FINRA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FINRA Interview Questions

Interviews at FINRA

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at FINRA.

Interview

Interview was a great experience. I had an initial hour long video interview. The interviewer was extremely friendly. I was invited for an in person interview the following week and had 3 different interviews with a group of 2 folks each time. It lasted for 3 hours. All the interviewers were very knowledgeable, friendly and thorough. The questions asked during the interview were relevant and technical.

Interview Questions

• Logical programming questions (white boarding), Test data, Test processes, Project related questions (past experience), Agile process, a little of database.   Answer Question

Examiner Interview

Interview

Behaviorals were mostly what were askesd but overall was smooth. practice behaviorals and youre good. interview phase was very fast, didnt take long to get thru the rounds. Recieved offer within 30 daysof applying

Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FINRA (New York, NY) in June 2020.

Interview

There was a high level of professionalism that started with Human Resource department and continued with the interviews. There was a personal relationship throughout the process and this was so refreshing to experience.

Internal Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FINRA.

Interview

New scheduler set me up for wrong interview. I had to confirm the date and time. I was sent an interview time with someone else's information. I went along with the interview anyway.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at FINRA (Bellevue, WA) in May 2020.

Interview

The hunter fond me and submitted my resume to the hr.
    Had a short interview with hr. They sent me some materials to prepare for the interview.
    Scheduled a Phone screen. There are two interviewers for this one round.

Interview Questions

• Core java knowledge.
      Find largest/ 2nd largest number in an array   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FINRA (Rockville, MD) in May 2020.

Interview

Basic questions, behavioral mostly. First phone screen with a recruiter and then a virtual 2 on 1 with a manager/director. They tell you about the job you would do as an analyst and try piecing together if you would be a good fit from previous experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to do something that wasn’t part of your usual job and how you succeeded   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FINRA (Washington, DC) in April 2020.

Interview

I had two rounds. First-round was one on one with a member of the team that was seeking a someone to fill the position. Lasted about 30 mins. Got a second round which has the same interviewer, but this time additional people from the team came in and out randomly to ask me questions and I suppose "feel me out". Lasted about 2 hours with a mixture of coding questions, skills I know, and just talking about myself. No one smiled, and the facial expressions don't hide back anything.

Interview Questions

• How do you reverse an integer in java? For example, 1234 into 4321.   1 Answer
    • Asked me about bash commands, Unix, if I know JS, APIs, "what happens behind the scenes when you go to google.com", Big O notation for popular algorithms, the last projects I've worked on.... and many more questions   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boyds, MD

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at FINRA (Boyds, MD) in April 2020.

Interview

The hiring manager was late to the interview and very condescending in her questioning. It was after an initial interview with a recruiter. After this interview I withdrew my application.

Interview Questions

• How did you learn how to be a lawyer?   1 Answer

Senior Compliance Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at FINRA in April 2020.

Interview

First touchpoint was with an internal recruiter/HR who set me up with a video interview with 5+ members within compliance. Interview was broken up into two parts, the first being me explaining my job background and discussing more technical parts of the role, followed by behaviorals/general questions. Interview went fairly smoothly and professionally and the role seemed like something I would enjoy and was well-prepared to take on. I sent a thank you letter afterwards to the recruiter, then reached out to the recruiter again a couple of weeks later, but with no responses at all and no rejection email nearly two months later I have to assume I wasn't offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Is there anyone in your past work history who dislikes you?   Answer Question

Extern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FINRA (New York, NY).

Interview

Took awhile to be called for an interview after applying. But then was brought in quickly and met with 1 interviewer. I heard back within a month and then was given under a week to accept/deny.

Interview Questions

• My experience and understanding of securities regulation   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FINRA.

Interview

Not sure about other role, but as Business Analyst, you need to meet with the team members from every other function, development team, QC team, delivery managers and senior managers. Overall there aren't hard questions, but also no questions related to the skillsets or traits they claim they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• What would your manager say about you? If your manager suggests to improve something, what would it be?   Answer Question