Fiksu Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fiksu Interview Questions

Interviews at Fiksu

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fiksu.

Interview

A friend forwarded my resume to a recruiter who contacted me and set up a phone interview with a developer. I got asked a standard question about tree traversal. Got an email a few days later inviting me to an on-site interview which was three 45 minute back to back technical interviews with developers. It was very friendly, questions were not too bad and I felt fairly confident afterward. Then recruiter emails me saying they are reevaluating their intern program and I should check back in with them in a month. I never did because I got another offer but the whole thing was annoying and apparently a waste of time. Not sure why you would interview candidates for a position you weren't looking to fill.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fiksu (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a fairly standard interview process. They had an initial phone interview just to get a sense of who I was an my experience, then an initial in person interview to get a baseline for technical competency, then a final second round interview with 4 members of their various groups

Interview Questions

• They asked a few technical question   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fiksu (Boston, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

There was a phone interview and then an onsite interview. Onsite interview i had like 5 rounds. Met with Software engineer , Vicepresident and others.
    It was a long interview and a tiring one at least for me. Algorithm based question. FInding balanced paranthesis was one of the questions asked
    Apart from that i was asked general behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Algorithm based question. FInding balanced paranthesis   2 Answers

Media Analyst Interview

Interview

I was given a phone interview which was pretty standard, probably just an initial screening to see if you're still interested. Afterwards, hiring manager said that she'd send over my resume to the lead who I'd be working under, and gave me a time that they would contact me in a week. When that didn't happen, I contacted the hiring manager to follow up and was told that the managers were out of town, until the week after. After hearing nothing the week after, I contacted the hiring manager again and was told that they got someone else.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fiksu (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was referred by someone internally. After he submitted my resume, I had one phone call with HR and one in-person interview in which I met with five people. I met the marketing group in their office located in downtown Boston.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was overly difficult. I was asked to discuss successful campaigns and my experience with different types of marketing. We talked about personas, SEM, lead scoring and banner ads specifically.   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did negotiate a little, but not much. At the time of my offer, I had 5 other companies that were interviewing me, at least two of which I believe would have resulted in offers. As a result, I was a little apprehensive about accepting the first offer.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fiksu (Boston, MA) in December 2012.

Interview

Very smooth interview/hiring process facilitated by Talent Acquisition. Very standard personality type interview and questions about experience as it would apply to the role. Very cool office space and I am sure the product will have a lot of success. Compensation offered was not what I was looking for.

Interview Questions

Salary with incentives (commission) seemed low in comparison to the other big startup names in the Boston area.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fiksu.

Interview

I first received an email, and it asked what I was looking for as a base salary. After I replied this was follow-up with a 30 min. phone screening and then I was brought in for an in person interview. I met one on one with 4 people and that lasted for about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• In recent work experience, what has been most challenging to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fiksu (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview, followed by a codeshare skype interview. Did well enough on those two to have a superday at the office. The employees seemed tired and disinterested in me. We did some classic coding questions like a method to return fibonnaci numbers. Didn't get the offer, but the office seemed pretty nice.

Interview Questions

• Recursive and iterative methods that return fibonnacci numbers   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fiksu.

Interview

I went through two phone screens, and then had an on sight interview which consisted of five back to back interviews. Each one required white board coding, and a conversation about how the code was implemented.

Everyone was very friendly and kind during the interview. I got to see a bit of the office and talk to developers on many levels. Nothing was too unexpected, though I was given some questions on SQL outputs and threading.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too difficult, I got a question on removing duplicates from an array in linear time, one on how hash tables work, and a few more. Overall they were very forgiving with not knowing exact syntax but understanding the greater concept.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fiksu (Northampton, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume. Heard back three weeks later. Declined my application. However, the message was very courteous and polite. Would highly recommend applying again. However, given my diverse experiences I can't say I was completely surprised. Just disappointed that the entry level gig was apparently more than I qualified for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer