Federal Reserve Board Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 26, 2018

2.5

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

I was sent an email regarding an auditor opportunity that matched my profile asking to do a phone interview the next week. A couple hours after the interview, I was invited to come down the next week to DC for an in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of a 3 person panel interview. The entire process was quick. Took about two weeks.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied via the online career page. I was contacted shortly after and did a phone screen with the recruiter. I then had a 30min phone screen with some of the office managers. After a week or so, I was called back to do an in-person interview which took almost 2 hours. After that, I was asked to come back again to meet the Director. I had an offer a week or so later.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with not leading projects?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Yes; asked for 2,000 more (annually) and it was accepted.

Law Enforcement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2011.

Interview

Very informal. I was contacted by the staffing division after applying on line 3 months prior and asked was I still interested. I was then brought in to interview with one staffing assistant. She basically went over my resume and asked me questions directly related to the information I supplied. She questioned my salary demands and agreed with me but also stated that she wouldn't have final say. She then escorted me to the Law Enforcement Unit where I was interviewed by a ranking officer. He basically filled me in on the job duties and informed me that someone would contact me with an offer soon. A few days later, I received an offer. It was not what I asked for, but wasn't far off. I accepted.

Interview Questions

• How soon would I be available ?   2 Answers

Law Enforcement Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

Panel interview - Relax and describe yourself and your leadership accomplishments. Military/ Law Enforcement experience a plus. Recent graduates - This is a great job as a stepping stone for a law enforcement career.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself - Describe what you bring to the organization; nothing eccentric; keep it professional.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board.

Interview

I met a recruiter and he got me a 30min phone interview. There were two men on the phone who briefly told me what they did, their division, etc etc. I was asked pretty much all behavioral questions. At the end I was allotted time to ask my own questions

Interview Questions

• What was an instance when you demonstrated leadership?   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

Chaotic--HR rep on vacation, got an assistant or intern. I had to remind her of necessary steps and advocate to get the schedule I needed. Then had difficulty getting through security due to snafu on her end.

Interview Questions

• Just like the federal job process. Very focused on how my experiences would tie in to their department. Scored on each question. I'd say prep based on online application questions and with guidance on federal interview process.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board.

Interview

I applied online. After a few weeks, I was contacted back, and two phone interviews with different research teams were scheduled. Both interviews were pretty relaxed; they asked behavioral questions, and at the end, I had time to ask questions.

Intern Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview with a combination of behavioral and technical questions. The phone interview was conducted by my manager. I then received an offer within one to two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy working individually or in a team?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by an HR manager to schedule phone call with an Economist. Phone call lasted around 30 minutes including both personal questions and monetary policy specific questions. More a conversation though rather than an interrogation.

Interview Questions

• What is your opinion on the current state of monetary policy? Do you feel the Board should maintain a 2.0% inflation target?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board in February 2018.

Interview

Was called by 3 guys - my manager and 2 economists to see if I could do the job and did a brief review of my resume. Not too bad. Very friendly. No hardball questions.