Federated Investors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Federated Investors

2.6

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Federated Investors (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview, which lasted about an hour. The part that troubled me was I was sent a packet of employment forms afterwards and a lot of personal information such as SSN, background screening auth, etc. was asked of me without having a job offer.

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federated Investors (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2018.

Interview

Hr called set up interview waited a bit before hearing back. After I got the job I found out it was because of other issues. It was longer then what they normally take.

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to work at Federated   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federated Investors (Boston, MA).

Interview

Selected from pool of applicants, met with HR and Operations managers. No curveball questions, just want to get to know you and make sure you'd get along with the team and that your prior background could let you make the transition

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room for salary negotiation- only slightly above an entry level job, so plenty of applicants

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Federated Investors.

Interview

Overall, Federated had a very easy interview process. Mostly behavioral questions asked, no technical questions. Many of the questions had to do with my experiences in college (ex: volunteer work, particular courses, extra circulars, challenges etc.).

Interview Questions

• Why did you select your major?
      Please describe your excel skills   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Federated Investors (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Basically just talked to one of the hiring managers. Pretty common behavioral questions, etc. The interviewer was pretty friendly and seemed engaged in our conversation. Just make sure you arrive on time and also make sure that you dress very professionally. It's a conservative environment in terms of appearance.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Federated Investors.

Interview

Contacted first for a phone interview. Simple behavioral questions. Similar questions in the on-site interview. Then talked with the manager for software developers. Included two very easy technical programming questions. Everyone was very nice and easy to talk to.

Internal Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federated Investors (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

the interview process is pretty standard. Phone interview with human resources. Meet with managers of the department. Standard interview questions focuses around a sales position. Meet with current employees in the department and discuss day to day activities.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

salary is fixed, no negotiation

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Federated Investors.

Interview

Received a phone call which ended up being a phone interview. Received another call back saying they wanted to interview in person. Met with HR first, then team leaders.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite/least favorite part of your old job?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Federated Investors (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

I Completed the telephone screening, and did not have international travel experience. I Did not move on to face to face meeting with anyone.
    Very thoughtful and thorough questions by HR professional.

Interview Questions

• Have you planned international travel for execs?   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Federated Investors (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2010.

Interview

Interview process was failry straight forward. There was an initial phone screen about my resume submission. That led to scheduling a face to face. The face to face interviews consisted of HR, team manager, and the director of the group. The brand name is definitely marketed and sold to the potential candidate.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from everybody else?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not willing to negotiate much on salary. Great 401k match, but only 2 weeks vacation