Extreme Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Extreme Networks Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

Project Manager Interview

Interview

I was involved in the sale of Zebra to Extreme Networks. There was not an interview. The Zebra CEO said the WLan Enterprise Business was sold to Extreme Networks.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Extreme Networks in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward which the recruiter helped schedule. It was completed per schedule. But the decision took longer to come than expected although they kept me informed on every step on where we were with the process.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer described current challenges with the team and asked how I would address them.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Extreme Networks (Morrisville, NC).

Interview

Interviewed by senior managers/engineers and a junior engineer. Basically asked general resume-related questions along with some technical coding-type questions (C language and Linux) to make sure you have your basics right. Wasn't able to answer all of them correctly but they were perceptive enough to see that I still knew my stuff well. I was also asked a few career related questions. I guess they were trying to see how likely I was to take the job and stay in it if offered. They prefer only local candidates.
    The recruiter called me the same day with feedback on the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you sometimes need to use double pointers as function arguments in C?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Extreme Networks.

Interview

The overall process was a very productive and communication filled interview from both the HR team and interview attendees. The HR team was effectively scheduling interviews and keeping me in the loop on all of the next steps in the process.. Each of the interviews where straight to the point on the expectations and deliverables of the job and what they expected from the potential applicants..

Interview Questions

• What motivates you on a daily basis?   Answer Question
    • Explain how my past job tasks would provide insight on executing the job expectations?   Answer Question
    • Talk about my past experiences on rolling out marketing campaigns (positive results and how to tackle negative results)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Extreme Networks (Raleigh, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Started with usual greeting. The interview was mostly on Basic technical questions based on your resume skills. It was almost a 20 minute interview. Most of the questions were related to C, and minimum questions on Networking concepts. If a programming language is your forte, it shouldn't be very difficult.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Extreme Networks (Raleigh, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

2 very casual meetings at Beer:30 (something Extreme does on Friday afternoons) with the Director of Software Engineering where he introduced me to the team. Once I was interested in pursuing the position, a more formal interview was setup. I interviewed with 2 software engineering managers and 1 principle software engineer. They generally asked me about my resume experience and some general computer science questions - link lists, arrays, threading, mutexes, data structures.

Interview Questions

• How would you store database records in memory when you don't know how large the database could grow?   Answer Question
    • Pros/Cons of link lists vs. arrays.   Answer Question
    • Differences between recursive algorithms vs. iterative algorithms as it relates to compute resources.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I gave them a salary target. Extreme's offer was just below the target. I didn't negotiate further.

Junior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Extreme Networks (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

Interviews all conducted virtually phone and video conferencing. Multiple interviews with recruiter, HR, peers and stakeholders including manager x 2. Very open and transparent through the process with questions about stock price and executive changeover. Felt collaborative. Background check was slow but that is outsourced by Extreme. Everything else moved at an expected pace.

Interview Questions

• Less of a Q&A more of a conversation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Recruiter did the negotiation. Was more of a take it or leave it.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Extreme Networks (Salem, NH).

Interview

This was probably one of the lengthiest interviews I've ever had. It started with an initial phone screen with HR. The conversation went so well I was set up for phone interviews with both the Sales Development Manager and the Marketing Operations Manager. Both conversations went very well and they invited me into the office to interview with both managers in person as well as other members of the team. Again, nailed it. I was very confident that I was going to get an offer. They invited me back one last time for a shadow interview in which I essentially just sat with members of the team and listened to them make some calls and log information into their CRM. I was told while leaving that they would reach out to me the following day with next steps. That call never came. I gave it another few days and finally reached out in frustration to the HR contact. He informed me that they had decided to move forward with another candidate but they would likely have more openings in the future. About a week later the same SDR position was posted to LinkedIn's job board. If they didn't want to move forward why waste my time and invite me back for the shadow interview? Furthermore, why set the expectation that I'll be notified the next day one way or another and then never follow up?

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions   1 Answer

Senior Director, WW Channels Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Extreme Networks (San Jose, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Extremely professional and very transparent. The recruitment team are best in class, they work extremely hard to ensure the process moves as quickly and smoothly as possible. They leverage online tools to ensure you have visibility into the the interview process and timelines. The on boarding process was also very straight forward with very genuine people their to help at every step of the way. All in all a great experience !

Interview Questions

• Top three reasons why Extreme should higher me and top three reasons why I want to join Extreme   Answer Question

Infrastructure Embedded Linux Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Extreme Networks (Morrisville, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview (HR): Information on the job requirements. Your strengths. Schedule a date and time for technical interview.

Technical Phone Interview:

Kernel level driver experience. RTOS concepts.

Interview Questions

• Unix Scripting Experience followed by c++ basic concepts and few programs. They ask you about Unix Scripting followed by tool chain. Some complex c++ programs. Python.
      Kernel level driver experience. RTOS concepts.
      1 Answer