Fairchild Semiconductor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fairchild Semiconductor Interview Questions

2.8

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Portland, ME

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor (South Portland, ME) in January 2016.

Interview

I didn't see much difficulty in the hiring process and it was all well planned and went through accordingly. The whole process ended in 7-10 days since they were looking for a quick guy to join. On the day of interview i was bit nervous but when I took the call, the interviewer made me to feel good and it went all good. Later two days i got the confirmation call.

Interview Questions

• How Strong You're at Front End technologies?   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Lots of 1on1 technical interview as expected throughout the day. The HR person was very nice, and the interviewers were kind as well. The interview was all analog, except for 1 digital guy who asked about my Verilog experience. Most of the analog questions were straightforward.

Interview Questions

• typical questions. differential pair, op-amp, current mirrors, transistor sizing   Answer Question

ION IMPLANT TECH Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor.

Interview

Great company and the team is even greater. they will recognize you that you are an employee. not a tool. my interview asking about your work experiences, education, what can you contribute to the company

Interview Questions

• asking about your work experiences, education, what can you contribute to the company.   Answer Question

Process Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Portland, ME

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor (South Portland, ME) in July 2015.

Interview

First phone interview. When selected then on site interview. Not too many technical questions , more behavioral questions. Was a good experience , the mangers make you feel comfortable. Made the offer in 2 weeks. Did not negotiate on salary as this is my first job.

Interview Questions

• Basic question on CMOS process Process flow and few behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Interview

phone interview first. Interview dinner before an onsite interview. The onsite interview takes around 6 hours. People are very nice. First talk with HR manager with some non tech question. Then the fabrication manager and fab manager for the tech question. Finally, give the presentation. Short, casual talk at the end with HR manager.

Interview Questions

• Basic question on the resume. Go over the fabrication process and detail based on your experience. If you have a honest resume, you are fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor.

Interview

Interview candidates seem to be touched by too many different people in the company before they join the company. The interview process is long and drawn out. I was contacted by the HR recruiter, scheduler and hiring manager at times, and it wasn't clear who led/owned the hiring process. This confusion continued with the offer and my first day of orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation with regard to my offer.

Intern Interview

Interview

Started with a phone interview where I was asked about my projects, some questions on Python (associative arrays), commands in Linux to open,edit,close,copy a file etc., differences between function & task, questions on tools listed on my resume.
    Questions asked onsite - setup/hold time, interrupts, level shifters, synchronous/asynchronous design.
    Interviewers were very friendly and it was a good experience overall.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Be prepared to describe your experience and how you can deliver similar results in the new role. Be sure to research the company history and products, behavior-based interview approach

Analog IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor (Bedford, NH) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview took almost three hours, each engineer asked for one hour followed by a presentation to their group. They asked many basic questions on analog circuits like non inverting amplifier, buck converter, amplifier design. Most of questions are not too difficult. They also looked at my resume and asked on projects that I have done, especially related to power management SOC.

Interview Questions

• We have lunch right now, you are welcome to join us   1 Answer

Global Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor.

Interview

It was a rather rigorous interview process. A total of five interviews, only one face to face. Each person was from a different department and had a different set of questions.

Interview Questions

• There were so many questions, I wasn't expecting to have samples of my current reports to share.   Answer Question