Ercot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 10, 2017

2.8

Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ercot (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email a couple of months later for a 30 min phone screening with HR with typical HR questions. That was followed quickly by another 30 min call with the engineer in charge of the program. He asked me to describe chunks of my resume with very little input from his side. Made me feel like he wasn't very interested, which was probably true because I never heard from them again...

Settlements Metering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ercot.

Interview

I interviewed with two people and they just asked me what I was looking for really and a couple of behavioral questions. Then, they explained to me a majority of stuff that I would do and made sure that I understood that the role would not be extremely technical and would involve a lot of paperwork. It was a good experience and talk.

Interview Questions

• Basically, they asked about a time where I had to pay attention to the details.   1 Answer

Engineer Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ercot in September 2016.

Interview

Met with representative at university career fair. Interview process was handled over the phone. The first interview was with HR, the second is with the head of the EDP program, and after that is an onsite interview. The second interview is where they start to dig in more. Behavioral questions and questions about your resume.

Interview Questions

• You have multiple projects due by the end of the day and there is no way you can finish them all. What would you do and how would you explain your inability to finish them to your superior?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Interview

Formal and informal. Have a good understanding of your resume. Prepare to show teamwork experience. Interview depends upon which group you are applying for. IT interviews will have both individual and panel interviews.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions. How would you handle conflicts etc.   Answer Question

Engineering Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ercot.

Interview

brought on site, started out with filling out a questionnaire. Next hour was spent in a room with five managers going over technical and behavioral questions. After that was an hour with five other managers doing the same thing. Current EDP members took us out to lunch. Then came back and toured the facility.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions focused on knowledge of power and distribution design. Behavioral asked how you handle conflict, what you're like in a team   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ercot.

Interview

HR called first, they are nice, ask about school, major, degree, and some basic interview questions, and introduce the company. For the position of internship, they will ask you some basic questions about tech. If they considered necessary of on-site, they will contact you later

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ercot in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online through their website. I was contacted for a phone interview a few days later. Did the phone interview which lasted maybe 20 minutes. The next day I was offered a internship.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taylor, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ercot (Taylor, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

From out of state so everything was done over the phone. Spoke with three managers in a group/panel style interview. Once I received my offer a background check and drug test were done prior to accepting the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you found yourself and a colleague having a disagreement?   Answer Question

Planning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylor, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Ercot (Taylor, TX).

Interview

Don't waste your time and don't put hopes even if the recruiter is giving you hope. I had a phone screen interview followed by an on-site interview. The interview went very smooth and all indications gave me strong impression the job is mine. The recruiter kept calling me once a week to make sure I am still available and still interested in the job. After 3 or 4 weeks of this weekly flow up from their side. I didn't get the job.

This is not the end of the story, after about 8 months they contacted me out of the blue suggesting a position and they even suggested the salary, they talked as if it were an offer, and after I accepted their "offer" I kept waiting and waiting again and receiving similar follow up e-mails from them, I got nothing again. This time I couldn't wait for them any further as I received another offer from a really serious employer.

ERCOT hiring managers need to learn that applicants have lives and they won't put their lives on hold for long time.

Their location is away from any civilization anyway, just surrounded with cotton fields.

Interview Questions

• nothing was difficult, the interview was a piece of cake.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer, Transmission Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ercot (Lexington, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

asked some simple question regarding visa, salary. whether you used any power software including pss/e, aspen power world or promod. and thenasked qustions about transmission planning, the process took about 30 mins. it's not that difficult