FEV Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FEV Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FEV (Auburn Hills, MI).

Interview

It was great, Initially, i was nervous and mentioned that to the Interviewer when he greeted me. He made me comfortable with the place and we basically had a long chat about engines. They started the questions with basic principles and the questions continued according to my answers.

Engineering Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FEV.

Interview

It was a phone interview which took about 30 minutes where they talked mostly about my resume, skills and background. Explained about the position and the responsibilities and requirements. Asked questions pertinent to the job like on combustion, generic engine related questions about common injection pressures, engine physical dimensions and their relation to advanced combustion modes. Interview was easy paced, and they tried to find out about my ability to do the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FEV in August 2015.

Interview

Round 1 - Phone Interview with HR
    Round 2 - Phone Interview with Manager

The HR screen was on Tuesday Morning, basically about how long am available for internship and about my previous work experience. The interview with manager was on Wednesday morning, which was very technical discussing about my knowledge on Diesel engines and their working. I briefly explained about my knowledge with diesel engine and he seemed to be satisfied with the discussion.On Friday noon I got a call from HR informing me that I have been recruited for the internship.

Interview Questions

• Based on previous work experience, the manager asked technical questions   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FEV.

Interview

Easy going, straightforward, part precise and part exploratory. Interviewers were easy to talk to. Phone screen and face to face was with same set of people. They tried to gauge technical insight and depth of understanding and then also tried to assess leadership ability/thought process.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to understand MATLAB flowcharts? What kind of engine testing activities have you worked with or are familiar with? Also asked questions pertinent to the job applied for or relevant to their team.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FEV in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was simple and only 15 minutes long. The manager basically went over my resume and asked questions related to my academic projects. There were couple of behavioral questions. After the interview, the HR got back to me in 3 days with the offer. FEV typically gives 3 days to accept or decline the offer.

Interview Questions

• Effects of injection pressure on emissions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no option to negotiate for the internship. The pay rate and PTO accrual rate is standard for the company.

Engineering Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FEV in November 2014.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly and courteous, questions were about academic history and based on my resume. I received the offer within a couple of days. However, they offered a low wage, so I wrote to the HR asking for a better pay. I am waiting for them to get back to me on the offer.

I wrote back asking for a better pay, I hope to hear back from them in a week.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FEV (Auburn Hills, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

Take a selfie for a Visitor's pass and it was a straight to a 1:1 Meeting with the Manager Mark. Interview was very straight forward as he went over Company Details, Work Life, and answered any Questions. He went through my Resume and inquired about Qualifications, Previous Work Experience. He is very kind and enlightening. Apart from this meeting, any other contact I had was a few emails from Recruiting & HR through email.

Interview Questions

• It was a very straight forward Interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Terms were already exactly to My Wishes; Very quick process - Hired within a week.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FEV in April 2014.

Interview

Mostly all questions are related to your Resume and past experience, if any. Questions related to your current project and interests. If doing a thesis project , then please be prepared for the questions related to them. The interviewers Brief you about the work expected out of an intern.

Negotiation

No negotiation at all.....

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FEV (Auburn Hills, MI) in April 2013.

Interview

Talked to FEV at a job fair, gave them my resume, and got a call. Came in for an interview, pretty straightforward. The only gripe I would have about the interview process is that they really did not give a good enough explanation of what FEV does, and it would have been nice if they showed the prospective employee around the place to have them get a feel for whether it's for them.

Interview Questions

• The interview was very straightforward and there were no curveballs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no opportunity for negotiation. Unfortunately, Engineering Assistants are kind of just there for FEV to profit on poorly managed projects.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FEV in March 2013.

Interview

Got a call from Sr Technical Recruiter on Monday to schedule a telephonic interview on friday. Interview was for 30 minutes. Mostly I was asked to describe my technical experiences in detail. No difficult questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation. Fixed hourly rate!