ESL Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Elite Language Institute.

Interview

I submitted my resume via email and was contacted by phone to come in for an interview that same week. I interviewed with the Director and Owner of the school for about 45 minutes. She was very eager to hear about my experience working with international students and what strengths I could bring to the school. We were both all smiles by the end of the interview and we arranged for me to come back the following week to give a teaching demonstration. Immediately following my teaching demo, I returned to the director's office and was offered a position. She let me know that the first 30 days were probationary and that we would also re-evaluate at the end of my first term (4 months).

Interview Questions

• There were no surprises during the interview. We discussed teaching styles and theories as well as the necessary classroom refereeing that comes with teaching in a multicultural setting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiating is possible, but generally they will hire you for 1 term (4 months) at the offered rate, and if you perform well, then they could raise your rate to a higher amount.

Head Foreign Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chiayi (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Elite Language Institute (Chiayi (Taiwan)) in June 2012.

Interview

I approached them and was called back by their former head foreign teacher after a couple of weeks. I interviewed with the owner. Very informal. Asked to come back the next day for a demonstration.

Interview Questions

• Giving the demo with no prep time was a bit scary but if you are an experienced ESL teacher, not just some back-packer, you will get high marks as I did with the owner and head teacher observing.   1 Answer

Appointment Setter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Elite Language Institute (London, England (UK)) in May 2009.

Interview

I applied to the job using email and received a phone call within the hour.There was a short phone interview and then I was asked to come into the company headquarters the next day for a formal interview. During the interview, I was asked questions about my past work experience and why I thought I would be suitable for the position. There was then a mock phone call.