Fiberlink Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fiberlink Interview Questions

2.8

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fiberlink (Blue Bell, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with the hiring manager. Started by asking me to detail my work experience and any projects I was working on. Specifically for this position wanted to know if I had any experience with maintenance and software upgrades. Then discussed the position and what responsibilities would be required. Asked if I had any questions. Very cordial interview.

Interview Questions

• Can't recall specific questions. They were generic, about the job description itself.   Answer Question

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fiberlink (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview started with a third party who linked me to the internal recruiter. The first call was to get to know me and offer info on the company and position. The recruiter was monotonous but did her job. The rest was downhill from there.

The first technical screen was 6 minutes late. I had an emergency and waited for the call but had to focus when I thought he wouldn't call and missed when he did. I called back immediately and asked to reschedule for the same time but on that Friday. They agreed and said they would tell the recruiter but didn't. I emailed the recruiter on my end, who was very helpful, to confirm and then schedule. I got a call at a random time with no warning. I did not recognize the number (we all get spammers) and did not answer since I did not expect it.

Fiberlink internally almost pulled the candidacy but my awesome recruiter convinced them there was miscommunication. I specified when would work and when wouldn't but they tried to schedule it on the same day of another interview I had anyway against my wishes. I said Friday but it got scheduled Wednesday and I had to remind them again.

Finally when I had my technical screening it looked like a no-show. I was called 16 minutes late. This was the last of many red flags and I long since had wanted to withdraw, but a personal mentor encouraged me to continue the process to find out more information.

The first technical challenge was a time problem on HackerRank's website rather than a take home challenge like every other company I've ever interviewed with. It seemed to be a very poor assessment of one's skills and not so relevant to the role. There were no iOS-specific questions or trivia to ensure familiarity with the platform.

Interview Questions

• There are n ticket windows in the railway station. The with window has a(j) tickets available. The price of a ticket is equal to the number of tickets remaining in that window at that time. What is the maximum amount of money the railway station can earn from selling the first m tickets?

For example if we got 3 ticket windows, have tickets of 3, 3, 4, and we want to sell 5 tickets. Then:

n = 3, m = 5
      A[3] = {3, 3, 4}
      The maximum money earned is 4 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 2 = 15   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fiberlink in August 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by multiple people, who were all rude. The first two people spoke down to me the entire time, and were not professional. Questioned all of my skills in a condescending tone.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fiberlink in July 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by someone from HR and had an initial phone screen that lasted about 30 minutes. During that time, HR as questions regarding my work history and technical competencies in order to screen me for the job. After that, HR spent some time describing the company and went into their pitch to sell. After the initial phone interview I was sent a link to take an online programming algorithm test. The test question I was asked to solve was worded horribly and therefore didn't make any sense as a programming challenge. Was told by HR that they would contact me back after taking the test to let me know the status of my application. Never heard back from them again which is very bad form in my opinion. I would not consider ever applying to this company again.

Interview Questions

• General questions surrounding experience listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fiberlink (Blue Bell, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and heard from HR in a day. Had a phone interview then an in person interview with 3 manager (only 2 showed up and one was 30 minutes late).
    Was apprehensive about applying since this company has incredibly high turnover, which was confirmed by one of the managers. This is a huge red flag.
    They don't offer much training, so if you don't have a solid tech background, your going to have some trouble with this position. I do have that. I tried to follow up with HR about the interview and other open positions, but did not receive a reply on 2 messages I sent....A bit rude, if you ask me.
    Prior posts on this site are accurate... This job is for those who want IBM on their resume, so in a year, they can look for a job with another company

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about my prior experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fiberlink (Phila, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Way too much going on here for a cold calling job; initial screening with recruiter, then several hour interview at the office with a couple of managers, eventually a final interview with some regional VP or something.

Interview Questions

• Pretty much anything pretentious you can think of   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fiberlink.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back and comfortable. Everyone was very nice but also very inquisitive. They wanted to ensure I had a solid knowledge of email setup and mobile technology.

The 1st interview was with 4 people, the 2nd interview was with 3 people, and the 3rd interview was with 2. In each interviewed I sat down with each interviewer individual. so I recommend setting at least 2 hours a side for your interview. It's about 30 minutes per person. One thing they ensured to point out is that being knowledgeable is great, but they operate like a family business and being able to work nicely with other is more important. It's a family environment and everyone helps each other. I thought that was really nice to know.

Interview Questions

• A customer states that their companies email isn't syncing with their device. What do you recommend?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fiberlink (Blue Bell, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

Sent resume through job board site. Was called in for an interview a week later. I met with HR for about 15 minutes. She was very nice, and polite. The guy interviewing me acted like he was above me. He was 30 minutes late and didn't apologize. Very condescending tone in his voice.

Interview Questions

• He asked me a very obnoxious question about why I went from a white collar job, to a blue collar job   1 Answer

N/A Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fiberlink.

Interview

3 part interview.... interview process was not that of a personal sit back and chat type. No experiences, technical, or background information was ask. Personally, it was like having lunch with friends while still in high school.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

email sent and offer signed.

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fiberlink (Blue Bell, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

The beginning stages were very casual, just as any interview process would start. I received an email from their hiring staff asking if I'd be interested in a ca;;. Following that was a phone call from HR to gauge if you're a personality fit for the organization/if the organization is a fit for you. That's a very simple part of the process to sell yourself as an employee. When you come in for the 1on1's it is pretty straight forward. Meet with the hiring manager that you have been speaking with for the past week or so. After that you will meet with a variety of managers, reps, or higher ups depending on their availability. Possibly could be called in for additional 1on1s to meet with a different group.