Extreme Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 30, 2017

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Extreme Networks in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward which the recruiter helped schedule. It was completed per schedule. But the decision took longer to come than expected although they kept me informed on every step on where we were with the process.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer described current challenges with the team and asked how I would address them.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Extreme Networks.

Interview

Interview was fairly straight forward. Met with two different groups. Some employees that were of the level 3 grade and the customer service manager. Overall process was good and nothing that was out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult customer situation and how you handled that.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Extreme Networks (Salem, NH) in October 2017.

Interview

Onsite, 3 rounds.
    1. resume and project.
    2.coding.
    3.director.

First, one engineer lead me to walk through the office and into meet room.
    Talk some basic information to me. Then we have 3 rounds interview.

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Extreme Networks (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2017.

Interview

I was purchased from another company that bought Extreme. So the process was very fluid and very good. More of presentation. nd know the group with which he was going to work

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Extreme Networks (Wilmington, DE) in June 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager, for whom I had previously worked, reached out to gauge my interest in the position. Upon confirmation of interest, I went through two interviews with the HR based internal recruiter

Interview Questions

• Was I interested in the position   1 Answer

Associate QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Extreme Networks (Salem, NH) in May 2017.

Interview

They use a mutli-stage process common for a company this size: 1) Submit, 2) Phone: Pre-screen interview with HR 3) Phone: additional interview with supervisor 4) In-person visit

Interview Questions

• 1) Previous relevant experience and length   Answer Question
    • 2) Previous times I've had work-related issues   Answer Question
    • 3) How do I communicate with colleagues and superiors   Answer Question
    • The questions were generally non-technical since my resume background assumed I knew the basics.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

I was involved in the sale of Zebra to Extreme Networks. There was not an interview. The Zebra CEO said the WLan Enterprise Business was sold to Extreme Networks.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Extreme Networks (Morrisville, NC).

Interview

Interviewed by senior managers/engineers and a junior engineer. Basically asked general resume-related questions along with some technical coding-type questions (C language and Linux) to make sure you have your basics right. Wasn't able to answer all of them correctly but they were perceptive enough to see that I still knew my stuff well. I was also asked a few career related questions. I guess they were trying to see how likely I was to take the job and stay in it if offered. They prefer only local candidates.
    The recruiter called me the same day with feedback on the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you sometimes need to use double pointers as function arguments in C?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Extreme Networks.

Interview

The overall process was a very productive and communication filled interview from both the HR team and interview attendees. The HR team was effectively scheduling interviews and keeping me in the loop on all of the next steps in the process.. Each of the interviews where straight to the point on the expectations and deliverables of the job and what they expected from the potential applicants..

Interview Questions

• What motivates you on a daily basis?   Answer Question
    • Explain how my past job tasks would provide insight on executing the job expectations?   Answer Question
    • Talk about my past experiences on rolling out marketing campaigns (positive results and how to tackle negative results)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Extreme Networks (Raleigh, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Started with usual greeting. The interview was mostly on Basic technical questions based on your resume skills. It was almost a 20 minute interview. Most of the questions were related to C, and minimum questions on Networking concepts. If a programming language is your forte, it shouldn't be very difficult.