Family Christian Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Family Christian Stores (Orlando, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Thorough and positive; was asked very thought provoking questions regarding my relationship with Christ and how I see myself contributing to the kingdom of God. It was a very positive experience to go through!

Interview Questions

• What am I passionate about in ministry?   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Christian Stores (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2011.

Interview

Worked through a recruiter, so the process was rather painless.

Interview Questions

• Umm, there weren't really any difficult ones that I remember. I do remember that I really liked the boss and senior developer that interviewed me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Done through a recruiter.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Family Christian Stores (Grand Rapids, MI) in November 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with the hiring manager within a week of being contacted by the recruiter. Second interview was 3 short interviews with people on the team. Everyone I met was very friendly and super engaging. After, HR took me on a tour of the office and then informed me about the company's benefits, vacation policy, etc. Did not ask for my salary requirements, but I was very pleased with the offer I received. Was asked back a third time to meet with a member of the senior leadership team. Interview process and offer occurred within a month.

Interview Questions

• Why Family Christian?
      What drew me to the position?
      What qualities do I look for in my teammates?
      How would my co-workers describe me?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Christian Stores.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. Walked into the store and asked about availability of positions and filled out an application form. After submitting it, was told that I would be contacted by the store manager who called to schedule a face-to-face interview. The interview lasted about 20-30 minutes and asked basic interview types of questions: reason for applying for the job, why applying to this company, skills, strengths and weaknesses, availability.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Family Christian Stores (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2009.

Interview

I only had one interview with the one person who was the manager at the time.

Negotiation

It was very easy and uncomplicated

Help Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Family Christian Stores in July 2009.

Interview

Hiring process at the time was a rather long process. I have to call to inquire about the status of my resume before being asked for an interview. For me it was a quick turn around the process, as I received the call later that day extending the job offer.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was if you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? At the time most questions I had were related to the strengths and weakness that the other saw in me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating at the time as it was a position in my line of work.

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Family Christian Stores (Grand Rapids, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

One phone interview, more technical behavioral questions. Emphasis on excel knowledge. Then office interview with Controller, Treasurer, and CFO. Very relaxed, basically they are just looking for the right fit.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Family Christian Stores (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

It was very basic. Sat down with the regional manager. They ask about goals and how you would handle certain situations. If you are decent at interviewing you will do fine.

Anonymous Employee in Chino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Family Christian Stores (Chino, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

I received a phone call from the regional manager and after our conversation she let me know that I wasn't qualified for the position, but was interested in offering me a lower level position if I'd like to gain more experience and work my way up. I accepted.

Interview Questions

• She asked me about my personal spiritual beliefs.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Family Christian Stores (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

It was straight forward and routine. The DM interview went very well. Clear expectations were present on both sides. Was offered the job on the spot pending a background check. That process took less than 1 week. I was in the store within two weeks of the interview. The DM was very accommodating to my need to give a two weeks notice. I did not have to interview with the regional VP, though it is my understanding that is normally part of this process.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for them.   1 Answer