FTC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FTC Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2017

2.6

Summer Law Clerk Interview

Interview

Interviewed with person who would be head of the law clerks during the summer. Normal interview with normal questions about resume and what I wanted to gain from the summer. Discussed what I would be involved in and what I could learn and do.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTC (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very straight forward, they had a copy of my old resume so I made sure to include an updated copy. Was with the main superior of the department, he asked basic questions about my skill set and I was hired on.

Interview Questions

• How do you relate your private contract experience to the government?   Answer Question

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTC (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by phone screen and then sat down with a supervising attorney. They asked about my past experiences and what I was hoping to get out of the process. They were very casual and I think cared about whether it was a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What classes have you taken that relate to the position?   Answer Question

Honors Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FTC (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

I was not in Washington, DC so they were very flexible with my schedule and the fact that I needed a phone conversation. With the FTC it was love at first phone call because the way that they interview was my style. They are friendly and professional without being too rigid. I had a few interviews with different offices/bureaus until I was placed in one that was a good fit for me. While it took two months to be offered the interview, once I completed the interview it was a smooth/quick process to employment. Be patient and be persistent! Very basic interview questions but they seem to be very good at weeding out the weaklings. If you are unprepared they will know so do some interview practice if you feel insecure.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTC.

Interview

I had two phone calls. One with a paralegal in the office I would be working in, and one with the Deputy Executive Director. They were both phone calls asking behavioral questions, and experiences I had working with different groups of people.

Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FTC (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

Panel interview after 2 phone interviews. Interview lasted on phone for about 20 minutes. In period panel interview lasted 1 hour. Requested references and performance reviews about 2 weeks after interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FTC.

Interview

Easy process easy going - this place seemed to have a good work place environment as soon as I walked in the door. A lot of attorneys telecommunicate, so not very much activity in the office.

Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FTC (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

I met with the Intern program manager and another administrative staff member for about 15 minutes. It was all very informal really, just a casual getting to know you conversation to find out what I was looking for out of the internship, and why I thought I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to get out of this experience?   1 Answer

FTC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTC (Washington, DC) in September 2014.

Interview

Some simple questions, nothing too heavy. Was an initial on campus interview. Only took 30 minutes. There were a few questions about my interest in trade and things of that sort, but there was no specifics

Interview Questions

• Asked about experiences and why I wanted to work at FTC; nothing out of the ordinary. Talked a lot about what they do there, and how they do it.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FTC (Washington, DC).

Interview

Two interviews were conducted, and both were behavioral interview questions. It is an entry level position so there is nothing out of the ordinary about the questions asked.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because the salary was higher than my previous salary. However, I have heard that negotiations occur and salaries are settled on with little push back (so long as the number ranges with in the General Schedule (GS) step system.