FarHeap Solutions, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FarHeap Solutions, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.7

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FarHeap Solutions, Inc..

Interview

Communication between first and last contact was really good. First interview was with HR and a manager, about an hour long. These questions were more softball question. Second interview was with HR and a technical person. These questions were a bit more demanding and I really enjoyed it. This made me think if hired I was joining the best of the best in terms of talent. The third interview was with the CEO. He's a jack of all trades master of none kind of person. For my discipline, I thought he asked some great thought provoking questions. He didnt seem like most CEO's, he presented himself as someone who was not just knowledgable of the product but of the tools and strategy used to push the business. Three interviews, more than 3 hours total. Accepted the job. Dont let good interview questions fool you though. Even though the interview process was well coordinated actual execution as a company is failing. There hanging on by the skin of their teeth as a company. As a company they will push the envelope in terms of what is best practice in business. They would rather tip toe across the line vs. just doing the right thing.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

I first had a good phone interview. I was then invited in to meet with Executive staff. The questions were intelligent and in depth. They were clearly concerned with hiring someone who really knew their discpline and took time make sure they were getting it. That's a kudo.

I ended up discontinuing the interview process with an offer coming because something a member of staff shared with me was really disrepectful to job seekers. There was just a bad vibe. I really liked the person who would have been my manager but spidey-senses said "run".

The real reason I'm writing this review is to get FarHeap's attention on their responses. The responses to more damage than anything anyone can write. The tone is aweful. The content worse. They are too long and too defensive. Simply thank the person for their opinion and assure them you are working on it... and then do just that. Attacking someone's opinion just re-enforced the negative things they are saying.

I like to see companies succeed. This is not the way to do it.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary but a lot of deep, directed questions   Answer Question

FarHeap Solutions, Inc. Response

May 15, 2017 – HR Mgr.

Thank you for your feedback regarding your interviews. Please be assured that it is never our intent to be disrespectful or make anyone feel uncomfortable during an interview. I would really... More

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. (Louisville, KY) in December 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was great with the maintenance department head. Very knowledgeable fellow and very friendly. The followup interview with the HR department was horrible. Not very friendly and do not seem to grasp what are important questions to ask. They seemed to follow up on pointless items.

Specialist Interview

Interview

Initial interview was with manager who screened my knowledge and what I was looking for in a position. HR called me a week later saying there was great feedback and scheduled a second interview with CEO. I carved out time from my then full-time job only to be stood up by the CEO! HR didn't even bother to apologize and lied to me saying they would reschedule. They never rescheduled. I emailed them later reiterating my interest, but this email was ignored by HR.

This company seems to treat its prospective employees like its customers: poorly.

Finance Manager/Controller Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2016.

Interview

Video telephone interview and then in-person meeting, I met with one of the managers in the accounting department. She was an all around condescending, rude and unprofessional. She was dressed extremely sloppy, disheveled looking, unkept to say the very least. On the final interview I met with the CEO in his office one on one and he told me that he knew how unprofessional she was and that he was considering replacing her which is why he did not include her in the final interview in case that replacement was me he said. He also shared with me that he has received many complaints on her demeanor, conduct, interpersonal skills and overall appearance from no only outside clients but also people internally at their corporate headquarters. She caught wind that I was there and that she was not included and barged into the office and caused a scene to the point that the CEO made her leave the room but not before MAKING her apologize to me! That was the only redeeming part making this circus of an interview all worth it, seeing the look on her face while she was apologizing after being so mean to me. I doubt she is still working there based on what I was told that day by the CEO about his plans for her, but other than her I would have moved forward with Farheap as they did seem to be an interesting company that was thriving! Unfortunately for them (and the main reason for me to spend the time writing this elaborate review, as i have literally never written one on this website or any other in the past) because the size of their accounting team is so small and most CEO;s are not numbers and accounting people, I believe she is duping everyone into thinking that she is more qualified than she actually is. The HR director told me she is not even a CPA! They do deserve to get this review and the constructive criticism from a professional in the local accounting world to know, especially the CEO, who seems to work extremely hard and really love his company and his people. I believe I received that kind of reception because she knew that someone with my credentials would be able to dive in within a few days and untangle what I am sure is a mess of an accounting infrastructure,I mean they are running a 100 million dollar business with Quickbooks!! Basic is not even the word.

Interview Questions

• How did you find out about us?   1 Answer

Please see my write-up above

FarHeap Solutions, Inc. Response

Aug 10, 2016 – Marketing Director

FarHeap Solutions welcomes and appreciates feedback from those interested in joining our team. However, to fully address questions or concerns about any aspect of our company, we believe it... More

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2016.

Interview

It was brief they hired me on the spot
    The woman who hired me had me fill out an official application there I met the manager who was going to be my official manager . I didn't get a tour of the office as it was extremely small anyway . But nothing much to it just a normal interview

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview of about one hour. A mixture of technical, design and architecture questions. This went well.

Second phone interview with CEO of about 1.5 hours. This also went well although the discussion was somewhat rambling and didn't touch upon too much that was specific to the company's business or strategy.

On-site interview/meet-and-greet in Irvine, CA and Las Vegas, NV. This was more me interviewing the company than the company interviewing me. Was very pleased with Irvine visit. Was very confused by Las Vegas visit.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult or unexpected that a seasoned Java developer/designer couldn't answer.   Answer Question

The salary offer was pretty competitive, but the benefits were really sub-par. There is no 401(k) plan. I don't mean that that the company does not have 401(k) matching, there is no retirement plan of any sort. The health benefits are there, but the employee pays 50% -- for any dependents (such as spouse), the employee pays 100%. The health plans (there are two options, both PPO) contains pretty high deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums.

I guess if you wanted to treat this company as a start-up, and you are yound, the lack of adequate benefits would be acceptable. However, there were no stock options offered and I doubt they would be worth anything if they were offered; this company has been around for at least 6 years (probably more like 10-15 years). At this point there looks too be no public offering.

The company does make money in their printing business, but the other business diversifications are fairly high risk and I didn't see the infrastucture in place to make those other business directions become successful. For example, there is very little to no effective technical management.