FLIR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FLIR (Billerica, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I had three phone calls . One with HR and one with engineering manager. Than i had one with engineering that i would be working side by side with. After the last phone call they called me in for an in person meeting.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at FLIR (Washington, DC).

Interview

Good interviews with various folks in the company hierarchy. Questions were straightforward and sensible.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you were go about cracking the "X" market in the federal government.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal. I was pleased with the offer.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FLIR (Wilsonville, OR) in October 2017.

Interview

Process:
    - Applied Online (friend shared my resume internally at same time)
    - Called for phone screen in less than a week from applying, which was conducted by HR
    - Phone interview with hiring mgr (same week)
    - In person interviews with several people as well as HR and hiring mgr (week after phone interviews)
    - In person interviews with 5 additional people at remote site (week after above in person interviews)
    - Notified approximately 1.5 weeks after last interviews that someone else had been selected for position

Positives:
    - From initial application to decision was pretty quick compared to what other companies seem to take in the hiring process
    - Everyone interviewed with was professional and focused on finding a good fit for the job and company. I enjoyed talking with everyone I met with and they helped to provide insight into the company which I require to determine if a good fit.
    - Coordination for all that the process entailed was handled well.

Improvement needed:
    - For the amount of time put in by the company and staff, as well as myself, a call to get the news would have been appreciated.
    **After 4 weeks and 12 interviews (2 phone and 10 in person with 10 people, including trip to remote site) getting a notification via email was unexpected. I am not sure if was just to get the word back quickly to me, or if is standard process. I hope was just the desire to notify my quickly though....

In general was a very good process and experience other than the final notification.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at this company?   2 Answers

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FLIR (Norcross, GA) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn in the month of October 2017. I got mail from Talent Talent Acquisition Partner in the month of December 2017. The first round was self -intro, behavior questions, and basic networking questions. The second round was skype-interview, it was technical mainly asked about stereo-cameras & networking questions. After the second round had assessment test. I guess I didn't clear it.

Interview Questions

• why this company? why do you want to work as technical support? what do you know about the company? what is TCP, UDP, SNMP, & other protocols?   Answer Question
    • The assessment question was about trace Wireshark for the given scenario? troubleshoot of n/w? In your own words, suggest the smarter way to adjust stereo camera height?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billerica, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FLIR (Billerica, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

Short interview with about five employees 15 minutes each. Each employee was manager level or higher. We had a friendly and comfortable discussion regarding past projects.

Interview Questions

• Straight forward, first interview. Mostly a greet and meet.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FLIR (Alpharetta, GA) in July 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with HR, Hiring Manager, C Level, Manager.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Short, they wouldn't budge.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FLIR (Goleta, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by one of the engineering project managers. We took a tour of the facility before sitting down for a brief, 30 minute interview. He showed me how the camera systems were built, some of the hi-tech pieces, and the office spaces. The questioning seemed to be more about how I think, vs what I knew. It was only for an internship position though.

Interview Questions

• Why are man hole covers round?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Billerica, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FLIR (North Billerica, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for the job, got called in two weeks after. 4 Engineers and 1HR were conducted one-on-one interview. It was straight forward interview, asked questions about what I do in school and my projects. Showed them my project and what I do as well as previous intern experience was helpful.

Interview Questions

• Draw an Inverting amplifier with 10 gain   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billerica, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FLIR (Billerica, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

I had one on one with 5 people 15-30 mins each, first was hiring manager and the rest were all engineers ( they are all friendly) . Hiring manager did not say anything much just went over the interviewing process. Engineers asked general questions like what was my courses were like, what did i do.

Interview Questions

• Last engineer asked if I could show them inverting amplifier with gain of 10? It was straight forward question and simple question but i staggered a little, because i was not sure if he was serious or not.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FLIR (Goleta, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied and got called in. Fairly easy behavioral interview in front of a group of 4 Electrical Engineers. There was zero stress and expectations because this was my first internship.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FLIR (Portland, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview scheduling was a bit chaotic. Eventually an on-site meeting was scheduled and I went out there, but it was a very quick turn around time from go to show. I really jumped through some hoops and put myself at risk to get there when they asked. Then one of the key interviewers didn't show up. I knew it was over when they didn't even schedule a phone call with him.

Ultimately they went with an internal candidate. I was actually insulted by this. First time I felt like this in over a decade about an interview. I'm easy going normally. As an executive, I wen tout of my way to not waste external people's time, especially on a long flight, if I had an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• How do you like to interface and update your boss?   Answer Question
    • Describe your favorite boss and explain why they were your favorite?   Answer Question