First Interstate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at First Interstate

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Billings, MT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Interstate (Billings, MT) in September 2015.

Interview

Was brought in for an initial interview and a follow-up. The interview process was mostly positive, but after being in the position for years they never allowed me to do any of the things they seemed interested in during the interview. They kept pushing my interview ideas down the road for an indefinite period of time.

Interview Questions

• What was my vision for the role?   1 Answer
    • Do I like working alone or on a team?   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Interstate.

Interview

30-45 minutes, behavioral questions. Hiring manager was very kind and understanding that this was a first step in a career. Easy. This job requires customer facing and therefore requires you to leave a bad attitude at the entrance. Expect several of these questions and bring several "stories."

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to go above and beyond and use a specific example. What was the outcome?   1 Answer
    • Why First Interstate?   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Great Falls, MT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Interstate (Great Falls, MT) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was scheduled in a timely manner and was one of the more pleasant and friendly interviews I have ever been to. There were 2 managers there to interview me. They were friendly and very open and descriptive of the company and the position.

Teller Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at First Interstate in January 2009.

Interview

It was a typical teller interview. I went in and gave them my resume. They focused mainly on my experience in the interview. Overall, it seems like a nice place to work. Everyone was very friendly and most of the customers seemed to be happy to be their customers.

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gillette, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at First Interstate (Gillette, WY) in September 2013.

Interview

Interview included basic customer service and coworker interview questions. Interviewed with Teller Supervisor and Branch Manager. Went through a series of average interview questions with both. They were very professional without seeming to be intimidating. They were both easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• How you handled an upset customer in the past   1 Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at First Interstate.

Interview

Really general questions describe the position your applying for? past experiences (strengths & weaknesses), Explain yourself, ability to analyze financial statements, familiarity with banking environment, and past struggles and accomplishments. Interview focuses mainly on your ability to work within a team and autonomously. The end goal is to make you into a commercial lender so that helps mentioning in your long term goals section.

Interview Questions

• None really just make sure that emphasize yourself as a self-starter that can work autonomously and with a team. Mention your goal is to become a lender as that is what they are grooming you for.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not a lot of negotiation room if they offer it to you.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billings, MT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at First Interstate (Billings, MT) in April 2018.

Interview

Extremely unprofessional, lack of contact to show candidates matter. Bounced around in process to other positions based on experience to find out they are targeting recruitment out of state. Then when referred to position no response. For a bank that has always used marketing tactic of being closely connected community, they prefer to bring in candidates from outside Montana have large bank experience and overlook the talent they have in Billings for larger roles that do have that same experience. Candidates thrive on feedback or updates on process and extremely ironic told looking for a candidate that has bigger banking experience months later, although qualified candidates local? Rely heavily on feedback of employees currently employed that have been released from positions elsewhere due to under performance or were not top performers in their position creating a culture of inefficiency and not coming to the table with the best candidates that can help bank grow.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions you would expect for a financial institution leadership position looking for examples related to questions   Answer Question

Marketing Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billings, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Interstate (Billings, MT) in May 2015.

Interview

A phone interview was given first. I was called in for a second interview about 1 1/2 weeks later. Questions were pretty standard, nothing unusual. There were 2 individuals present from the department for which I was interviewing.