FAM Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Sort:

Assistant Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Commerce, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FAM Brands (Commerce, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

This interview was when the company was still very small. Had a mom and pop feel to it still. The interview was nice. I was very excited to be a part of the company if I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What were my past responsibilities at my previous jobs?   1 Answer

Sales Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at FAM Brands.

Interview

Straight forward interview, very conversational, no major hoops to jump through. My impression is that that the interview was more to determine cultural fit. The corporate culture is VERY unstructured. They are extremely good at their specific tier of business which is Budget Goods and they have the desire to enter other tiers. Either I did not posses the skillset and temperament to achieve this goal in that corporate setting OR they are not fully aware of what it means to pursue Better Branded goods. As will all things it is probably a bit of both.
    It should be said that I liked the management team on a personal level.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Quick and painless handled by a headhunter

Product Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Commerce, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FAM Brands (Commerce, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Interview was set up through a recruiter on Linked In. Face to face interview was set up the following week. Met with manager and then a VP came in. Basic interview questions, reviewed job history. Reviewed the company's history and what they were looking for.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Commerce, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FAM Brands (Commerce, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Took 30 mins to see me and took 10-15 mins for the whole entire interview and thought I didn't get the job but got a call an hour later and took the offer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bell, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FAM Brands (Bell, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Management examined me and my profile but were very friendly in the process. The interview was personal and seem as if I was being interviewed by somebody a lot more warm than just an employer. They did not give me any tense vibes and had an easy time answering question.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bell, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FAM Brands (Bell, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

easy and quick, very informative and thorough with the responsibilities involved. process was efficient and was able to perform the tasks at hand. dept team morale was great and support system was very accommodating.

Fabric R&D Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FAM Brands (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Quick and painless – The interviewer asked several questions surrounding my knowledge base, most likely to ensure I actually had the relevant experience.

The interview overall took me less than an hour and an offer was extended later that day.

Interview Questions

• Do you know the difference between a strike off and a lab dip?   Answer Question
    • What types of mills and factories have your worked with before?   1 Answer

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FAM Brands.

Interview

Applied online, received an email to set up a phone interview with the company recruiter.

The phone interview lasted about ten minutes, and I was asked to deliver a "Test" for the position "ASAP". They ask for the designs of an email, landing page and package insert (THREE PIECES!) Yet, I thought this was a great way to see the work of a candidate.

I delivered the test on the same day as requested, it took me about six hours to complete.

And, guess what? Never heard from them, not even a cordial " Thank you for your time" email. I believe that if you are asking for time and effort from a prospective candidate, the minimum your Hiring Department can do is to reply acknowledging the aplicants for their work.

You can make your own conclusion about this company.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked, just to deliever a Test, ASAP.   Answer Question

Senior Product Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at FAM Brands (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

Applied through Indeed.com. Post my resume. Received an email within 48 hours asking to schedule a phone interview via their online portal which was convenient because you can see when the recruiter and you are both available. Got my phone call within 4 minutes of the scheduled time. Interviewer was energetic and initially polite, dove right into general background about the company and what they were looking for. Asked me if I had related experience, etc...I must have not thrilled him with my responses because when asked if I had any questions, the phone call dropped and the recruiter made no effort to reconnect. I wait for a call back. I called their mainline but couldn't get through. I emailed him and no response. Honestly, I couldn't wait around all day so I went back to work. So I guess that's a "no". Like, I've been in this industry long enough to know that recruiters and HR are not always going to be polite enough to give you a call back/ pass you feedback or even reply to an application-- but this was a new level of rude.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with factories in China, India, and Bangladesh?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any experience with athletic apparel?   1 Answer

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bell, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FAM Brands (Bell, CA).

Interview

Took a couple of weeks to get a time scheduled. Met with the head of design and one other person. everyone was very friendly in the process, and I had an offer within a couple days.

Interview Questions

• Please show us the collection you put together for the brand.   1 Answer
    • Walk us through how you would apply a design using CAD and a Wacom tablet on a MAC.   Answer Question