Federated Investors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Federated Investors Interview Questions

2.6

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federated Investors.

Interview

straightforward, traditional. The process was very conversational, and was not confrontational. I was not uncomfortable at any point in the process. I met with multiple people from several different levels in the organization...Peers, managers, and others. All were very friendly, and the questions were very straightforward. It didnt seem like they were trying to do any trick questions.

Interview Questions

• Traditional questions about work history and other things. Was also a lot of social conversation.   1 Answer

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federated Investors (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

Federated seems like a really great place to work. Spoke to a recruiter at a campus job fair, then got a call for an on site interview about two or three weeks later. Interviewed with about 4 different people that day, it was a long morning of interviews. Semi technical, nothing major though. All stuff that you should probably already know going into it. Was very impressed with the managers and the facility. Had a follow up phone interview the next week as well. Definitely study up on your Federated knowledge. They ask what you know about them.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federated Investors (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Straightfowrard process and interview. Questions weren't too difficult and there wasn't much they were trying to trick you with. Would have accepted but another offer came along that was more attractive to me

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were about experiences in past employment   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federated Investors.

Interview

Phone interview followed up by a face to face interview with a department manager. Federated also does extensive background checks and verifies past jobs, contact, schooling/ past professors. Everythng was handled in a very professional way and I was always kept up to date. I applied for 5 different internships and Federated conducted themselves the most professionally by far.

Interview Questions

• Like most companies there were questions to assess your character. There were also questions related to my past work experience as well as my tehnical experience.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Federated Investors (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Basically just talked to one of the hiring managers. Pretty common behavioral questions, etc. The interviewer was pretty friendly and seemed engaged in our conversation. Just make sure you arrive on time and also make sure that you dress very professionally. It's a conservative environment in terms of appearance.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Federated Investors.

Interview

There were four steps involved in the interview process. Step 1: Phone interview by HR; Step 2: Two on one interview; Step 3: Background check; Step : 4 Offer received

Interview Questions

• Typical questions i.e., strengths/weaknesses, where do you see yourself in five years. There was another questions where four celebrities/icons were listed and I was asked which one I thought I was most similar to.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Federated Investors.

Interview

Received a phone call which ended up being a phone interview. Received another call back saying they wanted to interview in person. Met with HR first, then team leaders.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite/least favorite part of your old job?   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Federated Investors (Cranberry, PA).

Interview

Submitted application through university career center. Was contacted by an HR represented about one week later. The interview was scheduled as an on-site interview within the week. The interview consisted of three parts: HR interview with standard interview questions, interview with software manager in which we discussed my software background and an interview with a senior developer which consisted of three on the spot oral code questions (what is encapsulation, what is polymorphism and one other similar question)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, they told me the rate and said do you accept or not.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federated Investors (Boston, MA).

Interview

Selected from pool of applicants, met with HR and Operations managers. No curveball questions, just want to get to know you and make sure you'd get along with the team and that your prior background could let you make the transition

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room for salary negotiation- only slightly above an entry level job, so plenty of applicants

Director Data Centers & Telecom Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federated Investors (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2012.

Interview

This was the longest process I had ever been through. I had a phone screen with an HR rep. I had a second phone interview with the HR manager. I had in person interviews with 4 of my would be peers, then one with my manager. I was made a contingency offer while waiting on background checks. Because I had worked in another state, and one that had an antiquated background checking solution, the period from my offer until the day I was given my start date was four weeks. Then, because they only hire twice per month, I had another two weeks to wait. In total, it took 11 weeks from the first contact.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The only negotiation was with the HR Manager. Because they were able to meet my salary requirements, I had only to negotiate with vacation time. They were stingy towards me, a person with over 18 years of experience, but they did come up to my requested amount.