Evantage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Evantage

2.3

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Evantage (Dallas, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Interview process consists of three interviews. The first is an initial first round interview with the owner, which lasts about 15 minutes. Upon passing the initial interview, the candidate is then invited for a 2nd round interview, consisting of an all day ride along with a current employee to get a feel for a day in the life of the job. The candidate is still being evaluated at this time. The final interview consists of a debriefing of how the day went with the interviewee along with the evaluation by the employee with which the interviewee was assigned to the ride along, upon which a job offer may or may not be extended.

Interview Questions

• Would you say that you love to win or hate to lose?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Evantage (Plano, TX).

Interview

The interview process was not transparent. In reasonable terms, it's a third-party outdoor sales organization. For instance, the branch I went to in Plano, TX operates through AT&T, basically contacts people in-person that AT&T was unable to contact or solicit to after multiple attempts.

- Pay - 100% Comission. Bonus wise, employees are your competitors.

- Basic description - Plano, TX - Small leased office inside a commercial building, where other business offices are also leased. Besides the manager and secretary, employees work outdoors in their assigned territory in-town or nearby city. Degree not required for position. Young employees, 20s.

- Easy apply - Received a callback the next
    day to schedule an in-person interview

- Initial Interview - Inside office. The manager, seemed very personable and friendly, however I was given generalized descriptions, which seemed enticing, of the job details. I asked various questions about the position, but was ensured I would know more about the position after a job shadow because I was likely to go forward in the process.

- Job shadow - Full Day 12:00-8:00 PM 1) Employees method at the office to get their assignments, and view their rankings. I was paired with a veteran salesmen 2) Then, we carpooled with two other top salers. We drove to a nearby city, found our assigned neighborhood. 3) Each went to their assigned territory and I "shadowed" the veteran for his assignments. 4) Lunch was fast-food at my expense. 5) Was told to takeover the existing contacts after Lunch. 6) Day ended at 7:00 PM. 7) During the drive back to the office, I was asked about my interest. I told them I was not interested. 8) Back at office, the manager met with me, who sought out my personal opinion and if I would be in anyway interested in the future, then expressed that it was unfortunate to hear I wasn't.

Outdoors and longstanding/walking

Mar 18, 2015 – President

Thank you for time to review. I think you may have interviewed with a company we used to share office with. We for a short time did share office space with a company that worked those hours. We... More

Intern Interview

Interview

This place is an absolute scam. They never told me that it was going to be a direct selling position and that I would be placed in Walmart. Within five minutes the lady interviewing me dropped the F bomb. The business model of this company is if you close a number of sales then you get promoted. They gave me the wrong address to the Starbucks so I spent 30 minutes driving around trying to find this place only to find out that she gave me the wrong address.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Evantage (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was both great and disappointing. Everyone I talked with was incredibly friendly and pleasant including the owner. However, I didn't appreciate the way the position is decscribed online, and in the interviews. They make it out to sound like you will be doing marketing from the sense of content development, and maybe some promotional events. It turns out the position is spending your days in a Best Buy or some store alike selling TV/internet packages for AT&T and Time Warner. It's an entry level sales position.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview revolved around questions pertaining to my resume. Explain leadership experience, do you want to be in a leadership position, etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evantage (Irving, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

They made the job seem like a great opportunity but it was really just asking strangers to switch providers in Walmart. After like a two hour interview they made me walk up to strangers in Walmart and make they tell me about their provider. It was a total waste of time and I would not recommend to anyone.

Interview Questions

• Three people I would like to have dinner with, dead or alive.   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Interview

This was a complete sham, please everyone take caution and read everything about this company from other people. I talked to a lady to set up an interview and she lied to me for 45 minutes about them looking for a creative person for this position. Sham, sham, sham.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Evantage (Plano, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Immediate response to resume. 1st interview was over phone. Fairly easy interview. Really trying to make sure you are a good fit for the company and your personality matches. Second interview was more of the same- on site. Professional attire. Did good job of showing what the enviroment is like. But a poor job of actually describing what you would be doing and selling. The ad is very misleading, claiming to be a sports marketing firm. In actuality, you sell at&t door to door to businesses. Be sure to find out how far away some of the territories can be. Calculate that into your decision making.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I attempted to negotiate compensation, and was flat out declined. The usual sales pitch stating that you can make as much as you put into it.

