Family Christian Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Family Christian Stores Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Family Christian Stores (Lombard, IL).

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. My resume was reviewed and questions were asked based off of my resume. I was also asked what I could contribute to the team that worked there and responded as so. Overall, the interview was fairly enjoyable and the manager was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• What is the company's mission?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Christian Stores (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

quick and painless interview. I was able to talk to the DM and then to a store manager and it was pretty much over with after that. Probably the best interview that I have ever put in. Not much more to say.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greeley, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Christian Stores (Greeley, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

They had a hiring fair. I already submitted my application a few weeks in advance. Went in early and had a group interview (store manager with four applicants including myself). Manager seems really friendly and the interview process was relaxed, fun, and easy.

Interview Questions

• What if someone came in saying "Your God is not real", how would you respond?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Family Christian Stores (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

It was a general interview the interviewer asked if I knew that the stores are not for profit , talked about hours being based on how many of the donations you get a customers to give (basically commission) , and interviewer made it very clear that you had to work Sundays.

Interview Questions

• Do you know the partners or ministries we are connected too, and the main goal of the stores?   1 Answer

The lack of flexibility.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Family Christian Stores (Orlando, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Thorough and positive; was asked very thought provoking questions regarding my relationship with Christ and how I see myself contributing to the kingdom of God. It was a very positive experience to go through!

Interview Questions

• What am I passionate about in ministry?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Family Christian Stores (Waco, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was easy. As well quick about get to me. But, if you know somebody working at company you almost get an instant interview. Interviewer asks questions such as "why did you choose to work with us" and "how hard of a worker are you?" fairly easy questions.

Sales Associate (Partner) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Family Christian Stores (Waterloo, IA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fair and appropriately conducted. The Manager was pleasant and focused on what skills I could bring to their company and shared what they were looking for in an employee as well. Expectations and rules were shared as well as some of their policies. This was an overall pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my experience and skill level for the job.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Family Christian Stores (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

It was straight forward and routine. The DM interview went very well. Clear expectations were present on both sides. Was offered the job on the spot pending a background check. That process took less than 1 week. I was in the store within two weeks of the interview. The DM was very accommodating to my need to give a two weeks notice. I did not have to interview with the regional VP, though it is my understanding that is normally part of this process.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for them.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Family Christian Stores.

Interview

I had 3 phone interviews! 2 with DM and 1 with regional manager. Then a face to face interview with DM at the location I was going to manage. DM asked what I would do to change this store around.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Told GM what I wanted and received.

Sales Associate (Partner) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Christian Stores (Chesterfield, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a pretty straightforward process, basic questions, etc. Mostly they wanted to know if I had any customer service experience, what hours I could work, and talked to me about the company itself. It was an easy interview, and I was offered a job immediately, though it took a couple weeks for me to start working.