Extendicare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 6, 2017

2.4

Administrator In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gig Harbor, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Extendicare (Gig Harbor, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Informal, was able to get an interview because I was friends with a subordinate. Routine questions, was looking for responses that were really well-informed. Wanted someone who was willing to work 70 hour weeks on a consistent basis for the first few years. Don't apply for this position unless you are able to put all other things in your life on hold for a few years... unfortunately, that was not an option for me in the end.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Extendicare in February 2015.

Interview

Easy. Very comfortable. Telephone then panel interview at facility that would be my home facility. After accepted then did drug screening and background check. Filled out most of paperwork and finished at oreintation.

RN Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prior Lake, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Extendicare (Prior Lake, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

HR representative called me after seeing my resume on a job site. I had not been looking for a Supervisor position but after speaking with her, I was intrigued. I had been a staff RN working only in hospitals for about 16 years up to that point and the job offer was at an Assisted Living and Memory Care facility that was over an hour commute one way. After the phone interview, I was asked to follow up with a 1:1 at the facility (I did) and it was casual and comfortable. With the exception of the commute, I immediately felt this job was something I could and wanted to do.

Interview Questions

• What past experience do you have with supervising and delegating responsibility?

How do you handle conflict among staff members?

Give me an example of a situation where you were having conflict with another staff member of supervisor and how did you handle it?

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Describe yourself.
      Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Interview

Hiring was done on a demand basis, and not on candidate qualifications.They felt they needed a warm body to fill a position-not a qualified person who can speak English and know the customs of the job and community. They gloss over important areas like education, skills, personal qualities, is this person trustworthy, can this person show integrity and grace and be able to stay away from their I-Pad phone and be dedicated to the patients instead of degenerates who throw out medications like candy on Halloween and sit at the desk and talk of their social lives while the patients wait for
    service. Expect long wait times before any word is handed down about employment, and don't expect wage negotiation.

Interview Questions

• Can you turn in a bad employee?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Extendicare (Vancouver, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

The process began with a tour of the facility and introduction to some staff and residents. The atmosphere is very fast-paced at all hours with staff smiling when they greeted the residents and each other. The Director of Nursing (DON) was kind, smiled a lot, and described her position and intentions for the nursing staff. She shared her vision of care and gave some highlights of her plan achieve the goals reminding me that nurses are leaders and she expects her nurses to give "a little something extra with each patient interaction."

Interview Questions

• "What are your expectations?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

My schedule was negotiable but wage is set at $24.50/hour with yearly review and $1/hr shift differential from 10 pm-6 am.

CNA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Extendicare in April 2014.

Interview

Applied to the job on a Sunday night and got a call the next afternoon about the job position. Scheduled an interview within the next couple days. Interview was with the DON and went by smoothly. They gave me a drug test the same day and let me know that I received the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, however look out for the pay differences between part and full time. Choose part time if you have medical insurance from elsewhere, because part time offers more money.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Extendicare (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Interviewed originally for an application developer position. Went through a phone interview first and then 5 on-site interviews with a total of 15 different individuals. Final interview was with the IT director at the time.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty typical for the position, nothing really unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was very little negotiated other than salary

Interview

Over the phone and In person

Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Langhorne Manor, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Extendicare (Langhorne Manor, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

Arrived for my interview (early, as you never want to be late for an interview) and waited for the appropriate time. The assistant Director of Nursing ran the interview, didn't really provide must detail as to what was expected, advised the hourly rate, and then asked if I would like the position without really assessing my overall competency.

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Extendicare (Wilmington, DE) in March 2013.

Interview

I went in a little late they didn't care. The lady who gave the interview was nice and down to earth. They asked general questions about being a CNA. How do you like it, what are the plans for the future, how much do you like what you do? The interview was quick and brief.