European Wax Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

European Wax Center Interview Questions

Updated Feb 11, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at European Wax Center (Fredericksburg, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Arrived 15 minutes early. Was greeted by manager after initial interview time. Manager asked a few question about me. Then asked for my availability. I told her I was looking for Part time morning work and weekends were limited due to my husbands work schedule.
    They require FT waxers to work 2 opening shifts, 2 closing shifts and 1 saturday or sunday every week and PT waxers is 1 opening shift, 2 closing shifts and 1 saturday or sunday every week. When i told the manager that I have a seasonal job from April through June that would make me unavailable on the weekends she said that if I cant work weekends I'm not a good fit for their company and ended the interview right there.
    The other odd thing about the interview was she kept pushing that their busy times were in the evening so i could make more money if i worked evenings. I had to tell her multiple times I cant work evenings b/c my husband works evening and we have a small child and no childcare options.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at European Wax Center (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2017.

Interview

Got a ton of information on Company, expectations, work environment, pay and levels, and training process. Interview made me excited to possibly get the job. Made me want to sell myself for position.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for European Wax Center, Any Sales Experience, My Goals in my career.   Answer Question

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at European Wax Center (Arlington, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview went really well, and was offered the job 30 minutes after the interview! With great response and great feedback. After I quit my other job and days before my start date, I got a call from the regional manager letting me know she didn't like my availability and had hired someone else.

My biggest issue is that the lack of integrity in leadership is that of which they are willing to leave you without a job in a very expensive major city. That's a big deal breaker for me, I let them know I was not interested even if my availability changed.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you had a bad experience with a customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Doesn't matter any more bcus they withdrew their offer after I had quit my other job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Elgin, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at European Wax Center (South Elgin, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

They called set up appointment . Receptionist greeted me, she was very friendly.Fill out application when I arrived.Interview took 30 minutes . They had mangers talk with you in office.

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at European Wax Center (Folsom, CA).

Interview

First ther ewas a group interview and then there was a one on one. In the one on one it was very simple. Just your standard interview questions. WHy are you a good fit? Should we hire you? Strengths, weaknesses. They were very informative

Wax Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at European Wax Center.

Interview

The young lady interviewing me was clearly uncomfortable. She was reading off a paper and made little eye contact. There was no response to any of my answers to questions. It was all just very robotic from her part. I tried explaining things to her in detail with a wonderful attitude and she just seemed uninterested and just sais "ya" a lot.

Interview Questions

• What does a lifestyle brand mean to you?   Answer Question
    • She also said grab something out of your purse right now and sell it to me.   Answer Question

I felt like I couldnt work for someone that didnt know what they were doing.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at European Wax Center (San Antonio, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

EWC is franchised, so its different depending on which location you go to. But for me, but for me, it was very simple. You can get online or go in person to fill out the application. It's extremely brief, but you'll also need a resume. Obviously they're looking for licensed professionals, but also want applicants who are personable, adaptable and not afraid to do Brazilian waxing.

Waxing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at European Wax Center (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Easy interview, lovely manager, pay isn't the greatest but it's a good job to start and get experience. Definitely a job where you stay busy and most likely make good tips.

Guest Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bayside, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at European Wax Center (Bayside, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very easy and comfortable. We went into one of the vacant wax rooms and my interview was with the manager at the EWC. It was very casual and she mainly asked about my experiences and what the company had to offer me. Unfortunately it's been almost three weeks and I never got a call or email back telling me whether I got the job or not but assuming that since it has been three weeks I didn't get it.

GSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at European Wax Center (Lafayette, LA) in November 2016.

Interview

Two interviews, a phone interview and an in center interview. They asked about experience, if you knew anything about the company and waxing. They interview you in a wax suite and write down all of your answers. after the interview if you got the job they call rather quickly.