Embarcadero Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Embarcadero Technologies Interview Questions

2.5

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Embarcadero Technologies (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

They were very thorough. I interviewed with a few sales representatives, each sales support department managers-renewals, credit, billing, product management, customer service and the CEO. Everyone was very friendly and passionate about the company.

Interview Questions

• How I worked as a team in and outside of the sales department.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Open to negotiation

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Embarcadero Technologies (Austin, TX).

Interview

I found the job through a recruiter. I was asked a number of general questions about my background and waited for over a week to interview with the hiring manager. Has a phone interview and then met with the hiring manager. The interview questions were more involved in the final stage and I was asked to make a short sales presentation.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Embarcadero Technologies.

Interview

It took about a month and I worked with a recruiter. There was a phone interview with the recruiter and I then went in to see her. Then I had a phone interview with Embarcadero. Following that I had an onsite interview with two managers and did a small presentation.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Embarcadero Technologies in October 2013.

Interview

Very quick process. A recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn and sent me job info. The hiring manager did a pre-screen via Skype on a Tuesday and scheduled me for an in-person interview that Thursday, two days later. The panel interview was ~1hr, not very difficult. It seemed to end a bit abruptly, but went fine. One week later I had an offer.

Interview Questions

• I really don't remember any difficult questions. The recruiter provided some prep questions to me so I was able to prepare well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Quick and easy. Salary was acceptable, I did ask for more vacation and received it.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Embarcadero Technologies in September 2013.

Interview

It was really simple. I interviewed with four people. 2 Managers and 2 Sales people. i couldn't think of an interview that was more basic. The 2 sales people were going for culture and the 2 managers seemed happy with my background. I wasn't grilled too hard. Felt like it was in the bag the whole time, which was kind of a red flag but it turned out to be fine.

Business Develepment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Embarcadero Technologies (San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Talked on the phone for a bit, came into office, looked around, was hired. It was easy as that but this site, requires that I have a 50 word minimum. I suppose that makes sense seeing as how most jobs aren't as easy to acquire as this one was. who knows, maybe i was just lucky.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Embarcadero Technologies (Austin, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Interviewed initially with an outside recruiter. Then went in to meet with a manager and the VP at that time for a 30 minute interview. The VP hardly paid any attention and basically worked on email the entire time. The next interview consisted of me coming in for a role play scenario. It was a very easy and two afterward I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• The entire interview was pretty standard for a sales role.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The initial offer was nearly 20k less than what the recruiter told me I would be offered. I was able to negotiate a half and half split.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Embarcadero Technologies (Austin, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

A local recruiter set up the interview for me. The process was supposed to be 1. An interview with the Sales Director. 2. Mock Sales Call 3. Interview with VP of Sales. However, I believe they were in desperate need to hire another rep because I only went through phase 1.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Embarcadero Technologies (Austin, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process started off with the first round which was a phone interview. After the first phone interview we had a second round where we did a "simulated" sales call where I pitched them on some of Embarcadero's tools (which I knew nothing about). Third round was with a VP who basically asked me if I had any questions and that was it. 4th and final round was one last phone call to see if there were any issues or other questions that I might have.

Interview Questions

• Why sales? What have you sold in the past? How familiar are you with our technology? Do you know who our main competition is?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. I tried a couple of times but was shot down each time. This being my first job out of school I was okay at first with the pay structure, etc.

Tester Interview

Interview

Skills required did not match with the interview test.