Exelon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Exelon (New York, NY).

Interview

I was debriefed on what the branch of the company does and what the previous person who had this position was responsible for. I was given a quick 1 question quiz to reinforce the interviewer's trust that I knew about the company. Relatively cool and not too intense. Wanted answers to questions in the STAR format (Situation Task Assignment Response).

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with racial discrimination in a group setting?   Answer Question

Associate Supply Business Ops Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Exelon (Warrenville, IL).

Interview

I was put through a quick phone interview with a couple of STAR questions then had an in person panel style interview with two panels. My resume was passed on as a person to hire to two other departments where I also had interviews. I was hired after a 2 month process. Long but worth it.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you initially failed and what you did about it.   Answer Question

Auxiliary Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oswego, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Exelon (Oswego, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

3 Weeks. completed a half day of testing for two separate tests. 30 minute interview after on separate day with only two people. Correspondence was through a corporate recruiter in a another state

Interview Questions

• Why this position. Other corporate HR behavioral questions, name a time when you did x. Really prepare for those. All of them.   4 Answers

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Exelon.

Interview

the interview process was very typical for a big company its exactly what you'd expect from a company this size and you just need to be patient with the process

Interview Questions

• describe your ideal work environment   1 Answer

Nuclear Auxiliary Fuel Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Exelon (Warrenville, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

S.T.A.R. Method interview. I prepped for it and I felt like I did well but I did not get the position. All behavior based questions. Three people in interview and one Human Resources person on the phone to answer HR questions. They're originally told me it'd be about 2-3 weeks before I heard anything and it took about a month. Was told by recruiter very competitive market and that there will be second round of hiring later on in the year.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Exelon.

Interview

The interview process was well organized with behavior based questions. The beginning of the interview process moved quickly and I was excited about the opportunity. However, the end of the process fell short when the team left me hanging until I made the call to recruiter to learn the status of role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me abut a time when you updated a process?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cordova, IL

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Exelon (Cordova, IL).

Interview

I had an interview at one of their nuclear sites. Originally I was told I would interview with two individuals and when I got into the room there were two more via conference call. It was the typical Behavior Based interview which I thought was ok but if you aren't an extrovert and you aren't able to pat your self on the back, you won't get a job. I am good at what I do but I cannot pat myself on the back. I can talk about what I've done in past jobs but I don't have a gift for gab.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw someone doing something unsafe?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Exelon.

Interview

The entire process from applying online until the offer was approximately 2-3 months. The recruiter sent an email to set up the phone screen about a month and a half after applying. The recruiter asked general questions about my resume. A week later, I received an email to set up an in person interview. It consisted of three rounds. The interviews were behavioral for the most part. It is very important to know the STAR format and to answer the questions using it. I was asked a few technical questions but nothing difficult if you know Finance/Accounting. I was notified about a week later with an official offer.

Service Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pottstown, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Exelon (Pottstown, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

The one interview I went on was a phone interview and somewhat quick. During the interview they asked me "situational" questions, which I thought I answered very well. When I received feedback from the recruiter I was told they were using the "STAR" interview method and I didn't follow the process so I didn't get the job. I was never told until the communication from the recruiter anything about "STAR". I am always in the right frame of mind to handle many different possible questions but I didn't know of this process and they certainly did not speak to it during the interview

Interview Questions

• No questions really stuck out for me on this one at all.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Exelon (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied back in January, and received an email inquiry in early April asking about my interest in a compensation HR internship. I indicated interest and had a conference call appointment with compensation managers. I did receive a nice interview prep document to prepare for the interview. One week later, I received a phone call with an offer from Exelon's Business Services for the internship. I followed with more questions and had a good conversation with one of the compensation directors.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you took a risk at work/school.   1 Answer
    • Why are you interested in Human Resources?   Answer Question
    • What are your favorite classes and why?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you managed a difficult situation in a team environment.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Interview

Received email about 3 weeks after I applied asking for phone interview. Phone interview was very pleasant. I was asked about my background and why I wanted to work got the company. I was set up for an in person interview the next day. Two person panal interview. STAR formated questions. Still waiting to hear if I got the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an difficult co-worker. what happened and what did you do?   Answer Question