Ethicon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ethicon Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.8

Quality Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ethicon.

Interview

long interview, three interviewers every hour for continuous five hours and group lunch. exhausting but got the offer. all questions were based on STAR model. There were no females in the upper management or middle management across the site management. it was a man's world there.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the most difficult question but they were all open ended questions. follow STAR model and prepare ahead of time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

salary was good, benefits were good. management was nothing but a revolving door.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ethicon.

Interview

There were two interviewers and it was an overall enjoyable experience. It was a behavioral interview with no technical questions and the questions were fairly typical behavioral questions. The interview wasn't particularly long and both of the interviewers were very engaging throughout the interview.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your most rewarding experience as a student.   Answer Question

Engineering Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ethicon (West Lafayette, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

I met them at a job fair and set up an interview for the next day. There were two interviewers and it was an overall enjoyable experience. It was a mix of technical and behavioral questions. Nothing too difficult. I received a phone call and then an email with an offer letter the following week.

Senior Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ethicon (Somerville, NJ).

Interview

I applied on line and was contacted within 2 weeks by a JnJ HR Manager. I had a total of 5 phone interviews over a two week period that lasted anywhere from 40 mins to an hour each. 1 was with HR, the hiring manager and 3 Others at the director/Sr director level. The questions varied to basics walk me thru your resume to visionary questions like "how can a company that lacks a good s&op process best manage slob inventory?" All in all the interviews were more like an in depth conversation and not just a series of questions.
    After the phone interviews I was invited to come onsite for a face to face interview within 3 days of the last phone interview. I met virtually with the hiring manager and another manager in a similar role I was interviewing for and face to face with a director that was promoted from the job I was applying to. I had to present a case study that they emailed to me two days prior to the interview after the presentation I was asked a series of questions about my presentation. Post on-site interview I didn't hear anything from HR so I reached out after two weeks and was advised thy chose a different candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me three things people you've managed love about you? And three things they don't care for.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you failed?   Answer Question
    • What's more important cost or service?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ethicon (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

First came about a 2 hour long phone interview, which went very well. I then was directed to who would become my immediate boss, and that interview was difficult to gauge how well it went. The interview with the immediate boss was very quick, roughly 15min, dry. When I met everyone in person for the final interview, they were very warm and welcoming, and completely changed my view on the company.

Interview Questions

• If you walked into work and had 50 emails, a major project deadline nearing, a meeting, and a problem with a coworker, how would you prioritize each task and why.   1 Answer

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ethicon (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

Easy and very friendly. Asking some basic behavior question, but still need to prepare for technique question as well. Sometime they will take you to the tour, but sometime not. The tour will be very fun to see how they actually work

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ethicon (Irvine, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

3 hours, 1 hour technical, 2 hours leadership as J&J defines it. Three were candidates rotated between three interview rooms, two interviewers per room. Very awkward. The phone interview was also two people, again stressing the role as liason between mfg and R&D. The position was described repeatedly as liason but not terribly technical yet technical questions were extremely specific. Leadership questions asked were unrelated to the position. Halfway through the interview I was struck at how disengaged the standard questions were. I wondered why they called me in. 3.5 hours of curious stress.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mayaguez, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ethicon (Mayaguez, PR) in September 2015.

Interview

Got a call telling me when and where to interview and then an email for confirmation. Interview was at my University Campus. Very straight forward process. One person always. Later, about a week later, I got a call with an offer. They were very fast in the hiring process and asking for documents and such. It was in all about a month long process.

Interview Questions

• Very easy questions. Tell me about yourself. Why are you interested in our company? Do you know about what we do? About our credo? Why should we hire you? What are your strong points? Obligatory, tell me about an issue you had with someone and how did you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't need to negotiate.

R&D Device Design Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ethicon (Troy, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online on my university's job link page. Then I met one of the engineers at my university's career fair. Right after the career fair, I actually had a in-person 1 on 1 interview. They called me back like a month later saying that they'd like to send an offer. They wanted my verbal commitment and then they sent the actual offer via email.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about your research experience (on my resume)
      2. How did you go about coming up with a solution for that project?
      3. (The engineer handed me a laparoscopic needle driver) Tell me how this device works. Draw me a picture of the internal mechanisms
      4. What are your 3 technical strengths and weaknesses?
      5. Who do you look up to?
      6. If you were a candy what would you be and why? (I think the engineer wanted to know my personality with this one)
      Answer Question

Territory Account Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ethicon (San Jose, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was emailed by a sourcer through Linkedin about the Territory Account Leader position. While I was not actively looking, the role sounded intriguing so I replied with interest to learn more about the opening. The person who had contacted me provided the lead recruiter's information to set up a phone interview. I emailed the recruiter and did not get a response so I followed up 3 days later. I finally received an email back and we scheduled a call for the following day. I waited for 30 minutes past our scheduled time and never heard from them. Later that afternoon I sent another follow up email in an effort to reschedule a call; I still have yet to hear back. I am extremely disappointed in the lack of professionalism shown here. If a recruiting team sources a passive candidate about an opportunity, they should have the courtesy of at least following up and tying off loose ends and not leave the person hanging (especially in regards to a sales position). I was actually really excited because I am familiar with the company and the industry. I come from 15 years of sales experience and am also a certified surgical technician. Truly disappointing....best of luck in your search to fill this role.