Extreme Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 30, 2018

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Extreme Networks in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward which the recruiter helped schedule. It was completed per schedule. But the decision took longer to come than expected although they kept me informed on every step on where we were with the process.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer described current challenges with the team and asked how I would address them.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Extreme Networks (Raleigh, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Started with usual greeting. The interview was mostly on Basic technical questions based on your resume skills. It was almost a 20 minute interview. Most of the questions were related to C, and minimum questions on Networking concepts. If a programming language is your forte, it shouldn't be very difficult.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Extreme Networks (Morrisville, NC).

Interview

Interviewed by senior managers/engineers and a junior engineer. Basically asked general resume-related questions along with some technical coding-type questions (C language and Linux) to make sure you have your basics right. Wasn't able to answer all of them correctly but they were perceptive enough to see that I still knew my stuff well. I was also asked a few career related questions. I guess they were trying to see how likely I was to take the job and stay in it if offered. They prefer only local candidates.
    The recruiter called me the same day with feedback on the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you sometimes need to use double pointers as function arguments in C?   2 Answers

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Extreme Networks (Salem, NH) in October 2017.

Interview

Onsite, 3 rounds.
    1. resume and project.
    2.coding.
    3.director.

First, one engineer lead me to walk through the office and into meet room.
    Talk some basic information to me. Then we have 3 rounds interview.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Extreme Networks (San Jose, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Good smooth interview process. Only complaint is not meeting enough people in person once I passed the first round of the interview process during the phone screen. After scheduling and arriving for an onsite interview, no one was in the office that day that I was supposed to speak with. So I had to speak with an HR employee in person that I spoke with on the phone, and the other person was on a speaker phone in a conference room. The other people were not there and did not speak with me.

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Extreme Networks (Salem, NH) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was conversational and comfortable. I sat in a conference room with what would become my team and my manager and discussed the position casually. The team was more focused on how I would fit rather than making sure that my skills and knowledge were a perfect match as they believed I could learn the products and tools, but the personality was more important to the group dynamic.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable documenting UI elements?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Extreme Networks.

Interview

The overall process was a very productive and communication filled interview from both the HR team and interview attendees. The HR team was effectively scheduling interviews and keeping me in the loop on all of the next steps in the process.. Each of the interviews where straight to the point on the expectations and deliverables of the job and what they expected from the potential applicants..

Interview Questions

• What motivates you on a daily basis?   Answer Question
    • Explain how my past job tasks would provide insight on executing the job expectations?   Answer Question
    • Talk about my past experiences on rolling out marketing campaigns (positive results and how to tackle negative results)   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Extreme Networks (Raleigh, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

2 very casual meetings at Beer:30 (something Extreme does on Friday afternoons) with the Director of Software Engineering where he introduced me to the team. Once I was interested in pursuing the position, a more formal interview was setup. I interviewed with 2 software engineering managers and 1 principle software engineer. They generally asked me about my resume experience and some general computer science questions - link lists, arrays, threading, mutexes, data structures.

Interview Questions

• How would you store database records in memory when you don't know how large the database could grow?   1 Answer
    • Pros/Cons of link lists vs. arrays.   Answer Question
    • Differences between recursive algorithms vs. iterative algorithms as it relates to compute resources.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I gave them a salary target. Extreme's offer was just below the target. I didn't negotiate further.

Associate QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Extreme Networks (Salem, NH) in May 2017.

Interview

They use a mutli-stage process common for a company this size: 1) Submit, 2) Phone: Pre-screen interview with HR 3) Phone: additional interview with supervisor 4) In-person visit

Interview Questions

• 1) Previous relevant experience and length   Answer Question
    • 2) Previous times I've had work-related issues   Answer Question
    • 3) How do I communicate with colleagues and superiors   Answer Question
    • The questions were generally non-technical since my resume background assumed I knew the basics.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Extreme Networks (Raleigh, NC) in February 2018.

Interview

Very professional.
    1. Had a HR interview on the phone. Then a round a technical phone interviews with 4 H/W engineers.
    2. Onsite interview with 4 other H/W engineers.
    3. Lunch interview with H/W hiring manager.
    They paid for flight, hotel and meals.

The people are very friendly and down to earth. I got the offer but could not accept because of location preference. Looked like a very good place to work and grow.

Interview Questions

• 1. General high speed digital design and approach.
      2. Multiplayer HDI PCB structure and design approach including PCB stack up, impedance control etc.
      3. ODM/JDM engagement, project schedule optimization, risk mitigation etc.   Answer Question

Junior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Extreme Networks (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

Interviews all conducted virtually phone and video conferencing. Multiple interviews with recruiter, HR, peers and stakeholders including manager x 2. Very open and transparent through the process with questions about stock price and executive changeover. Felt collaborative. Background check was slow but that is outsourced by Extreme. Everything else moved at an expected pace.

Interview Questions

• Less of a Q&A more of a conversation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Recruiter did the negotiation. Was more of a take it or leave it.