Cover image for Enviva

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Enviva Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 25 of over 25 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Enviva

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Enviva (Raleigh, NC) in Jun 2022

Interview

I applied on indeed then had a phone screen with the hiring manager then was invited to a panel interview with 4 different people from different departments. The first was the hiring manager again virtually then virtually with an HR director then with the current office manager and finally virtually with the HR Partner. Everyone was professional for the most part the HR Partner was very condescending towards me which just didn’t seem necessary. I think she might have been nervous because she just had started her position. I was shocked that after spending my time going through a four person panel interview that no one could take time to send me a rejection email. I was ghosted by this company. I definitely believe I dodged a bullet though by not moving forward with them.

Interview Questions
  • They were all basic interview questions nothing stood out.
    1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enviva (Greenwood, SC)

Interview

It was a great interview. They were very respectful of my time and made sure that the work was going to be something I would enjoy. At each stage of the interview, it felt like a normal conversation.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke Rapids, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Enviva (Roanoke Rapids, NC)

Interview

A bit repetitive. Spoke to 7-8 people who all asked the same questions. I understand the need for extensive vetting given the pay range they offer, but they could improve the process via better organization of their interviewing process (ex: who asks what questions). Otherwise they were welcoming and warmly professional.

Interview Questions
  • Please describe a difficult scenario you faced as your current role's site HR manager, and describe how you handled it?

Enviva

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enviva

Interview

The hiring team made everything very easy and explained in detail the position and the expectations. Everyone was very welcoming and the location is incredible. The team was responsive and didn’t let me waiting or ghosted me.

Interview Questions
  • How do you keep organized and what kind of management do you like?

Enviva

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enviva

Interview

I was initially approached by a recruiter who I completed a quick call with. Eventually I was invited to an interview with the hiring manager, and lastly, an interview with the hiring manager plus the rest of the team. I don't recall the interview questions being particularly hard, but they did have a strong emphasis on willingness to travel... I clarified the number on the job description (80% travel), and they confirmed that the position would be mostly traveling, with occasional periods at home. I asked if I at least expect to be home on the weekends, and they couldn't confirm that. The interviewers also mentioned that this was not a good position for someone who was also studying on the side or planning to start a family soon.

Interview Questions
  • What counts as an OSHA recordable injury?
2 people found this interview helpful

Enviva

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Enviva in Jul 2021

Interview

Why it is so difficult for companies to effectively communicate the full way through? I did three rounds of interviews with Enviva (it was down to me and one other person) and they just left me hanging. It's obvious they went with the other person but is it really that hard to let me know? Or respond to my thank you email?

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Enviva

Application

I interviewed at Enviva

Interview

Web interview each 30 minutes with multiple different people from the plant, HR, Engineering manager, Plant manager, Director of OPs. Then brought onsite for an in person interview and plant tour.

Interview Questions
  • What was my role in the projects that were listed on my resume.

Enviva

Application

I interviewed at Enviva

Interview

Great recognition of ability against role. They recognized that there was a potential to utilize me in other areas. They showed great interest in what I had to say. Good experience overall.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Faisons, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enviva (Faisons, NC) in Oct 2020

Interview

I interviewed with enviva, though I was more than qualified they waisted my time. They told me to call on a Friday I did Fri sat mon Tues wed Thurs , they never answered my calls they never even returned my calls . I was sure the job was mine as the interview went well but I can't set by the phone without knowing anything 25 years in industrial maintenance, and every crew I've been on was short handed and this is why ,cooperate people that don't, return calls or even answer the phone. Though the questions I was ask easy questions it was obvious the individual making the query wasn't a mechanic and didn't know any more than he had read from his desk. Pillar block bearings come in many sizes , this is day one info he was in aware of.

Interview Questions
  • Walk me through the process of replacing a pillar block bearing. ( He gave no size no info beyond ) he clearly had one particular bearing in mind yet was unable to articulate any specific pillar block bearing. Some fit in you hand some wouldn't fit in my truck. He was ignorant to this .
  • Explain how to regrease a bearing
  • What do you know about EDM technology.

Enviva

Application

I interviewed at Enviva

Interview

Typical interview process with questions about work history and a demonstration of ability. Process can be somewhat long and depending on the role prepare to go through quite a few phases of interviewing.

Interview Questions
  • How have you handled uncooperative team members in the past?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 Interviews

Enviva Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Enviva as 48.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.68 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Project Manager and Office Manager rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for EHS and Process Improvement & Reliability Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Enviva takes an average of 26 days when considering 28 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for EHS had the quickest hiring process (on average 14 days), whereas Talent Acquisition Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 30 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Enviva according to 28 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 28.38%