FINRA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FINRA Interview Questions

Updated May 7, 2017

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FINRA.

Interview

Got a mail to interview with them after application. Day before interview received a mail with apologies that position is already filled up. They didn't even give a chance to interview.

Legal Extern Interview

Interview

The interview was very smooth. They asked some technical questions as the position requires. However since the interview was just for an externship, the main skills they were looking for was legal research and analysis. Overall they were very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background and why you want to apply for this particular position?   Answer Question

Human Resources Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FINRA (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Long - met with a lot of people at once. Was generally very positive but very very very technical and in-depth situational questions. Asked several questions different ways to see how I would answer. Brought in an examiner so she, too, could assess my skills and qualifications.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FINRA (New York, NY).

Interview

1 phone interview, got face to face interview in 1 week. Then 1 face to face 3 hours interview(3 rounds, 2 interviewer per round), most of interviewer are team members. Got offer in 2-3 days.

Interview Questions

• Algorithm, Behaviour questions and Couple of Test cases ideas   Answer Question

Regulatory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FINRA (Rockville, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted to interview about two weeks later. After an initial chat with an HR person, we scheduled an interview in Rockville with three pretty senior people. I felt it was a great environment and the interview was well directed towards explaining what the job would be like, how my skills would work in that context, as well as seeing if I was a fit on a personal level. Although I did not get an offer, I felt good enough about the process and the people I met, as well as the work they described that I am still interested in FINRA.

Interview Questions

• It was actually hard to answer where I saw myself in ten years - I am often asked about five in interviews, but I really got stumped by this relatively innocuous question as applied to a longer timeframe.   1 Answer

Examiner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FINRA in January 2017.

Interview

The first interview consists of 4 (managers and directors) in one meeting room. Second interview was 2 senior directors in the same room. They asked a lot of questions.. each interview lasted an hour. It was mostly behavioral and I believe the technique they use is to see if you have similar skills of what it takes to think like an examiner. Know your resume, they asked me about every single line and how I went about it. It was easy but also feels like an interrogation as well. Questions coming from left and right from the interviewers... be ready to know how to talk about every one of responsibilities you had at your previous employers. Be confident with your responses, it was nerve wrecking but time passed by so quickly talking to all of them.

Interview Questions

• If you had to conduct an exam, and the person is unresponsive and unable to prove information. What do you do?   Answer Question
    • When do you feel like is a good time to reach out to your manager about an issue regarding an exam? (List some scenarios)   Answer Question
    • Why FINRA? What do you know about us and what we do?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked with someone difficult and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Give me a few important words about you that will make me remember you as a strong candidate.   Answer Question
    • What do you see yourself doing in the near future ?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked with financial statements and how comfortable are you with it? Give me a few times you had to assess financial statements and how did you analyze them?   Answer Question
    • What are the risks you have assessed in your role as __________?   Answer Question
    • Please explain the steps you took when you analyzed (a work product) at your previous employer. What was the result?   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave your previous employer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Take it or leave it kind of thing.

Associate Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FINRA (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and contacted a recruiter. Invited to career day. Had presentations from Human Resources and 2 45 minute interviews, with two managers in each. Basic behavioral questions and questions about my resume and school. There 7 or 8 other applicants, they accepted 6.

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FINRA (Rockville, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

First, there was a phone screen. Next, you come in for an in person interview. The interview involves talking to various developers and is a typical technical interview. White boarding.

4 interviewers. 3 were engaging. 1 was very rude, to the point that if it wasn't an interview, he would be put on full blast.

Interview Questions

• Resume questions. Questions on OOP.

1. Can a method with the same return type be overridden? Why, why not?
      2. You have 8 balls, all the same weight but 1, which is lighter. How do you find the outlier?
      3. How to count unique characters in a string.
      4. Determine if a string has balanced braces.
      1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FINRA (New York, NY).

Interview

Thorough. Behavioral as well as questions about my background and experience. An hour being questioned by four directors. At the end they admitted they had a lot of internal interest and probably would hire from within the company. Never heard from HR.

Interview Questions

• what would you do to aid in employee retention?   1 Answer

Interview

First the recruiter will ask to take two online test. Once you get passed, then there will be a phone interview. The duration for the phone interview is about 1 hour. After phone interview, according to your performance, there will be a Face2Face interview.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: Introduce your past project. Some Java and SQL fundamental questions. A scenario to examine how will you test. A logical question.   Answer Question