Escents Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Escents Interview Questions

Interviews at Escents

1.8

Head Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Escents (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

You have the qualifications and experience of people we want to employ and have work for us. And you want to work for us, great. They have extremely high turnover of staff both at head office and at retail level. There will never be improvement as long as Jacqui MacNeill remains in charge.

Interview Questions

• Describe previous experience in an Entrepreneurial Environment, because that's Escents   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Escents (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted for a phone interview which was less than professional. I was later asked to come in for a one on one interview. The interview went smoothly and and I had high hopes for this job and the company. I was later contacted by the district manager for another interview. At this point I was getting a bit irritable. She wanted to make sure that I would be capable of upping the sales within the store because the store wasn't meeting goal. Little did she know the reason was not that the employees werent doing their job, but that the shop is in an awful location in the mall and gets very little traffic. Eventually they hired me and got my paperwork done.

Interview Questions

• In short, they asked me why they should hire me and what I could bring to the table.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Escents (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Very Lengthy, Drawing on for many months as the store opening was continually pushed back or various employees who interviewed were eliminated from the company. While I was looking for stability this seemed to not be available at Escents, on more than one occasion the management teams had turnover which resulted in approx. 4 interviews for a management role that was not comparable to other job offers in the area with the same title. Store openings had been pushed back nearly missing all prime sales times.

Interview Questions

• What advice would you give Escents entering into this emerging market?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coquitlam, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Escents (Coquitlam, BC (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Handed in my resume and cover letter for a seasonal position. Manager called back within the day, setting up an interview two days later. Interview was professional but friendly. Not intimidating.

Interview Questions

• How would your friends describe you?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Escents.

Interview

Very much your average interview for a minimum wage job. Sylvia was lovely and asked straightforward and clear questions, they aren't trying to trick you. We met near the store and we were done within half an hour. It was clear from the interview that I was going to receive an offer and was called the next day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time (in a previous job) when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Escents (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I went in the store and dropped off my resume. I received a phone interview after 3-4 days and after clearing phone interview, I was immediately asked to meet for in person interview after a week. I was offered employment right after the interview provided I cleared my references and backcheck. Entire process too less than 2 weeks process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself.
      Why do you think you would be good at this position?
      What do you know about Escents?
      Explain a time when you encountered difficult customer,
      Tell me about the time when you went above and beyond to help a customer.
      Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with your coworker.
      Have you ever been pressurized to do something that is against the policy? How did you handle it?
      How would be you tell your coworker if he/she is giving wrong information to the customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Escents (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2018.

Interview

Most unprofessional interview ever. I was told to bring a resume, and then after receiving it the manager said that a resume is irrelevant and didn't matter, and she did not even bother looking at it. The interview lasted about one minute in which I was asked irrelevant questions, and then immediately told I was hired. My fear is that if I was hired this easily, how is the company ensuring that they hire the best employees.

Interview Questions

• How many siblings do you have?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Escents (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

Typical interview for retail. It was cool how they offered me a starbucks before the interview started.
    Asked typical questions that retail managers ask during interview. They were adamant about getting in contact with my references so make sure you have those, although I wouldn't advise to even apply for such an awful company.

Interview Questions

• 1.Why do you want to work for Escents?
      2.What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

N/A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Escents (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

There was no interview. The manager just looked at my resume and hired me. Since there is very high turnover due to their bullying the bar is set very low.
    They don't train properly and they will lie about the ingredients which are not all natural.

Aromatherapy Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Escents (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was with the store manager and district manager. Felt very casual and didn't ask very hard questions. Casual conversation flowed.
    At the end of the interview they discussed your good qualities or what you should work on. Very typical interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Escents?   1 Answer