Mar 18, 2015 – President

Thank you for taking time to review your interview process. We appreciate your time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Evantage (Plano, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I got a call offering me an interview at their office in Plano. I was told that I would meet with the manager, Anthony, for the first round. I met with him and he seemed nice enough, I guess. He said that I made it to the next round of interviews which would be held the next day at the office. I was told that this round would entail going over company specifics and format, and also some training for 2 hours. Then I would receive a phone call interviewing me about my experience and a possible job offer.

Initially, I believed that this "training" would take place in the same office as my first interview. Not so. We started out in the office, but I was not told until I was in the car and on the road with my "Training Manager" that we were headed to WALMART to sell cable to random customers in the store! I was under the impression this job would be in an office or perhaps an AT&T store. I was so shocked I didn't know what to do. Here I was, dressed in a business suit watching a stranger try and sell things to unwilling Walmart shoppers! No one wants to sign up for DirecTV while they are shopping for groceries in Walmart! People know where to go and who to call if they want cable and internet.

It got much worse, though. During this "interview" and training session" customers kept blowing off the man I was with. And, at one point, the Walmart store manager came up to us and asked to speak with Evantage's boss because the store kept getting customer complaints about the salespeople, and even had to ask Evantage employees to leave in the past. This was during my interview! I could tell the Store Manager was fed up with this company being in his store and harassing customers. I was ashamed that he even thought I worked for this company. Needless to say, I had already developed a negative outlook on this company after being lied to about the job position and description, interview, AND interview location. Not misled, straight-up LIED TO!

And to make things even worse, during this "interview" my interviewer/training manager kept hitting on me and coming on to me, and asking personal questions, and telling me personal things about his life! I cannot make this stuff up! I was in absolute shock! To be hit on by a man I didn't know at all, AND who had LIED to me and taken me to a strange town! Absolutely unprofessional, rude, and creepy! I highly doubt Evantage performs background checks on its employees.

When he asked if I wanted the job, I said no. He then said that I would be offered the job no matter what because they needed people. I was pissed off and mortified that I even dealt with this company and had been lied to. I drove over an hour both days for those interviews for this! I wasn't even home yet from this disastrous interview, when I received my "3rd Interview" phone call. Anthony (the boss of my training manager) called my phone 2 times. I didn't answer. I was so angry and humiliated!

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY! IT IS SO DECEPTIVE AND UNPROFESSIONAL!

Interview Questions

I declined because I was lied to about the job description, taken to a place miles away from the company's office for an "interview", and this company's shady sales approach. Not to mention the company was complained about by a Walmart Store Manager during my interview.

Nov 1, 2016 – President

First of all, we do thank you for interviewing with our team. I am responding as the onwer of Evantage. I see you interviewed in August, and we appreciate your feedback. Letting us know directly... More

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evantage (New York, NY).

Interview

Extremely strange. I sincerely disliked the experience. One employee took me to a Duncan Donuts and told me about the position. Then I drove 30 minutes away following him in his car to a Walmart where he tried to get Walmart shoppers to switch to Direct TV.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Evantage (Dallas, TX).

Interview

First interview was a short interview I talked with the company's president, which was really cool to me, about baseball and football and his vision for the company and where I could possibly fit in it. Very cool interview I must say. The second interview was for a job shadow, I went with a top guy and he shoulded me the ropes we talked to his clients and promoted the company. He even told me how I could move up within the company over the course of the day, real cut and dry and very simple. Third interview was with the president again we wrent over the day and got the top guys opinion too.