Extreme Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Extreme Networks Interview Questions

Interviews at Extreme Networks

2.8

Engineer Interview

Interview

interviewed by three people
    asked relevant questions
    asked questions about the advertised position
    questions were not too in depth
     took a tour of the office area
    took a tour of the lab area
    took a tour of the outside activity area
    people seems nice

Senior Software Engineer - Applications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Extreme Networks (Nashua, NH) in November 2019.

Interview

1. Phone call with hiring manager - It was to schedule on site interview
    2. Onsite Interview - Interviewd with 4 people for about 3 hours
    3. Hiring Manager interviewed in the last and asked about memory management and stuff

Interview Questions

• 1. How well do you know github, jira processes
      2. Reverse a linked list
      3. Design a memory management with alloc() & free() kind of api   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Extreme Networks (Raleigh, NC) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview was a telephonic interview. Lasted about 30 min. The interviewer ask questions depending upon resume i.e., regarding projects, courses, technologies. Applied for the position in late Feb - Early Mar.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate yourself in your proficiency with python and C?   1 Answer
    • How good are you using Git and Ansible? How did you use it? Did you write any playbooks before?   1 Answer

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Extreme Networks (San Jose, CA) in December 2018.

Interview

Phone interview followed by 1-on-1 onsite interviews with 5 engineers. Each interview was 45 minute, so the overall duration was about 4 hours. The interview included questions about past work, strengths, weaknesses, and detailed technical questions on L2/L3 technology. The interviewers were very knowledgeable and friendly.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Extreme Networks (Morrisville, NC) in November 2018.

Interview

Applied on the 1st of the month, contacted by recruiter on the 7th, phone call with hiring manager the following Monday, and in-person interview with recruiter, hiring manger, and person I'd be replacing 8 days later. Recruiter was forthcoming about their interest in my candidacy after the interview, and worked diligently to ensure me that they would move quickly for my benefit and theirs. One of the smoothest processes from start to finish that I've been a part of. Offer gladly accepted.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Extreme Networks.

Interview

I applied online through Jobvite. The process took around 1 week. I had two interviews, one phone call and a video round. Basic CCNA concepts about routing and switching is helpful.

Interview Questions

• Subnet mask, vlans, STP, HSRP, Etherchannel, OSPF virtual link, packet flow and troubleshooting a network topology.   Answer Question

IT Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Extreme Networks (San Jose, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

First i have got a call from Aptask rep about 3 times, then i have got a call from my present manager Chris May two times and then i was offered a job

Interview Questions

• What have you done in the past and since how long you have been doing   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Extreme Networks (Raleigh, NC) in February 2018.

Interview

Very professional.
    1. Had a HR interview on the phone. Then a round a technical phone interviews with 4 H/W engineers.
    2. Onsite interview with 4 other H/W engineers.
    3. Lunch interview with H/W hiring manager.
    They paid for flight, hotel and meals.

The people are very friendly and down to earth. I got the offer but could not accept because of location preference. Looked like a very good place to work and grow.

Interview Questions

• 1. General high speed digital design and approach.
      2. Multiplayer HDI PCB structure and design approach including PCB stack up, impedance control etc.
      3. ODM/JDM engagement, project schedule optimization, risk mitigation etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Extreme Networks.

Interview

Interview was fairly straight forward. Met with two different groups. Some employees that were of the level 3 grade and the customer service manager. Overall process was good and nothing that was out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult customer situation and how you handled that.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Extreme Networks (Salem, NH) in October 2017.

Interview

Onsite, 3 rounds.
    1. resume and project.
    2.coding.
    3.director.

First, one engineer lead me to walk through the office and into meet room.
    Talk some basic information to me. Then we have 3 rounds interview.