Exelon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Exelon (New York, NY).

Interview

I was debriefed on what the branch of the company does and what the previous person who had this position was responsible for. I was given a quick 1 question quiz to reinforce the interviewer's trust that I knew about the company. Relatively cool and not too intense. Wanted answers to questions in the STAR format (Situation Task Assignment Response).

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with racial discrimination in a group setting?   1 Answer

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Limerick, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Exelon (Limerick, PA).

Interview

The interview/hiring process was simple, but lengthy. Limerick Generating System already had my resume before they had a need for an office personal contractor. Once I accepted the job, there was a paperwork to fill out and additional tasks to fill out. It was an overall smooth and easy process.

Interview Questions

• Explain your role/daily tasks at your current job.   Answer Question
    • What is your reason for leaving your current job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Exelon in February 2014.

Interview

Talked with a panel of 3 employees about my job responsibilities at the company. Additionally I was asked 6 different behavioral questions reflecting on past experiences with work and school. Lastly I was given the opportunity to ask any questions about the position and the company. Overall the panel was friendly but asked some tough questions that kept you on your toes.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were required to work with a group and what the result was.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Exelon in May 2014.

Interview

Simple. Recruiter helped to guide me through it. They called me initially to see if I was still interested and gave me a brief interview over the phone. He then called me back a few days later and instructed me on how to sign up for my drug screen and background check. After that, he just let me know I passed and instructions for my first day of the internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Exelon (Chicago, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

I went through two interviews (one via phone, one in person). The phone interview was straight forward. Within a week, I was offered an in person invite.

This was one of the most rigid interviews I've been to - the questions were all 4 or 5 sentences long with various parts. It was tough to answer completely and thoroughly. On more than one question, we had to skip it and move on to the next. I suggest listening very clearly and if possible, take notes on the keywords within the questions - it will help you greatly.

The great part was that my interviewers were very nice about the complexity of the interview questions and the entire process. They were also very informative about why I didn't get the job (came in second place) and what I could change about my interviewee style. I enjoyed this interview for its overall value.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to look at the job description once more and pick out a few aspects of the job in which I did NOT have any experience.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Exelon.

Interview

The entire process from applying online until the offer was approximately 2-3 months. The recruiter sent an email to set up the phone screen about a month and a half after applying. The recruiter asked general questions about my resume. A week later, I received an email to set up an in person interview. It consisted of three rounds. The interviews were behavioral for the most part. It is very important to know the STAR format and to answer the questions using it. I was asked a few technical questions but nothing difficult if you know Finance/Accounting. I was notified about a week later with an official offer.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Exelon.

Interview

20 minute phone interview. Asked behavioral-type questions. Some were quite specific and long. if you didn't have previous work experience it's hard to answer these questions. Otherwise, interviewer was nice and concise.

Interview Questions

• A time when the typical solutions didn't work and you had to come up with new solutions   Answer Question
    • A time when you helped enhance the knowledge or learning of your peers/colleagues   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Exelon in November 2017.

Interview

It was a phone call and had 8 people on it. The majority of them seemed distracted. Only 2 of them seemed to be actively listening. A couple of the people never joined the call that were supposed to.

IT Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Exelon (Oak Brook, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interviewers both went through a spiel of the department, the job description and duties. Then each of them read scenarios from a scripted STAR behavioral interview question. The entire process took close to an hour not allowing me much time to ask my own questions. Neither of them got through all of the behavioral questions they had to ask, but chose among the ones they didn't complete.

Interview Questions

• If you google STAR or behavioral interviews you will find the stock questions they used. They all began with "Tell me a time when you did...."   1 Answer

IT Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Exelon (Washington, DC) in May 2017.

Interview

You applied on line and then the HR called me for the time, eligibility to work in the states, your current job, your expected salary, and very basic questions, then setting up the interview date

Interview Questions

• giving several situations and examples from your previous experience, and going in details for some points like conflict with management and how you react in it, also how you can work under pressure in case faced, where do you see your self in five years from now and like the basic interview questions.   Answer Question