Farm Credit Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Farm Credit Canada

Sort:

Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Farm Credit Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2011.

Interview

Started out with phone interview asking basic questions about availabilty and interest in the job. Next stage is a face to face interview with 2 or more senior managers. Interview is competency based where you are asked how to related questions to real life problems and how you resolved them.

Interview Questions

• Some overlap in type of questions asked so be prepared to have multiple experiences or solutions for them. IE. Describe a time when you were asked to work with an employee that was difficult and what 3 things did you do to resolve it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate although more experienced employees may be inclined too.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Regina, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Farm Credit Canada (Regina, SK (Canada)).

Interview

If you don't live in Regina and your applying for a manger position, my advice would be to don't waste your time and energies with the interview process.

I applied online, got a phone / video first interview. It was a routine scripted interview, nothing unique. After that I had an in person interview with a panel where I was asked to create a presentation for a panel. During this process I got great feedback and comments but in the end it came down to a C-Suite decision (not the hiring manager for some reason, it had to be brought to the C level) and an internal candidate was selected.

From all my conversations and feedback it really appears to me that a financial decision was made here, why spend money on an external candidate. It strongly appears that if FCC has an internal candidate that's "good enough" for the position then no external candidate outside Regina will have any chance.

Save your energies and frustrations if you don't live in Regina, don't bother.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Regina, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farm Credit Canada (Regina, SK (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Great format - questions were intended to speak about my actual experiences and expertise and measured against the competencies. What to expect in terms of the format and competencies was provided in advance. The reporting manager is the face of the company, not HR person. Felt like this made a huge difference as the person I will be working with is the person I am dealing with, made it easier to accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had significant differences in opinion / strategy with management and how you navigated through it to achieve success?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes. Supervisor was open to negotiation and had honest conversations.

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Regina, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farm Credit Canada (Regina, SK (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Really smooth, nothing tricky, basic interview questions. There was 2 person that interviewed me from the team that I applied for, they're really down-to-earth and make you feel relaxed. Think of it as a casual conversation you have with your coworker.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your strengths and areas that need development   1 Answer