FXFowle Architects PC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at FXFowle Architects PC

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FXFowle Architects PC (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

3 weeks from online submission of resume to request for interview. Interview was exceedingly formal and antagonistic in tone, with two departmental interviewers plus an HR interviewer in a 3 vs. 1 setup. Clearly the 2 departmental interviewers had not read my resume before arriving in the interview conference room. Interviewers were laser-focused on whether or not I had highly specialized experience with what their position entailed precisely, despite the fact it was an ENTRY-level role. It struck me as uncreative and stubborn, uninterested in learning more about me as a teammate and co-worker. I got such a bad vibe I rescinded my application right after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the value of projects of past RFPs in the residential sector you've submitted and successfully won? How many of these RFPs did you take the lead on rather than support?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FXFowle Architects PC in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was with a principle in the firm and he/she would really help you understand the office and what you get so definitely a plus on that. You are required to show the portfolio and they will take it and review it back with other principles of the office.

Interview Questions

• The skills that you are capable of; what you want to do in the future; LEED etc.   Answer Question

SummerArchitect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FXFowle Architects PC (Ithaca, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Started by presenting a little bit of my background and my interests in Architecture. We briefly reviewed my portfolio and talked about different roles that I could take in the firm. Interviewer was not interactive and didn't seem to care as much about the interview. When asked questions, interviewer would give vague answers. The whole interview was such a boring 1:1 talk, and honestly made me lose my desire to work for this firm.

Interview Questions

• What kind of architecture design do you see yourself taking in the future?
      What is your favorite project from FXFowle
      Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FXFowle Architects PC.

Interview

Multiple interviews with the different studios in order to define the right fit for project types, role, and skill level. The interviewers were always very professional, honest about the culture of the office, and had a good personality. They were genuinely interested in my potential contribution to the office, which showed that they take hiring as a serious effort. They were looking for active team members willing to do more than just their assigned tasks, but also contribute positively to the office culture.