Faithlife Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Faithlife Interview Questions

Interviews at Faithlife

2.8

Outbound Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Faithlife in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and they offered to consider me for another position. I ended up being offered a job about a month after my initial contact. In all, I had 3 interviews. First, one was a very basic personality interview. Second, was additional personality questions as well as questions pertaining to the position. The second interview also included a test portion. I was given a typing test, as well as a Bible knowledge quiz, and a few extensive math word problems. In addition, I was asked to rewrite a couple lengthy emails. This interview took about 2.5 hours in all. The third one was an executive interview and that was nerve-racking but lasted only 15 minutes and I was offered the job immediately afterwards which was a relief. Put in the time to do your research and be prepared to give honest and concise answers.

Interview Questions

• Why are you sitting in the middle of the couch.   2 Answers
    • Do you use an iPhone?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Faithlife in October 2016.

Interview

Applied at Faithlife in October 2016. Received an interview request within a week, interviewed over Skype at Faithlife's Bellingham office in October 2016. The interviewer seemed pretty disinterested and asked very simple OOP questions, random Java-specific questions. Apart from the string counting, no real algorithm questions or problem solving. The whole interview seems like it would be incredibly easy for a dev with even a little bit of experience, as long as you brush up on your Java and OOP (which I didn't).

Interview Questions

• What does the final keyword do in Java?

What's the difference between a list and set?

What is a switch statement and why use it?

What's the difference between an interface and an abstract class?

Given a file of strings (line delimited), how would you determine the string that occurs most frequently?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Faithlife in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with Faithlife after talking to them at a career fair through my school. There was a presentation of their software/company and then a 3 on 1 interview afterwards. Interview was about 30 minutes. The interview was about half trivia/talking about yourself/experience, and half the coding portion.

Interview Questions

• Find lowest number in an array and find an element in a binary tree.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Faithlife (Bellingham, WA) in March 2018.

Interview

I started with a screening email then moved onto a video interview. It was a friendly interview that focused on technical questions rather than application questions. The company seemed to have a pretty relaxed culture.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Faithlife in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was preceded by a phone screen. Then about two weeks later I had a video interview with three engineers. It was straightforward and they asked me questions that were not very difficult, but I was caught off guard on the level of specificity they asked for. They first asked about my background, then jumped into technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What could I do to speedup a mergesort over a very large list?   1 Answer

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Azusa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Faithlife (Azusa, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I was asked to describe my strengths and weaknesses, as well as solve several programming problems to show my expertise with different data structures and basic software design. The problems ranged from simple recursion to complex tree traversal. Following that, I was asked what my specific area of expertise in computer science was.

Special Projects Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Faithlife (Bellingham, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied and didn't hear anything for a very long time. Once I got the phone interview the entire process was about 6 weeks for two additional interviews. That included a final interview with the CEO and VP.

Interview Questions

• Name 5 contemporary Christian authors   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Faithlife in April 2013.

Interview

Was only contacted to do two 1:1 phone interviews that were each very brief. These were each more like an initial screening, both with different teams to see where fit might be better. I thought the first went awful, and the second went okay. I was pretty shocked to get the offer!

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Faithlife (Bellingham, WA).

Interview

Phone screen, in-person, another in-person group interview. Unorganized group interview, everyone seemed on different pages and was hammering out questions. Seemed extremely scattered and conducted unprofessional hiring practices. Wasn't impressed at all.

Undefined Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Faithlife (Bellingham, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

There was a well managed 3 step interview process. 1. a one on one personal screening 2. an interview with dept. heads and managers discussing abilities and expectations 3. an interview with CEO and Vice President where a few short and to the point questions were asked, seemingly just enough for them to determine if there were any glaring red flags. Maybe this last 3rd step is a bit of a policy that they developed and comply with, but I'd determine that steps 1 and 2 were the primary opportunities to sell yourself. For the most part I would assume after step 2 they knew if they wanted to hire you or not. It seemed to be a pretty thorough process that helps the company be able to do a good job of vetting a potential employee. Though on the job seeker end, the process did take some time.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage stressful situations   1 Answer

Negotiation

It went well. Short and sweet and willing to negotiate.