EmblemHealth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 6, 2016

2.6

Call Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EmblemHealth (New York, NY).

Interview

The first interview was with HR, then the director of the call center and another director from another department. I received a call a few days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Do have have experience working with union employees.   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EmblemHealth (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was 2 rounds of phone conversations. Next was a long first round interview in the office which was followed by radio silence. Contacted the recruiting manager and still nothing. Very disappointing because it seemed the interview went very well.

Interview Questions

• What has been the most challenging part of your career thus far?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EmblemHealth.

Interview

It was pretty straightforward and easy. Got called by recruiter and had a phone screen. Then asked back to meet in person with three people.It was pretty straightforward and easy. Got called by recruiter and had a phone screen. Then asked back to meet in person with three people.It was pretty straightforward and easy. Got called by recruiter and had a phone screen. Then asked back to meet in person with three people.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EmblemHealth (New York, NY).

Interview

Overall a very pleasant experience. There is an initial HR screening call to verify key skill sets and PMP certification. Then a set of interviews with a couple of PMs and Director from their PMO. They were predominantly focused on past projects with large enterprise-level projects.

Senior Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at EmblemHealth (New York, NY).

Interview

My interview was 25 years ago. I applied for two separate positions within the company in the past 15 years and was offered both. Due to the high volume of work within my original position, I decided o stay and was offered more opportunity and training which turned out for the better.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel you can offer to us that no one else can?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EmblemHealth (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

1. Phone interview with HR
    2. In-person interviews with other data analysts, the person I would be reporting to, and the department head. This part included a technical test which involved some short problems to be solved in Access, VBA, SQL, and SAS. I wasn't very familiar with SAS so was allowed to just explain how I would set up the code if I knew the correct syntax.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I wanted to switch to a data science role, since at the time I was working in an actuarial role at another company.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR, then met with them in person twice because person I was really supposed to meet with got sick and they didn't bother to tell me. Finally met with the person I would be reporting to, and then with their boss. You have to go through a lot of hoops even for low level positions. It's so competitive out there so I guess they can do whatever they want.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized when handling multiple projects?   Answer Question

Executive Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EmblemHealth (Syracuse, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Was asked to take online assessment test, then had brief phone screening interview which was followed by an in-person interview. While the process went smoothly I felt a bit rushed during the interview and to be honest was a little surprised at negativity expressed toward current staff during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked me how I would handle phone calls from irate customers/constituents. Was more of a description of the job than a Q&A.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EmblemHealth.

Interview

First interview was with Human Resources. This was very basic - simple questions that reviewed background relative to job you're applying to. Next level was Operational area. It was a one-on-one with Vice President of area. Again basic questions, strengths, weaknesses. Minimum focus on experience but rather on how you managed (management style, etc.). Overall, interview process was easy.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EmblemHealth (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was a screening interview via phone. I was asked a series of questions pertaining to my position. They were questions pertain to rating methodologies used and my list of software and data warehouse proficiency. I was asked questions regarding the open position and why I would be a suitable choice for this position.

Interview Questions

• Why I was no longer with EmblemHealth   1 Answer