FINRA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FINRA Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2018

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FINRA (Washington, DC).

Interview

Interview process was time consuming. Met with several current employees, when one or two would have been sufficient, as no additional insight about the position or work environment provided. After several interviews and extremely encouraging feedback, mislead about receiving an offer.

Extreme lack of professional courtesy in failing to notify candidate of withdrawal of offer/non-offer within timeframe given by interviewer.

Interview Questions

• General questions not related to job tasks. No interest in what skills I could bring to the job.   Answer Question

Associate Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FINRA in February 2012.

Interview

Only got through the phone interview. The interviewer had a strong accent and I had difficulty understanding his questions. They were mainly java- and linux-related. I didn't get an offer because I didn't interpret his questions correctly. For example, I thought he asked me, "What is the pail command in linux?" When he really asked me "what is the tail command in linux?" Bummer.

Associate Principal Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FINRA (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

The hiring process is online followed by several interviews. Drug test and writing test are also done.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FINRA (Rockville, MD) in April 2011.

Interview

Got a phone from the headhunter. I passed a simple phone screen. Then FINRA assigned a technical test about multi-threading to me. I passed it and got the on-site interview. The on-site interview took about 4 hours. There were continuous group interviews. They asked my about my background and experience. In addition, they also asked me about Hibernate, inner/outer joins, garbage collection, thread accumulation, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at FINRA (Rockville, MD) in February 2018.

Interview

The manager took a very long time(almost 40 days) to do the interview process. Initially a phone screening was set but they cancelled it and asked me to do an assignment which involved more of front-end. After submitting the assignment, again they took a very long time to schedule the phone interview, after the phone interview, they asked my schedule to set up for in person interview, I gave my available time from the choice they gave me. But they did not confirm the interview till the last minute and then scheduled it one week later.

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FINRA (Rockville, MD) in December 2011.

Interview

Very fast. Phone interview then skill test and called for on site in 2 days

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FINRA (Rockville, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

The manager first ask me to tell him about myself and than as me few questions thru my resume. At the end, hi ask if i have any questions to him, and tell me a little bit about their company. Interview took 30-40 min.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FINRA (Rockville, MD) in August 2018.

Interview

Was reached out to by a recruiter to work as a contract-to-hire software engineer at FINRA. There was a technical phone screen then they brought me onsite for a 3ish hour set of interviews with multiple different people or groups. Some of it was just run down on their team, while other parts were more technical white-boarding, concerning joins and standard Java questions. The team was a little honest that the role wasn't very sexy, and they what the recruiter told me was not exactly correct in that it would be far SQL testing and not so much building.

Some of it was more along the lines of brain teasers while other parts was working through a problem. Generally seemed disjointed and they gave off they vibe they needed someone. No real talk of culture of why to work there.

Interview Questions

• Can you implement/talk about what happens with a new Hashcode for a mock class?   Answer Question
    • Can you draw out a SQL query for this problem?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FINRA (Rockville, MD) in July 2012.

Interview

A staffing agency scheduled a phone interview.
    A hiring manager called for a phone interview. The interview lasted 30 minutes. This was a technical questions interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with enterprise search platforms? How big were the databases you worked with?   1 Answer
    • Do you have an expert level knowledge in Spring framework? What components of the Spring framework have you used? Have you worked with Hibernate transactions? What type of cache does Hibernate use?   Answer Question
    • Tell about yourself. In what type of projects have you participated? What was the most challenging project?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at FINRA in October 2018.

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter and got an phone interview after one week. The process take one week and you need to prepare for a lot of work on your resume details.

Interview Questions

• Do you know about the front end technology and what's the different in angular, react, vue, and what's the component?   Answer Question
    • Do you know about the tree algorithm and if you want to reach all the nodes in the tree, what are the algorithm and the data structure.   Answer Question
    • Do you know about JavaScript and what's the different between syn and asyn?   Answer Question
    • Do you know about python and how to use panda package?   Answer Question