Evonik Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.9

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garyville, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evonik (Garyville, LA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online in July 2017, six weeks later was contacted for and interview. As the date approached, interview was changed again, then interview was changed once more. Five days before the 3rd rescheduled interview was to take place I was contacted to say that they were cancelling my interview altogether because "they were going in a different direction".

Chemical Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evonik (North Charleston, SC) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied on Indeed for a maintenance technician, and got called for a chemical technician interview. Interviewed with Plant Manager, HR Supervisor, and 2 others. Very polite and professional, all questions relevant to my experience and to the job.

Interview Questions

• What would your dream job be?   Answer Question
    • Given drawing asked to describe LO/TO for it and safety concerns for entering tank.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evonik.

Interview

On-line application [didn't work very well]. E-mail response from HR. Telephone conference with HR. Group panel interview, plant tour. Waited a few weeks for follow up response from HR. Medical required after acceptance.

Internship Interview

Interview

Very professional and straight forward questioning. The "star" method wasn't really used, so it makes for a less robotic interview. It also seemed more personal as the interviewer really did look thoroughly at my background instead of simply glancing at it.

Interview Questions

• Can you name a time when you had to make a decision that required risk? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evonik (Newark, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Was flown in to New Jersey for interview. Had to pay for my rental can and hotel up front, but submitted expense report for re reimbursement. Met with HR first, then a rep from another region, had 2 telephone conference calls with technical staff from Germany, met the person who would be my supervisor, and met with his supervisor.
    Interviews lasted from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm.
    It was open and friendly. Good experience

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us of a mjor challenge you have had, and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evonik (Birmingham, AL) in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume through a friend who works there. Within 24 hours I was emailed to discuss my availability for the job. We set up an interview for the following week. The interview was extremely laid-back. Their biggest focus was on my lack of experience in the specific role I would be feeling. However, I was able to assure them by citing some of my past experience that I am a fast learner and I am willing to complete independent study to get up to speed. Once I convinced them of this and was able to demonstrate some of my skills, they were eager to introduce me to every member of the team, including the head of the department. I was told I would hear back within the next week, so I am looking forward to an email in the next few days!

Interview Questions

• If we were to hire you full-time at the end of your internship, would you be interested in relocating to Germany?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Evonik (Paramus, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a follow-up email to set up a call about 3 weeks later. Had a screening call with the hiring manager, standard screening questions-tell me about yourself, why Evonik, why this sector, what's exciting. Passed the screening and was sent to an in-person interview with 5 different employees: the hiring manager, his boss, a lateral colleague, and 2 HR reps.

Interview Questions

• What will be the biggest challenge you face in this position?   Answer Question

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Evonik (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

The process started with an outreach on linkedin. A phone screening was then done with an HR recruiter, followed by phone interview with hiring manager. The interview process was completed with a half day interview with four people.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience with a cultural barrier you had at work and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chesterfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Evonik (North Chesterfield, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

About a week after applying online, I received an email to schedule a phone interview with an HR rep. No questions- just discussed my resume and how my experience relates to the position.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Evonik (New York, NY).

Interview

Panel style, friendly with tenured employees asking the questions versus managers. Very team oriented, lots of recognition. Two managers for interview, plus HR. HR interview was very easy, in and out with simple questions. Very detailed questions on panel interview

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer   1 Answer