Evonik Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 7, 2018

2.9

Contract Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Evonik (Parsippany, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Fairly routine questions based on your resume - make sure you know your resume extremely well!
    HR questions on how well you work with teams, meeting deadlines, following work instructions and reporting your work and so on. Interview conducted by your immediate manager and peers that you will be working with on a daily basis.

Interview Questions

• Ability to work independently and unsupervised since the managers/supervisors travel a lot.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Evonik (Mobile, AL) in January 2010.

Interview

I did not interview - Evonik bought our plantsite and my employment was continuous from the old company to the new company.

Lab Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Evonik (Piscataway, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied for lab intern position online and soon a recruiter replied me with a quick phone interview. She asked why do you want this job and then arrange a on-site interview next week. I interviewed with four different people includes mangers and scientists, each gave 20 mins. They asked about your backgrounds first and then kept asking typical behavior question.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years; Tell me about yourself. Will you pursuing PhD degree in the future?   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Evonik (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2012.

Interview

Single interview required. Skills are very "on the job" so the interview is mainly to see if you're a likable person. People have left because they never quite "gelled" with the company culture so fitting in is considered very important. Techs don't need a degree if they're involved with the nepotism circle (lucky) but for everyone else, at least an Associates is required - preferably in a STEM field.

SPE Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Evonik in October 2016.

Interview

HR called and we had an on the fly chat. Due to a competing offer, they had 4 days to interview/make an offer. Interviewed on the phone with HR, then forwarded to hiring manager a day or so later. Submitted an offer on the last day of my competing offer. Interviews are behavioral/STAR method.

Internship Interview

Interview

Very professional and straight forward questioning. The "star" method wasn't really used, so it makes for a less robotic interview. It also seemed more personal as the interviewer really did look thoroughly at my background instead of simply glancing at it.

Interview Questions

• Can you name a time when you had to make a decision that required risk? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Evonik (Mobile, AL) in October 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews, one with HR and one with hiring manager. The first interview with HR is behavioral, they mostly just ask questions about whats on your resume and nothing tricky. The second one is more like a conversation but will vary based on who your hiring manager is. Both people in charge of the internship are very nice (Dwayne and Florian) and will like it if you ask about their background and make a connection with them. Theyre looking for people that will be future employees not just interns for the summer

Interview Questions

• Very conversational, Tell me about yourself, Tell me about your experience at... no trick questions   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evonik (Birmingham, AL) in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume through a friend who works there. Within 24 hours I was emailed to discuss my availability for the job. We set up an interview for the following week. The interview was extremely laid-back. Their biggest focus was on my lack of experience in the specific role I would be feeling. However, I was able to assure them by citing some of my past experience that I am a fast learner and I am willing to complete independent study to get up to speed. Once I convinced them of this and was able to demonstrate some of my skills, they were eager to introduce me to every member of the team, including the head of the department. I was told I would hear back within the next week, so I am looking forward to an email in the next few days!

Interview Questions

• If we were to hire you full-time at the end of your internship, would you be interested in relocating to Germany?   Answer Question

Market Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evonik in May 2008.

Interview

Initial Phone Interview iwth National Sales Manger
    1:1 Interview with 4 people at HQ - NSM, GM, HR, ?
    1 additional interview locally - RSM
    Received offer through recruiter. Negotiated some. Think started at 72K, got to 75K + 5K sign bonus.
    Declined offer

Interview Questions

• Out of the 3 people that interviewed me, how would I sell to each of them differently?   Answer Question
    • Learning experiences? Typical interview stuff   Answer Question

Salary wasn't high enough to offset costs I would have incurred by leaving previous employer

Market Manager Interview

Interview

It was not difficult. Just be honest and open.