Environmental Protection Agency Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2017

2.8

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environmental Protection Agency (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

Supposed to do face-to-face interview, so I went to the Interview location, but phone interview was done instead at last minute, which was unexpected. It was kinda hard to find the interview location in DC. So, it would be wise to go early and prepare for the expected.....

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Interview

First, PI has conducted my telephonic interview where I was asked questions about my PhD research. Then I was invited to give a power point presentation which was attended by most of principal investigators. The questions were based on how I conducted research, what was novelty in my approach.

Interview Questions

• About my PhD research work   1 Answer

Life Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Environmental Protection Agency (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online. A few weeks later I got contacted by the hiring manager for a phone or in person interview. Since I was not a local applicant, I could not travel to the office so I conducted the interview via telephone. The interview lasted about 25 minutes and consisted of some questions about my work experience and understanding of the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe your background and how it relates to the position   Answer Question

Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Environmental Protection Agency (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I was selected by OPM as the top candidate, then the local HR office had me disqualified as a Engineer to give the job to a intern they had on staff for a year.

Interview Questions

• I presented a 30 minute presentation highlighting my 12 years of experience in the field and five applicable degrees to the position   Answer Question

Environmental Protection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Environmental Protection Agency (Colorado Springs, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

I received an email about the request for an interview for the Pathways Program (Recent Graduates) Environmental Protection Specialist postion where I was given the option of interview times available, and I picked one. On the day of, there were 3 people interviewing me via telephone for a first interview. They were all friendly and introduced themselves to me as to who they were and what their job titles were within the EPA. The interview lasted about 25 minutes and they all took turns asking me situational type questions. Have you ever...or what would you do..or how did you overcome a certain situation in the past? Each time, they would ask clarifying questions if need be and then take a minute to write things down. After they asked about 9 questions and let me answer, they let me ask a few questions. Overall, it was a difficult interview for me being that I was on the phone and I was essentially being timed. I think they were just trying to find out my morals and character. This was on 09/07/16, and I was told I should here something late this week 9/16/16 if I was chosen for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever jumped into something not knowing what you were getting yourself into? How did you handle it? How did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Environmental Protection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environmental Protection Agency (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied using my Noncompetitive Eligibility status for federal hire from Peace Corps service. Got an initial phone interview with 5 division reps and a supervisor. They explained the process and introduced themselves. Very structured phone interview, lasted about 25 minutes. Mix of hypothetical and experiential questions. They did not want to receive questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the ideal candidate for Region 9 office?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to explain a highly technical concept to an audience that is not familiar with it? how did you do it?   Answer Question
    • Have you worked in an environment in which you were surrounded by a lot of conflict? Explain how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • If you're working on a project that is due Monday and it is Friday and you realize that half your team members are behind on their parts, what do you do? you may use personal experience or address it hypothetically.   Answer Question

Timing was off, as I still had to finish my masters degree.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Environmental Protection Agency (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

From closing of announcement to referrals being issued was a 2 month wait. Approximately one month later, I was called for an interview. The interview was fairly typical in questions. It was a 4 member panel with each asking 3 technical questions. It was an overall good experience and the interviewers were friendly and personable.

Epidemiologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Environmental Protection Agency (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

An introvert's dream - a list of questions was provided in advance. I was to prepare 20 minutes of uninterrupted presentation answering the written question. Panel phone interview with 5 staff and 2 managers followed by job talk about my research by skype, Written test with a set of chemical-specific papers, panel skype interview

Interview Questions

• Describe how your experience, education and/or training applies to the field of epidemiology and human health risk assessment?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Environmental Protection Agency.

Interview

Applied for a mechanical engineer position found at www.usajobs.gov.
    Had an group interview with four management level federal employees after HR contacted me after evaluating my credentials.
    It was a bit odd that there were no non-management level technical members participating in the interview. Besides, they did not ask me to provide technical presentation, either for a technical position. The in-person interview process was just checking a few facts on the resume, plus some Q&A's about the opening.
    Only after my multiple inquiries, the HR informed me that I was not selected. No other feedbacks.
    I found the overall process lacked transparency.

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Environmental Protection Agency.

Interview

Phone interview, spoke with a career attorney and a fellowship attorney. The fellowship attorney said almost nothing, but described his experience and how he got into the job. The career attorney had more to say about the job and the process.

Interview Questions

• standard government interview for attorneys. Nothing substantive.   Answer Question