Exelon Reviews | Glassdoor

Exelon President & CEO Christopher M. Crane
Christopher M. Crane

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work load and hours can be very demanding at times but there are opportunities for work life balance (in 57 reviews)

• Expect occasional long hours and a collateral duty emergency response role (in 25 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Unparalleled corporate environment"

Current Employee - Associate Financial Analyst in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Associate Financial Analyst in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Exelon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Diverse employees make it an exceptionally comfortable work environment. Good pay, and very generous benefits. Lots of opportunities for career movement since it is such a big company - it is even encouraged to work in a new group or position every 2-3 years. Very loyal employee base - many people you talk to have been with the company for 10 years and have no plans of leaving. Pension plan!!! Executive management is very approachable (even to even entry level positions), and they frequent company events. Awesome views from the new Baltimore HQ on the harbor.

Cons

The computers are slightly outdated and few people are given work laptops or phones. Having just moved into the new Baltimore HQ I think that will be fixed soon, though. IT isn't the best.

Jul 25, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We are ecstatic to hear about the great experiences you've had thus far and that you are championing the company! We are always looking for new... More

2. "Armed Security Officer"

Current Employee - Armed Security Officer in Middletown, PA
    Current Employee - Armed Security Officer in Middletown, PA

I have been working at Exelon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, great vacation

Cons

Company doesn't have securities back, no growth for security department

3. "Great company with some personality flaws"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Exelon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

During my tenure, I experienced a great culture throughout the organization and I had a lot of interesting opportunities and experience that have enabled me to grow as a professional. Energy is an exciting industry and Exelon has a very clear organizational governance and operations structure. Many of the people are very committed to the company and willing to work together to advance a cause.

Cons

There was not a clear path to advancement and promotions did not appear to be merit-based. If they haven't already, a 360 review process could help fix some of the management issues experienced.

Advice to Management

Reward people with recognition not just monetary incentives and do more of a 360 review process if you haven't already implemented one.

"Buttom line is all about Exelon's Profit"

Current Employee - Reactor Operator in Oswego, NY
    Current Employee - Reactor Operator in Oswego, NY

I have been working at Exelon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pays well, benifits are avg. Discount on exelon Stock. If you want money they pay big for SRO positions (with bonus 170-200k per year)

Cons

They demand that their employees to support the company. They want work done, it will happen at the cost of your family, friends, life style. They will change your work-life to only benifit their business model. No doubt that is one of the main reason most of the site has been through a divorce(Or many). They have the reputation in the industry of being the evil empire.

"Operations"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Exelon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits. That is about it.

Cons

Selling Texas assets after defaulting on a loan. UNETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICES.
    Left all of the legacy employees behind except for the boot lickers. Wouldn't have happened if it was a Union environment.

Advice to Management

Too top heavy..No wonder the stock has lost so much. Too much boon doggle activity at the med and upper management level. Obvious buddy system from up north.

"Great Pay, Great Benefits, But some Cons."

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Rochester, NY

I worked at Exelon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Pay, Great Benefits, somewhat flexible company.

Cons

Occasional long hours, Many levels of management, too many meetings for management leads to an ineffective structure. Some managers spend more than 8 hours per day in meetings.

Also, you can't advance your career past middle management unless you're willing to do shift work for 4 years.

Advice to Management

Cut down on number of meetings, decrease time spent in meetings. Managers should manage. Nothing gets done in meetings.

Aug 21, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience. As a company we take great pride in providing our employees with various opportunities throughout the organization. Though long hours may be a necessity on... More

7. "Great Company"

I have been working at Exelon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is great as well as the benefits. Upper management is accessible even for the lowest level employee. There is room to grow, and the culture allows you to feel comfortable moving positions and even departments. They are socially responsible and committed to diversity which is a great thing to see. An exciting time to work in Energy.

Cons

As with all big companies, it is hard to communicate sometimes across silos. Some steps can be taken to break down these barriers.

Advice to Management

Try to break down barriers and shift culture to a more open workplace and less departmental. This would improve cross-department communication.

Jul 25, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for your feedback! As a company we take great pride in providing our employees with a place full of career growth opportunities so they can have a career that meets their needs... More

8. "Good company to work for"

I have been working at Exelon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great salary
    Amazing benefits
    Growing company
    Good work life balance
    I love working here. The environment is great and they value you as an employee.

Cons

Need some culture changes in terms of supplier relations. Suppliers need to be held accountable for their transgressions. Work on building relationships with growing suppliers and help them, don't stick to one or two old suppliers.

Advice to Management

Look for younger people to promote from within. Management is older and has a more traditional view of supply, need innovative takes from a younger group.

Jul 25, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience and perspectives with us! We are ecstatic to know you enjoy working for the company. We consistently strive to provide our employees with growth opportunities... More

9. "Lead IT Security Analyst"

Current Employee - Lead IT Security Analyst in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Lead IT Security Analyst in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Exelon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good location, great colleagues, good bonus structure

Cons

Innovation takes time to be implemented, no diversity

Aug 17, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We take great pride in providing our employees with opportunities to establish a career that is fulfilling both personally and professionally. In regards to innovation we... More

10. "Exelon /BGE Employee"

Current Employee - BGE EMPLOYEE
    Current Employee - BGE EMPLOYEE

I have been working at Exelon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent pay , worked for BGE over 40 years. There was always a pay check there. I gave them my very best over the years.

Cons

Human Resources is antiquated and slowwwwww, holds up progress.

Advice to Management

BGE /Constellation being now under the Exelon name why isn't the medical insurance benefit costs the same for everyone. There is certainly no need for this disparity!

Jul 25, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We are thrilled to have gained and retained such great talent over the years. All your hard work and support is greatly appreciated, and does not go... More