Esprit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Esprit Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Esprit.

Interview

Walk in and filled out application with the store manager. They reviewed it and then called me a few days later. Went to a group interview then and 1 on 1 interview and got hired the next day via phone call.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in a previous job to help a unhappy customer   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Esprit.

Interview

Submitted a written application in store. Contacted for an interview about a week later. Had a short basic interview. Within the next few days, I was told I was hired.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Initial communications were professional, respectful of me as a potential candidate (among many possible ones), and prompt. The interview process was equally professional and was not done in a rushed or impersonal manner. It was evident that they cared that the person they hired would get along well with his/her colleagues, would take pride in his/her work and meet all expectations for professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Role play on the sales floor where I had to do my best to engage the manager and persuade her to buy an outfit.   Answer Question

Payroll Coordinator Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Esprit (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Met with two separate people, the group head and the woman I would actually be the assistant to. The Group Head was very professional, asked typical questions. This part went fine, we talked for about half an hour. The woman I was to assist spent an hour and a half with me, in which I probably only spoke for 20-30 minutes. Something about me clearly bothered her, because she kept going on and on about how great she is at her job, as if trying to prove something to me. She also called me out on wearing heels 2-3 times in a very condescending tone. I'm sorry, it's an interview, aren't you supposed to wear heels?? Especially when interviewing for a fashion company? They weren't outlandish either, they were nude pumps...Was relieved I did not get an offer, it would not have worked out well for me to work directly with this awful woman.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever had to deal with a difficult coworker before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Esprit (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Met with the assistant manager. Super nice but sharp! Asked some personable questions about my background and we made some small talk. Then we discussed my previous retail and customer service experience.

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Esprit (Danbury, CT) in June 2010.

Interview

The store manager took me to the back room and asked me a bunch of questions. I answered them to my best ability and at the end she said thank you we will call you in a few days. Then I got called and got offered the position.

E-Commerce Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ratingen (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Esprit (Ratingen (Germany)) in January 2017.

Interview

The first step was to create a presentation, which I successfully passed to the interview phase.
    After a first email saying how I could go to the Headquarters for the interview, a first chance of heart and my interview should be done via Skype.
    Then, interview got cancelled and a new email was sent around 2 weeks later rescheduling it.
    On the day of the interview, I receive an email saying they were sorry but the position was filled internally, without the recruiters knowledge. No phone call or a more personal email, just a general email saying I would be part of their system for the 12 months, in case a new position came up. I have never seen such a lack of respect in a process.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Esprit.

Interview

very easy interview
    standard questions about your background and job history
    very few situational questions
    if you interview in the store you may be asked to try and sell something to the manager on the spot but overall they just want to know that you can make sales targets so if you have previous experience with that definitely mention that in the interview

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Esprit (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

I dropped my resume in person. Got contacted for an interview about 2 weeks later. They asked me simple questions, and gave me hiring package after. I filled it out and gave it to them the day after, and they asked me for the references. On the following Saturday, I was contacted by my manager that the regional manager declined to hire me.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Esprit (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2012.

Interview

Paper stage (online)-> Group Interview-> 1:1 interview with area manager -> reference check -> offer. Was quite laid back, the HR person was very helpful and always kept you updated. Questions were not too hard as long as you prepared for them and did you homework.

Better offer elsewhere.