Entrust Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Entrust Energy Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.8

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Entrust Energy.

Interview

The process was straight forward, the staff was extremely friendly, the process does not take long at all, and the interviewers we extremely down to earth. Overall, the company has an amazing culture, which is shown through your interactions, and communications with the staff.

Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Entrust Energy (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

One of the better interview processes I've been apart of in the last five years. 1. Responsive. Once they were interested, they never failed to communicate status. 2. They didn't send generic form emails. 3. When it came down to final interviews they coordinated travel and reimbursements effectively and quickly. 4. When it came to interviewing, their interviewers spent the time to talk about the company, team, culture, role and expectations. They are making sure they bring the right people in which is important. There is more to a person than a resume. They get hat. Once the final offer was made, they were flexible in the places that they could be flexible. At the end of the day, seems like they are bringing in talent and doing the best they can to come to a mutually agreeable package.

Interview Questions

• What are your four expectations for the role and company?   Answer Question

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Entrust Energy (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

recruiter was pushy and cold but at least it was short and to the point
    had multiple interviews with groups i was not applying to work in but was never explained why by the recruiter

Interview Questions

• all i remember being asked was how early can you start   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Entrust Energy (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Burnett Specialists introduced me to Entrust Energy. My recruiter, Ms. Elpida, provided EE with all my credentials in order for them to make a decision on hiring. I loved the interview process due to the group being receptive to what I had to say regarding my skills, performance and what my role at Entrust Energy would consist of as well as my character around coworkers and dealing with customers.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I could be an animal, what animal would I choose?   1 Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Entrust Energy (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Very professional yet laid back. I felt very comfortable with the people interviewing me . They seemed like the cared about more than just my skills. They asked things like where are you from ?

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in Entrust within 3 years ?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Entrust Energy in October 2015.

Interview

When a position opens within your company, you must resist the temptation to fill it as quickly as possible – no matter how prepared you think you are or how desperate you might feel. If you hire in haste, you are likely to end up employing your neighbor’s nephew or some other randomly-related applicant that is perhaps not best suited for the position or for your company.

Instead, you should start the process by developing a well-defined job description. Compiling a job description will not only require you to carefully consider the position you seek to fill, but it also forces you to think about how the hire impacts other positions and if other job descriptions need to be redefined to make sure the whole group is operating efficiently. Make sure the job description includes not only the position’s responsibilities, but also the qualifications, qualities and experience you seek in an applicant.

A thorough job description will serve as a useful tool throughout the hiring process. It can help as you prepare an employment ad and as you develop a list of interview questions. Closely matching an applicant’s skills and experience to the job description ensures that you are zeroing in on the best candidate and – considering the litigious culture in which we live – it can also help prevent any potential claims of discrimination or unfairness. Lastly, a job description will be your best defense if you have to explain why you cannot hire the neighbor’s nephew. You have the luxury of being able to sincerely say that his skills didn’t match the job description.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Entrust Energy (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I emailed the company my resume and got a call a couple days later which we scheduled a one on one meeting. The supervisor that interviewed me was very profession and nice, during the interview I was given a tour around the office. I was offered a position and hired on that day. We continued with selecting the training start date. The training was for two weeks. (Paid training!)

Interview Questions

• What is one of your goals?   1 Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Entrust Energy in March 2015.

Interview

Went in with both eyes open. Some phone conversations plus several on site face to face with consultancy agent culminating with face to face with Entrust principals. On whole I'm not sure the whole agenda wasn't a grooming selection process (on the client's part) and something of an exit strategy (on the agent's part). The worst part of it was, I saw no reimbursement for parking, plus the gas to and from the downtown office for face-to-face. Notwithstanding the questionable ethics of the agendas going on.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were fairly run of the mill. Nothing terribly complex, and seemed to favor exercising critical thinking skills. Throughout the process the agency principal spun like a top; this from someone purportedly in a position of authority over the whole workflow.   1 Answer

Sales Support Specialist - Commercial Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Entrust Energy (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I have heard from a few different people that work at different energy providers that entrust will put a position out there and have the salary set pretty high so people from their competitors will apply. What they basically want to do is get information from the interviewee of their company's processes so they can mimic or do something related to gain customers here in Texas. I went in for an interview and was asked repeatedly about how my company's processes were and how we priced deals and she even asked to name some companies we priced for which I didn't not give her. I hear back a few days later that, they really liked me put thought that i was "not a good fit for their team". I honestly believe they have a team in place and really do just want competitor info.

Interview Questions

• Kept asking about our pricing and contracting processes and asked for names of clients for examples.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Entrust Energy.

Interview

Hiring is always done based on which executive you know. If you haven't worked with one of the executives before, you are most likely not going to get hired. Word of warning, this company has an established history of interviewing people for positions that don't exist. They ask you questions just to find out what is going on with the industry, get contacts, and get inside information about competitors.

Interview Questions

• The interviews are very informal and based on the executive that you are interviewing with. There is no standard structure. You will most likely have to interview with several people on the same day, so be prepared to be there a while.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If they are offering you the position, there is most likely no "Candidate #2". You are either replacing someone or they are in dire need to fill the position and it is going to be an overwhelming task once you are there. Get everything that you can get and get it in writing.