First Home Mortgage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

First Home Mortgage Interview Questions

Interviews at First Home Mortgage

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at First Home Mortgage

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Home Mortgage in July 2014.

Interview

The process took 2.5 weeks. I applied online through my universities job board. First I had a phone interview with an HR rep at corporate. Pretty standard phone interview questions about my resume and future goals. The next steps were to find a local office with an opening. At the local office, I met with a loan officer and the branch manager. To be honest, they both definitely talked more than they made me talk. However, each branch at this company operates basically independently so I'm sure the interviews vary widely.

Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at First Home Mortgage (Bethesda, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied during the holidays so things took a bit longer than usual. I applied to my campus job site and uploaded a resume and cover letter. Immediately after I followed up with an email to each of the 3 branch managers with a nice note and a copy of the resume and cover letter again. They responded right away and we set up an in person interview with all 3 branch managers. The interview was very casual, I had sales experience so they didn't drill in to me too hard - they just wanted to be sure I understood what it takes to be successful in sales. After that interview I had an over-the-phone interview with the corporate sales recruiter - very basic questions including how much I currently made a year, why do I want to work in sales, describe your personality.

After this I moved on to an in-person interview with the president of the company Steve Lagana - he's very well respected and has been called a "visionary" in the field so I was sure to do my homework. Again the interview was pretty casual - he asked me basic personality questions to see if I was a good fit for the job. A lot of people don't understand the amount of hours, rejection, and dedication these jobs take, so going in understanding those aspects and being ready to commit was helpful.

About a week later I got my official offer and began the paperwork.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle Rejection? Why do you want to work in sales? How many hours a week do you currently work? Do you mind working weekends? Describe your short-term and long-term goals.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at First Home Mortgage in June 2017.

Interview

A friend who works in the industry referred me to First Home. Overall, I had 4 in-person interviews and a phone interview over the course of 2 months. About 2 weeks before I graduated, I started off by meeting with a loan officer who also took me in to meet the branch manager. It was very general and casual, they went over the different jobs in the industry and gave me an overview of what it takes to make it in each position.
    Then, I was referred to another branch that is opening a new office. I met with both branch managers in this office on separate occasions. These interviews were also casual, laid-back, general personality and work ethic questions, nothing too serious. As they both liked me, they gave my information to one of the recruiters in the corporate office and I had a phone interview with her that was about 20 minutes, more general questions.
    Following this I met with the president of the company, Steve Lagana, in the corporate office. This interview was a bit more formal with some tougher questions about the industry, my personality, and again, work ethic. You really have to be motivated to work to make it in this industry, so it helps to know that going in. I followed up with the corporate recruiter and branch manager after my interview with the president, and got an offer about 2 weeks later.