Federal Reserve Board Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Federal Reserve Board Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.5

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board.

Interview

I met a recruiter and he got me a 30min phone interview. There were two men on the phone who briefly told me what they did, their division, etc etc. I was asked pretty much all behavioral questions. At the end I was allotted time to ask my own questions

Interview Questions

• What was an instance when you demonstrated leadership?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

There is a fall and spring round of applications, and the processes for the two are different. I was hired in the fall round. I submitted an application and was called and offered an interview about two weeks after the applications were due. They flew me down to DC where I had two interviews each with two people. In between I had a meeting with current RAs who were really nice. The interviews were fairly relaxed, mostly they really wanted to understand my research experience. I didn't have any prior connections to or contacts at the fed before applying, and there was only one interview.

Application

Interview

I applied online. They contacted me after a couple weeks to request an interview. No phone interview, which I thought was curious.

The interview itself was meeting with someone from HR to discuss the job, benefits, etc.. This was followed by 3 interviews, each with 2 economists from different sections. The questions were not different from a typical interview, though certainly more focused toward research and coursework. They're most interested in research experience, coding experience, and economic/math knowledge, with most of the focus on the first two.

Lunch was with 3 current RAs, who were able to answer questions and give an idea of the day-to-day of RAs.

Interview Questions

• Explain a research project you've done and its process.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview with a combination of behavioral and technical questions. The phone interview was conducted by my manager. I then received an offer within one to two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy working individually or in a team?   1 Answer

Law Enforcement Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

Panel interview - Relax and describe yourself and your leadership accomplishments. Military/ Law Enforcement experience a plus. Recent graduates - This is a great job as a stepping stone for a law enforcement career.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself - Describe what you bring to the organization; nothing eccentric; keep it professional.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board in April 2017.

Interview

It was a short 30 min phone interview, one round for Division of Consumer & Community Affairs. They got back to me ~ 3 weeks later and set up a time for a phone interview. The interview was not difficult and they ended up being my supervisors in the summer.

Procurement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board in March 2017.

Interview

i had a phone interview not too bad. A lot of question about yourself and the role, How can you be an asset to the Fed and what knowledge do you have that you can help yourself and the department grow

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

I was sent an email regarding an auditor opportunity that matched my profile asking to do a phone interview the next week. A couple hours after the interview, I was invited to come down the next week to DC for an in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of a 3 person panel interview. The entire process was quick. Took about two weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied via email online. Submitted a resume, cover letter, transcript, and application. Got an offer to interview 2-3 weeks after I submitted my application

It was a day long of interviews. I had two panel interviews each with 2 economists representing the various research divisions. The interview was very laid back and conversational - not stressful

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nonnegotiable

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board in November 2016.

Interview

I met a representative at a career fair, sent in my materials, and was asked to interview over the phone after corresponding with a very helpful HR rep. Very positive experience, but the interview questions were pretty tough!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you failed. What happened and how did you respond?   Answer Question
    • What did you find most interesting about the 2008 financial crisis?   Answer Question