Entrust Energy Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.3
Layne Loessin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Excited Employee at Entrust Energy -E.Y."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Entrust Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its best to work for Entrust Energy because its so much room for opportunity and growth along with building relationships within each department. For a starting company, the structure of our Call Center and Management Team has potential to succeed while competing with other utility companies. We offer the very best competitive rates and educate our customers with detailed billing inquiries to explain TDU and PUC guidelines as well as their Rights as Customers.

Cons

The downside of working for Entrust Energy is that if you are not willing to accept change or updates, coaching, corrective criticism, or if you are unable to take ownership for you/or company errors this is not the career for you. No company is perfect but yet they are willing to accept the flaws/errors of their employees, in return that you retain the needed information to succeed while educating customers while assisting with accounts.

Advice to Management

Our Management team is/are what I like to call 'Family'. Entrust Energy management team has showed me that they understand that we are all human and are willing to work with you as long as you do your part. My advice is to keep succeeding, I believe we will be one of the top retail electric providers in our region once we have the staff who has the very same vision to where Entrust Energy is trying to go as far as goals and the competitors offering the very same thing. I appreciate our Team, it is a working progress and the key is to keep going strong no matter what.

2. "Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Entrust Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Progressive company with very smart people

Cons

policies and procedures constantly change

Advice to Management

hire some more senior change management or operations management people

3. "Not what was promised"

Pros

There really isn't anything good there

Cons

No structure, lack of direction but many people bossing you around. Was only there for a short time but was asked several times for employee referrals

Advice to Management

Get real managers and stop Hiring people to fire

4. "Great company to work for !"

I have been working at Entrust Energy full-time

Pros

Fun work environment and a strong management team. Commitment to improve work/life balance.

Cons

Retail Energy Providers can be a very competitive industry.

5. "Challenging Yet Rewarding"

I have been working at Entrust Energy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, encourages you to work hard for your fellow teammates while having a lot of fun. As a result the business keeps improving and it's tremendously rewarding to be able to put your "hand print" on the positive change.

Cons

Some teams work harder than others which can be frustrating at times. It's getting better though.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

6. "Dont do it"

Current Employee - Energy Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Energy Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Entrust Energy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You work your own hours. Get paid every Friday.

Cons

Have to keep up with your own sales and bonus because come payday you have missing sales, managers aren't going to tell you. They will pocket money if you never say anything. You have 65 days chargeback period. You can only do so much to help the consumer save money but if someone comes behind you and gives them a lower rate and buys out their contract , they will switch and you will get hit with a chargeback on your next paycheck.

Advice to Management

Stop holding peoples check just because you get into an argument with them. Its not right. People have bills to pay.

Entrust Energy Response

Apr 19, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

We hope prior to your departure you enjoyed your time at Entrust Energy, and thank you for working with us. Staying with a company for over five years indicates you were treated with respect and... More

7. "Work Hard, Play Hard"

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in McKinney, TX
    Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in McKinney, TX

I have been working at Entrust Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at the "big" energy companies and one thing that I love about working at Entrust Energy is how casual the office environment is. It's an open environment where the executive team, management, and team members are all able to communicate freely with each other.

Cons

Although Entrust has only been around for 6 years, it has a lot of experience from the team members.

Advice to Management

Continue to be visible and seen on the floor as a sign of support!

8. "Collection Analyst"

Current Employee - Collections in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Collections in Houston, TX

I have been working at Entrust Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pros with Entrust Energy is you are able to grow with this company.
    We are able to know the top people in the company and they actually know our names.

Cons

There is no cons with Entrust

9. "Awesome Company!"

Current Employee - Collections Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Collections Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Entrust Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Entrust provides everyone the opportunity to learn, progress and contribute to the organization. We have monthly meetings with the CEO to keep us updated with the companies progress. It is a teamwork-oriented environment. Before working at Entrust Energy I was not a people person. My customer care skills have grown over the past years. Thank you!

Cons

There are no cons !

10. "I LOVE MY JOB!!!!"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Entrust Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Entrust Energy has been the best career choice I've made in years, and I am very lucky to be part of this organization!! We are actively empowered by the leadership team to shape our company's future, and they genuinely care about our professional development/growth . It's very refreshing to see an employer so committed to their employees and their success. Our crowd is young but very professional, and we are all like a big family. If I had to summarize the company in three words, I would describe it as: Empowering, Unconventional, Fun.

Cons

Despite being a relatively young company here in the US, Entrust Energy has all the tools - in my opinion - to become the nation's top place to work within the next 5 years (if not sooner). That said, no company is perfect, and where automation falls short in certain areas of the business, our internal teams are quick to identify those challenges and rise up to address them accordingly.