Evonik Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Evonik Interview Questions

Updated May 30, 2017

2.9

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evonik.

Interview

On-line application [didn't work very well]. E-mail response from HR. Telephone conference with HR. Group panel interview, plant tour. Waited a few weeks for follow up response from HR. Medical required after acceptance.

Internship Interview

Interview

Very professional and straight forward questioning. The "star" method wasn't really used, so it makes for a less robotic interview. It also seemed more personal as the interviewer really did look thoroughly at my background instead of simply glancing at it.

Interview Questions

• Can you name a time when you had to make a decision that required risk? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evonik (Newark, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Was flown in to New Jersey for interview. Had to pay for my rental can and hotel up front, but submitted expense report for re reimbursement. Met with HR first, then a rep from another region, had 2 telephone conference calls with technical staff from Germany, met the person who would be my supervisor, and met with his supervisor.
    Interviews lasted from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm.
    It was open and friendly. Good experience

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us of a mjor challenge you have had, and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evonik (Birmingham, AL) in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume through a friend who works there. Within 24 hours I was emailed to discuss my availability for the job. We set up an interview for the following week. The interview was extremely laid-back. Their biggest focus was on my lack of experience in the specific role I would be feeling. However, I was able to assure them by citing some of my past experience that I am a fast learner and I am willing to complete independent study to get up to speed. Once I convinced them of this and was able to demonstrate some of my skills, they were eager to introduce me to every member of the team, including the head of the department. I was told I would hear back within the next week, so I am looking forward to an email in the next few days!

Interview Questions

• If we were to hire you full-time at the end of your internship, would you be interested in relocating to Germany?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Evonik (Paramus, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a follow-up email to set up a call about 3 weeks later. Had a screening call with the hiring manager, standard screening questions-tell me about yourself, why Evonik, why this sector, what's exciting. Passed the screening and was sent to an in-person interview with 5 different employees: the hiring manager, his boss, a lateral colleague, and 2 HR reps.

Interview Questions

• What will be the biggest challenge you face in this position?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chesterfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Evonik (North Chesterfield, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

About a week after applying online, I received an email to schedule a phone interview with an HR rep. No questions- just discussed my resume and how my experience relates to the position.

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Evonik (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

The process started with an outreach on linkedin. A phone screening was then done with an HR recruiter, followed by phone interview with hiring manager. The interview process was completed with a half day interview with four people.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience with a cultural barrier you had at work and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Evonik (New York, NY).

Interview

Panel style, friendly with tenured employees asking the questions versus managers. Very team oriented, lots of recognition. Two managers for interview, plus HR. HR interview was very easy, in and out with simple questions. Very detailed questions on panel interview

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Evonik (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

My first interview was with HR and the Supply Chain Manager. I was,asked about my previous job responsibilities and why I left. I advised it was,due to my company relocating to NC. HR had few questions and most were based off of the recruiters information. The Supply Chain Manager had more questions because I had Logistics background as well as CS. I had been an International Shipping Coordinator and been certified for shipping hazardous materials. The CS Manager was not available to meet with me on the day of my interview. I needed to return two weeks later. I met with her as well as the group leader for the department. The interview questions were very basic. Have you been on many interviews, have you accepted any job offers, what type job are you looking for, have you ever had a problem with a coworker.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have a problem with a coworker and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

SPE Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Evonik in October 2016.

Interview

HR called and we had an on the fly chat. Due to a competing offer, they had 4 days to interview/make an offer. Interviewed on the phone with HR, then forwarded to hiring manager a day or so later. Submitted an offer on the last day of my competing offer. Interviews are behavioral/STAR method.