Fairchild Semiconductor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Portland, ME

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor (South Portland, ME) in January 2016.

Interview

I didn't see much difficulty in the hiring process and it was all well planned and went through accordingly. The whole process ended in 7-10 days since they were looking for a quick guy to join. On the day of interview i was bit nervous but when I took the call, the interviewer made me to feel good and it went all good. Later two days i got the confirmation call.

Interview Questions

• How Strong You're at Front End technologies?   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor (Portland, ME) in May 2010.

Interview

I applied online for this position. Few days later a received a call from HR asking for a phone interview. The phone interview panel consisted of the Hiring Manager and Lead Engineer. I was asked few technical questions and questions related to my background. The phone interview went well and I flew next week to Portland, Maine for an in person interview. The interview went on for 4-5 hours. I was asked a lot of basic electronics questions and questions related to my background. I was asked to demonstrate my hands on skills in the lab. At the end , HR asked me a series of behavioral questions. Unlike the phone interview, this did not go well and I was rejected two week later.

Interview Questions

• None. Be prepared to defend your work. Have a clear understand of their product line. Be prepared to answer a lot of basic electronics questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Started with a phone interview where I was asked about my projects, some questions on Python (associative arrays), commands in Linux to open,edit,close,copy a file etc., differences between function & task, questions on tools listed on my resume.
    Questions asked onsite - setup/hold time, interrupts, level shifters, synchronous/asynchronous design.
    Interviewers were very friendly and it was a good experience overall.

Information Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

very nice and very easy
    the HR is decent and the HM is a pH.D and very experienced manager. he ask some technical questions. The process is very smooth. the HR is decent and the HM is a pH.D and very experienced manager. he ask some technical questions. The process is very smooth.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor.

Interview

Interview candidates seem to be touched by too many different people in the company before they join the company. The interview process is long and drawn out. I was contacted by the HR recruiter, scheduler and hiring manager at times, and it wasn't clear who led/owned the hiring process. This confusion continued with the offer and my first day of orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation with regard to my offer.

Analog IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor (Bedford, NH) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview took almost three hours, each engineer asked for one hour followed by a presentation to their group. They asked many basic questions on analog circuits like non inverting amplifier, buck converter, amplifier design. Most of questions are not too difficult. They also looked at my resume and asked on projects that I have done, especially related to power management SOC.

Interview Questions

• We have lunch right now, you are welcome to join us   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

Met with 6 people who I would be working on a daily basis including the HR manager. They asked key questions about my work experience and how it applies towards my job. People were very pleasant during the interview. I also spoke with the HR manager for about an hour. he was very informative about companies direction.

Interview Questions

• How do you see fitting into Fairchild's culture?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2009.

Interview

1:1 and group interviews

Interview Questions

• Liked to ask interview questions like why is a man hole cover round?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor in July 2010.

Interview

First phone interview with HR to answer availability and reason for leaving present job.
    Next, the on site interview.
    For this position, all the questions are mainly 3 technical questions. Usually they start with 2 simple questions that the 2 year Engineer should be able to answer. The third one is the most challenging. I have a feeling that some of them are looking for other perspectives to this problem. There could be many solutions however, based on fundamentals; it is geared toward more open discussion and thought process.
    The offer came within a week; very impressed

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your present position?   1 Answer

FAE Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

While there was a decent number of interviews (5) It was not adversarial. Everyone was very professional and was just trying to determine competency and personality fit. It was not grueling in the details nor was it a hard sell. They truly seem to want competent employees with a solid attitude that can help them succeed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I utilized my experience level to increase non-compensation benefits