Ferring Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 8, 2017

2.8

QC Microbiologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ferring Pharmaceuticals (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

Overall process HR phone interview, Manager Phone interview, in person interview with various people. Managers were okay, but intermediate leader was terrible. Definitely got a negative feeling. Also felt like walking out of interview at some point in time. Withdrew from the position.

Interview Questions

• very detailed questions off the resume, that interviewer had no idea about   Answer Question

Clinical Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ferring Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

One call from the recruiter and another with HR. One with the hiring manager and a week later in person interview with five people. The entire group seems very professional and committed to the therapeutic area.

Interview Questions

• If I was aware of the no work from home policy.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy to work with HR and work towards the desirable salary.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ferring Pharmaceuticals (Parsippany, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews and two in-person interviews. Met with 7+ people. In-person interviews took over 4 hours each. Never gave any sense of when I would hear back regarding selection process. About 2 weeks later I received an automatically generated email stating I was not selected for the position. Unbelievable that after meeting with 7+ people , 2 phone interviews, 2 in-person interviews and a phone screen with their internal recruiter, that didn't ever deserve a personal email/phone call letting me know I wasn't selected.

Interview Questions

• Somewhat casual. Except for two questions clearly from the HR guidebook: 1) give an example of a time you made a mistake and how you handled it and what did you learn from it? One other similar question I can't remember at the moment.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ferring Pharmaceuticals (Parsippany, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied to online posting. The company contacted me within 14 days and HR scheduled a screening interview (10 minutes). After the discussion I was told that they were likely going to delay hiring for 3-6 months. And I never received a follow up communication from the company

Interview Questions

• Was I aware of the no work from home policy   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ferring Pharmaceuticals (Parsippany, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

it took almost 2 months- slow process. If you meet HR they will convince you to join them. They will pay you whatever you ask. Do not fall in that trap. Join better Pharma company

Human Resources Lead Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ferring Pharmaceuticals (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Search firm initially reached out and was outstanding. I couldn't wait to move forward in the process. Finally got on calendar for a phone interview with HR AVP which was barely an interview. Explained my current role. She asked only a few questions. I had to stop her from wrapping up so I could ask my own questions. 20 minutes? Didn't feel good. Not a comprehensive process.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ferring Pharmaceuticals in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and after a couple of weeks I received an invitation for a phone interview. The phone interview was terribly bad! The interviewer didn't have my resume and didn't have access to his e-mail as well. It was such a waste of time!

Director, Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bernardsville, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ferring Pharmaceuticals (Bernardsville, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

I had several interviews with department lead, individual contributors, and other Business Unit Heads. Then I was brought in to discuss role and my qualifications with the department. I was also asked to prepare a generic (role specific) presentation to the department.

Interview Questions

• Challenges you faced in prior role? Why Ferring? Where do you want to be professionally in 5 years? Do you prefer working individually or in a group?   1 Answer
    • Favorite time in your professional career? Why?   Answer Question

Better offer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ferring Pharmaceuticals (Parsippany, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me 2 weeks after I applied on the company's website. Recruiter was very nice, and prepped me for the interview, giving me pointers like be humble. I interviewed with 4 people for 30 minutes each all rushing to get to a meeting. Everyone I interviewed with was far from humble and had big egos themselves. The HR VP gave me a copy of the benefits plan right away, which is great, but I would rather see them with the offer and not before. All the 2 department heads that I interviewed with did was talk, and barely asked me questions and didn't give me enough time to ask questions. There was no great discussion showing my abilities and capabilities. I was completely qualified for the position, answered every questions with confidence and expertise, and they chose to move on to sourcing other candidates. When I asked for feedback, they would not provide it to me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      How do you want to be managed?
      Give me an example......?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ferring Pharmaceuticals (Parsippany, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Terrible. 30 minutes with 6 individuals that typically went over and just felt like speed dating. HR was last interview. At the end asked when would hear further communication or could follow-up and told within a week. Did so via email twice but heard absolutely NOTHING from the HR rep or recruiter. Horribly unprofessional.