First Hawaiian Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at First Hawaiian Bank

2.4

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Hawaiian Bank (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

Submitted through college internship webiste, received an email from the head of the department, scheduled for an interview. The whole process took about 2 weeks at the most. Waited 1 week after my first interview.

Interview Questions

• Didn't asked any quantitative questions, rather more qualitative such as about yourself, what do you know about companym etc.   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at First Hawaiian Bank (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

Three interview. one with the staffing manager, department manager and division manager. staffing manager was a phone interview, the department and division was an in-person interview. There was some screening questions and an computer test to see if you are able to use Microsoft word and excel. Lots of waiting between interviews. Interviews were rescheduled twice.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Hawaiian Bank.

Interview

Nothing too hard and just be yourself when you go in for your interview. Dress nice and do the best you can. Do your homework about the company, smile, and be kind.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at First Hawaiian Bank (Honolulu, HI) in September 2016.

Interview

A bit slow. Took about 3 months to hear from the bank about being hired, otherwise, got hired and started working within the next month. Interview was well organized and fun.

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at First Hawaiian Bank (Honolulu, HI) in March 2016.

Interview

I went to a job fair met with a person told them i was i teredted in a job then she grabbed the manager of my old branch after reading my address. I interviewed with her she seemed very nice at first (now i know it was just an act) but she liked me then had me interview with soemone from HR. Asked the same questions for the most part. Waited a few days and got called back for the position

Interview Questions

• what are some of your greatest strengths   Answer Question
    • describe a situation where you had to work with a coworker you didnt like hoe did you handle it   Answer Question

Negotiation

Honestly i started as part time so i knew my pay was going to be lower i asked for somethig between $10-11. I ended up getting $10.25 for part which isnt bad but lower than most banks

Anonymous Employee in Kapolei, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Hawaiian Bank (Kapolei, HI) in July 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with the service manager and branch manager at the time where they asked very basic questions and took about 30 minutes. And then I was contacted by human resources to do a second interview 3 days later. After that I just waited for the call.

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Hawaiian Bank (Honolulu, HI) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Then they contacted me and scheduled an interview at the branch/location I had applied for. After being greeted, the supervisor showed me around before we headed to a conference room for the actual interview. She was really nice and made me feel comfortable. I had a little bit of Japanese background so she called an available Japanese speaking staff member to test my language skills. Afterwards, she introduced me to everyone who worked there before I left. I was confused if that meant I was hired or not. However, I finally had confirmation when their HR called me a day or two later to congratulate me and explain getting started.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of difficult customer and explain how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question

Temp Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at First Hawaiian Bank.

Interview

Super easy, because it was through a staffing agency. I just went in with my resume, they asked a few questions and then I was offered the job a couple days later.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online, got called by HR recruiter the next day. Scheduled 1st interview with HR Senior VP within a week. A week later got interviewed by the senior executive that oversees the division. A week later was interviewed by 2 current employees on the team. Finally received an offer about 2 months after the date I applied.

Records Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Hawaiian Bank (Honolulu, HI) in February 2017.

Interview

Meeting with management for a position in records management reinforced my decision to remain a customer of FHB. The current managers working in this department are extremely friendly and reveal workplace culture most employees/candidates can appreciate. They did not hide the fact that the position requires a lot of work, but they also showed interest in their employees and expressed desire to help advance anyone that joins their team. The records management team definitely deserves a great new staff member and recognition from within.

Interview Questions

• What is your longterm interest level in records management?   1 Answer