Everything But Water Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Everything But Water Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Everything But Water (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

I first spoke with the store manager for about an hour. That was more informal. The manager wanted to get to know me as a worker and on a personal level to see if I had the temperament for the position. After that was over, I heard from the regional manager several hours later. She was very professional.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know if I have had any experience with sales before   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Everything But Water (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied through Indeed and received a call from the Store Manager to come in for an interview a couple days later. The interview lasted roughly 30 minutes. Typical management questions, but were delivered in a conversational manner. I was then scheduled for an interview with the DM for the following week. This interview was much shorter, yet very informative regarding the position and expectations. Five days later the Store Manager called and offered me the position with a slightly higher wage than I requested.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The DM asked my salary requirements at the end of our interview. After talking to the regional manager, they were able to give me more than what I asked for. Check the salary range for your specific city and position and ask for something in that range.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

two interviews
     one with assistant manager and the next with the store manager
    just general interview questions for part time sales associate
    The interview questions were easy to answer and you don't need much retail experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Everything But Water (Orlando, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was for about an hour with the Store Manager. We just went over my resume and she asked me questions concerning my job roles and responsibilities at my current jobs. After the interview she told me there would be a second interview with the DM and that I would hear back from them in about 2 weeks. I'm still waiting to hear back since the interview was a few days ago.

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Everything But Water.

Interview

The manager literally just stared at me the entire interview. She lacked personality and read word for word off her questions to ask. It didn't seem like she really knew how to interview and was more of a robot just going through the motions. Once I got hired, I had told a coworker about it and they said that they were surprised they were management.

Interview Questions

• I cannot remember any of the questions; basic retail questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Everything But Water (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Brief over the phone interview then an in person interview, not too difficult. Basic questions you'd expect at an interview for retail. Follwed by paperwork and then officially hired. Boss was super friendly and made answering the questions seem effortless and not nerve racking at all.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

It was fairly easy. I had one interview with the store manager which lasted about an hour. The second interview with the district manager did not happen for two weeks. After my second interview I waited another week for the job offer. Since, I loved the company and what it stood for the waiting process did not phase me.

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Everything But Water (Edison, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

Called to ask if they were hiring, went to the store to fill out an application along with my resume. Got a call a few days later. Interviewed with the store manager then had a phone interview with the district manager. Was offered the position a few hours later.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Everything But Water (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was very quick. I was called in after applying online. I interviewed with the store manager, and the next day I interviewed on the phone with the district manager. I got a call back the next day. My first day was my training. I read the handbook, got quized, and practiced sales.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Everything But Water.

Interview

2 interviews, very normal questions mainly relating to experience. First interview will be with the store manger and the second is usually with the DM of the store. She travels a lot so you may have to meet her at a different location for this interview.