European Space Agency Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

European Space Agency Interview Questions

Updated Dec 14, 2017

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at European Space Agency.

Interview

3 phases of intense selection. 1) your CV and cover letter. 2) a Skype call, different for each YGT position. Most questions came out of left field and I had to improve (it wasn't technical). 3) face-to-face interview, about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the future of your field?
      If you had to start one project with us tomorrow, with unlimited resources, what would it be?   Answer Question

YGT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at European Space Agency.

Interview

First round of interviews with ESA takes place online, as an automated interview, lasting around 15 minutes. There is some time available to read the question, then 1-2 minutes to present your answer. Should you be accepted, you will be invited for a second round, in person, at the station for which you have applied.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest regret so far?   1 Answer

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at European Space Agency (Athens (Greece)) in February 2017.

Interview

I spoke via skype call with my supervisor and another person from the team project. They were very friendly and the duration of the call was about 20 minutes. Only non technical question focusing on my personality and ability to organise my time. The whole proceedure took about 3 months from the deadline.

Interview Questions

• -Why am i applying to ESA
      -What do I know about ESA
      -How do I manage to work and study at university
        at the same time
      -How would i spend my time at work if i finish
       earlier my deadlines
      -How i organise my time
      -How would i handle a situation when supervisor
       is not available (for instance he/she is abroad at a
       conference)   Answer Question

ESA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at European Space Agency (Madrid (Spain)) in February 2017.

Interview

In my case the interview was done via Skype, as we were not in the same city and they do not provide economic help for transportation.
    Very relaxed interview with few technical content and more about experience regarding the project tools and interest in space. In my case, as it was for a web tool they asked me only once about my experience with Javascript.
    Not the kind of (stupid in my opinion) questions like why do you want to work with us?

Young Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at European Space Agency (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in February 2017.

Interview

After the initial application, I was invited to a video call interview, then to an in-person interview. This second interview was in another country and expenses were covered by ESA. At the in person interview there was a cat at reception, and we had lunch with the other applicant before having a site tour.

Facilities Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at European Space Agency.

Interview

The interview was with 2 managers, it took an hour. There were not always standard questions, it was also focused at hands on experience and examples from my previous jobs (what I am proud of in my carreer, how did I react in some situations etc.). They tested me unexpectedly from Excel.

Interview Questions

• How did you rebuild this meeting room?
      What did you study-university, courses?   Answer Question

Interview

After an application, an employer has contacted me to present the mission and to know if I was interested, there were no technical questions. The person was very nice and passionned about the mission

Young Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Darmstadt (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at European Space Agency (Darmstadt (Germany)) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview consistes of 2 parts. First, there was a group excercise together with the other candidates (1 for the same position, others for parallel traineeships). Second was an interview with the manager.

Young Graduate Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at European Space Agency in February 2016.

Interview

Recorded Video Interview - record and submit time-limited answers to five typed questions using an agency's web tool. No face to face conversation. Odd way of conveying information about yourself and difficult to do in a 'genuine' way when simply recording yourself. Questions were straight forward but strong presentation of answers felt the most difficult part.

Interview Questions

• Two questions relative to the position applied for, two personal and some time allowed for any other comments   Answer Question

ESOC YGT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Darmstadt (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at European Space Agency (Darmstadt (Germany)) in April 2015.

Interview

The positions for the YGT are published in November of each year. If selected a telephone interview follows around February/march. This interview mainly focuses on the technical aspect of the position. The final round is at the job location, and includes group exercises and an second interview with the future supervisor.