Ferris State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ferris State University Interview Questions

2.4

Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Big Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ferris State University (Big Rapids, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was semi-formal and I met with several of the key players within the department. They asked down to earth questions, allowed me to ask questions, and I felt very at ease.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Finance Department Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ferris State University.

Interview

Phone interview initially, then an in-person interview. Each interview took at least 30 minutes and general interview questions were asked, such as strengths, weaknesses, why you want this job, etc. I was satisfied with the interview process. I wish the university was quicker in making decisions and would not make the process longer than it needed to be.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time you worked with a difficult customer and how did you resolve the issue or complaint?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Big Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ferris State University (Big Rapids, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

go through papers, look data up on computer
    the interview was very laid back and they just need someone to fit in for the job.
    the pay was normal and they work around schooling

Interview Questions

• not many, be there on time, good with talking to people   Answer Question

Adventure Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Big Rapids, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ferris State University (Big Rapids, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

Very uninformed hiring committee. They had to ask me the technical names for the equipment used on the job so they could use these terms when interviewing the next candidate. The hiring committee had no experience in this field. The process was started with a phone interview, which was very short. Just a couple of questions, then setting up the on=campus interview. Interview was conducted by a 3 person committee. Interview format was situational based.

Interview Questions

• Why are you qualified for this position   1 Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ferris State University.

Interview

Had the phone interview. The search committee was very nice. I think I did very well. Two days later, they contacted me and officially invited me to visit their campus.

International Student Advisor Interview

Interview

They called me in the first round and scheduled skype interview with them for the second round. I am stil preparing for the second round, but they said they would let me know the result in a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• why do you think international student would come to Ferris State University?   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ferris State University.

Interview

adjunct temporary full time contract employee

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None semester contract per semester

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ferris State University in February 2013.

Interview

Committee interview, parading in different groups every 30 minutes with the standard battery of questions such as what are your strengths, how do you handle difficult people, yawn. The worst part is I'm a vegetarian and no one had the sensitivity to ask what I would like for lunch. A sad tray of sandwiches was plunked down in front of me, all meat. When I said I was fine and didn't need lunch, one of the committee members put a bloody red roast beef sandwich on a plate in front of me and said "Don't be shy, you can eat!". It took everything I had not to throw up, I picked at the bread and cheese. Horrible!

Interview Questions

• Among the worst interview questions has to be "What do you know about me?" I did my research and answered the question well however the interviewer basically was seeking praise and self edification. Second worst "Why should we hire you?" Probably one of the most painful interview experiences of my life.   Answer Question

I could not work with this person.