Enviva Interview Questions

Updated Oct 6, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 22 of over 22 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Enviva

Enviva

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enviva

Interview

I was initially approached by a recruiter who I completed a quick call with. Eventually I was invited to an interview with the hiring manager, and lastly, an interview with the hiring manager plus the rest of the team. I don't recall the interview questions being particularly hard, but they did have a strong emphasis on willingness to travel... I clarified the number on the job description (80% travel), and they confirmed that the position would be mostly traveling, with occasional periods at home. I asked if I at least expect to be home on the weekends, and they couldn't confirm that. The interviewers also mentioned that this was not a good position for someone who was also studying on the side or planning to start a family soon.

Interview Questions
  • What counts as an OSHA recordable injury?
    1 Answer
1 person found this interview helpful

Enviva

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Enviva in Jul 2021

Interview

Why it is so difficult for companies to effectively communicate the full way through? I did three rounds of interviews with Enviva (it was down to me and one other person) and they just left me hanging. It's obvious they went with the other person but is it really that hard to let me know? Or respond to my thank you email?

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Enviva

Application

I interviewed at Enviva

Interview

Web interview each 30 minutes with multiple different people from the plant, HR, Engineering manager, Plant manager, Director of OPs. Then brought onsite for an in person interview and plant tour.

Interview Questions
  • What was my role in the projects that were listed on my resume.

Enviva

Application

I interviewed at Enviva

Interview

Great recognition of ability against role. They recognized that there was a potential to utilize me in other areas. They showed great interest in what I had to say. Good experience overall.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Faisons, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enviva (Faisons, NC) in Oct 2020

Interview

I interviewed with enviva, though I was more than qualified they waisted my time. They told me to call on a Friday I did Fri sat mon Tues wed Thurs , they never answered my calls they never even returned my calls . I was sure the job was mine as the interview went well but I can't set by the phone without knowing anything 25 years in industrial maintenance, and every crew I've been on was short handed and this is why ,cooperate people that don't, return calls or even answer the phone. Though the questions I was ask easy questions it was obvious the individual making the query wasn't a mechanic and didn't know any more than he had read from his desk. Pillar block bearings come in many sizes , this is day one info he was in aware of.

Interview Questions
  • Walk me through the process of replacing a pillar block bearing. ( He gave no size no info beyond ) he clearly had one particular bearing in mind yet was unable to articulate any specific pillar block bearing. Some fit in you hand some wouldn't fit in my truck. He was ignorant to this .
  • Explain how to regrease a bearing
  • What do you know about EDM technology.

Enviva

Application

I interviewed at Enviva

Interview

Typical interview process with questions about work history and a demonstration of ability. Process can be somewhat long and depending on the role prepare to go through quite a few phases of interviewing.

Interview Questions
  • How have you handled uncooperative team members in the past?

Anonymous Employee in Cottondale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Enviva (Cottondale, FL) in Apr 2020

Interview

Applied online via their job posting site and received an email asking for a phone screening. After the phone screening, I had another phone interview with a manager and a video conference with three supervisors.

Interview Questions
  • What experience in operations do you bring to the table?
  • Why did you apply for this job?

Enviva

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enviva in Apr 2020

Interview

Involved 2 rounds - HR and Technical. Obviously coming from school, they only look for knowledge and skills. Have exceptional communication skills and willing to travel 25% of the time. I was lucky to have a manager who helped me work in my area of interest.

Interview Questions
  • General HR Questions - How passionate are you and what's your goal? Technical - Asked about my experience in my previous internships and my achievements.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamlet, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Enviva (Hamlet, NC)

Interview

The overall interview schedule was a mess and disorganized. I received a schedule prior to my interview that we did not follow almost at all. I had two in person interviews and two Skype interviews. The in person interviews and the tour went pretty well but the interviewers on Skype seemed unprofessional and disengaged with me. I received a follow up email with comments made by these interviewers that were fairly unprofessional. Most interview questions were fairly basic, they mostly asked questions from my resume.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about the project you were most proud of to complete?

Enviva

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Enviva in Mar 2020

Interview

The phone screen was very relaxed and employer seemed to want to get a feel for my personality and communication skills. I spoke about the different projects I’ve completed during my previous job and the employer also explained the process of how Enviva produces their products.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 22 Interviews