Entertainment Cruises Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.1

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Entertainment Cruises (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, within a few days I was sent an email to come in for an interview with a woman from Entertainment Cruises. The next week I went in for an interview at NBC Tower Chicago on time, dressed well, with my resume and plenty of supervisor and managerial experience to talk about. Two minutes into the interview she begins to tell me that I don't have enough experience to be a kitchen supervisor, even though I had past restaurant experience and am currently a manager at a small company in the area now. On top of telling me I didn't have enough experience, she continues and instead offers me a job as a food server. I was completely offended and shocked by this and denied her offer. She then asks if I was hired as a supervisor, how much would I be willing to work for. I told her a very fair rate for the job and my experience of at least $17/hr. She then explained that the cap for supervisors is $15/hr which is way too low anyways so I was very confused why she had me come in to interview in the first place. Then she begins to tell me I may be over qualified for the job...right after she told me I have no experience and should be a server...Super rude of the company and a total waste of my time. No worries though, I was hired later that day for an hourly rate much higher than that at Home Depot.

Interview Questions

Entertainment Cruises Response

May 19, 2017 – HR/Payroll Intern

Thank you for letting us know about your experience interviewing with us and we are sorry to hear that it was not a positive experience.
    Please know that we will follow up directly with the hiring... More

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Entertainment Cruises.

Interview

The interview began with a brief phone screen. Then, there was an in person which was fairly straightforward. Go in prepared, dress professional, and you should be set for this position.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Entertainment Cruises (Peoria, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, within 2 weeks I received an email asking for a phone interview. The process moved a little slow. The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes, as they had anticipated.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Entertainment Cruises in January 2017.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Applied and got an email for a phone interview roughly 2-2.5 weeks from when I applied. I received an offer literally 5 hours later. I am sure they hire many people. As long as one has good customer service skills and is able to communicate.. You should be fine.

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Entertainment Cruises (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call within 2 days of posting my resume. It was actually an email asking me to contact them regarding the position I applied for Event Coordinator.

Interview Questions

• Only one question. Tell me about your previous work experience?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Entertainment Cruises.

Interview

It was very simple. They recruited at college and interviewed with them the next day. Was sent an email within the the week and was asked to accept within the next two weeks. Internship consisted of working on actual boats as service staff and having meet and greets with executives at the company.

Interview Questions

• Because it required working on weekends, was that a schedule that I was okay working with?   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Entertainment Cruises (Boston, MA).

Interview

It was detailed and informative. I met with the current event planner as well as the Director of sales. The showed me around the office and reviewed the job as well as my experience

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to be an event planner and a few past experiences I had in event planning   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Entertainment Cruises (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. They asked a lot of the same types of questions, however if prepared, it wasn't too difficult. They took quite awhile to get back to me but in the end, it worked out. I got the job and they were very nice.

Sales & Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Entertainment Cruises (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Received an e-mail after attending an internship fair at my university. Was told to complete a Sales assessment test. Contacted through e-mail again after completion, and was prompted to schedule a phone interview. Was called a week later, in order to discuss more details for the internship including location, pay, responsibilities, corporate culture, etc. A few minutes later, was directed for a second interview with behavioral questions. Phone call/interview lasted about an hour long. Two days later, I was offered the position through an e-mail.

Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Entertainment Cruises (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online through a job search website. Heard back two months later. Was screened by director of IT with a phone interview. After phone call ended was scheduled for an interview in office downtown. Did in person interview with Director of IT and head IT lead. Within one week heard back about starting date.