Federal Reserve Board Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Federal Reserve Board Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2018

2.5

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by an HR manager to schedule phone call with an Economist. Phone call lasted around 30 minutes including both personal questions and monetary policy specific questions. More a conversation though rather than an interrogation.

Interview Questions

• What is your opinion on the current state of monetary policy? Do you feel the Board should maintain a 2.0% inflation target?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board.

Interview

I applied online. After a few weeks, I was contacted back, and two phone interviews with different research teams were scheduled. Both interviews were pretty relaxed; they asked behavioral questions, and at the end, I had time to ask questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board in February 2018.

Interview

Was called by 3 guys - my manager and 2 economists to see if I could do the job and did a brief review of my resume. Not too bad. Very friendly. No hardball questions.

Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

I met a recruiter and he got me a 30min phone interview. There were two men on the phone who briefly told me what they did, their division, etc etc. I was asked pretty much all behavioral questions. At the end I was allotted time to ask my own questions

Interview Questions

• What was an instance when you demonstrated leadership?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

There is a fall and spring round of applications, and the processes for the two are different. I was hired in the fall round. I submitted an application and was called and offered an interview about two weeks after the applications were due. They flew me down to DC where I had two interviews each with two people. In between I had a meeting with current RAs who were really nice. The interviews were fairly relaxed, mostly they really wanted to understand my research experience. I didn't have any prior connections to or contacts at the fed before applying, and there was only one interview.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online. They contacted me after a couple weeks to request an interview. No phone interview, which I thought was curious.

The interview itself was meeting with someone from HR to discuss the job, benefits, etc.. This was followed by 3 interviews, each with 2 economists from different sections. The questions were not different from a typical interview, though certainly more focused toward research and coursework. They're most interested in research experience, coding experience, and economic/math knowledge, with most of the focus on the first two.

Lunch was with 3 current RAs, who were able to answer questions and give an idea of the day-to-day of RAs.

Interview Questions

• Explain a research project you've done and its process.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview with a combination of behavioral and technical questions. The phone interview was conducted by my manager. I then received an offer within one to two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy working individually or in a team?   1 Answer

Law Enforcement Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

Panel interview - Relax and describe yourself and your leadership accomplishments. Military/ Law Enforcement experience a plus. Recent graduates - This is a great job as a stepping stone for a law enforcement career.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself - Describe what you bring to the organization; nothing eccentric; keep it professional.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board in April 2017.

Interview

It was a short 30 min phone interview, one round for Division of Consumer & Community Affairs. They got back to me ~ 3 weeks later and set up a time for a phone interview. The interview was not difficult and they ended up being my supervisors in the summer.

Procurement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board in March 2017.

Interview

i had a phone interview not too bad. A lot of question about yourself and the role, How can you be an asset to the Fed and what knowledge do you have that you can help yourself and the department grow