First Niagara Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

First Niagara Financial Interview Questions

2.7

Commercial Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2010.

Interview

Process was straight forward; spoke with HR represenative over the phone and set up the in person interview. After the interviews with several employees, HR contacted me to present and offer. I asked for two days to ponder the offer and then called the HR rep to decline.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions such as "What is your biggest fault / What do you need to improve on?"   1 Answer

Salary and benefits (tuition reimbursement, vacation etc.) low.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial (Buffalo, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

I received an email from a person who wanted to do a phone interview. We agreed on a time and had the interview. The HR person did change the interview time the Friday before the interview. Then when the HR person called me, she asked if it was still a good time for the interview.

Some of the interview parts was ask about resume, what I have been doing? Where do I see myself down the road, past salary history). Shockley didn't ask me about what I did know about the FNG which I had my information all ready for that.

At the end HR person said I would hear back from them within the next week. I received an email saying I did not get an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your past job? Where do you see yourself down the road?   Answer Question

Internal Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial (Buffalo, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Interesting interview process. They had expanded upon the idea of speed dating and implemented it in their interview process. 5 minutes each with 6 interviewers. Each interviewer had a different tact/approach. So the questions would be radically different, such as 'Please walk me through your resume' from one interviewer would be followed by 'Which animal do you resume?' from another and so on and so forth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicopee, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial (Chicopee, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

It was ok. Had a really good meet and greet with the mgr. of the bank but wasnt hired. He then told me to go to another branch and apply which I did and went to ANOTHER interview and wasn't offered the job. What a waste of time and effort!!

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial in June 2010.

Interview

They want to hear that you can refer and sell products.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Got a call from recruiting within a few days and discussed pay and starting date.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial.

Interview

I received a call from HR. HR then scheduled an appointment to have a phone interview. After the phone interview the HR representative then scheduled me to meet with the branch manager. After meeting with the branch manager i received the call from the HR representative about 2 weeks later with the job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They sent you an offer contract with your wage and its either you accepted or declined.

Licensed Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial (West Haven, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone Interviews
    Brokerage Manager Interview 2:1
    Banking Center Manager & FA
    The first 2 interviews went great, The Branch Manager/FA interview was not so great. When you are told the training is horrible you kinda get deterred.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial.

Interview

Applied for a bunch of jobs online. 6 months later I got a call from HR asking to setup an interview. I had no idea what job I was interviewing for. We set up a mutually convenient time.

The day came and the HR woman called almost 90 minutes after the agreed upon time. She seemed uncouth and rushed. Asked me very standard questions and cut me off during short explanations.

I was glad I didnt get the offer as I would have turned it down anyways.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, just a difficult and tardy interviewer.   Answer Question

Fraud Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial (Buffalo, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Recruiter was nice but quite disorganized and expressed that she was hurried. We talked a lot about things like the weather to begin with to the point where I'm not sure how she would have been able to discern my capabilities to do the job or not. Not sure if this is standard or what. Recruiter said she would follow up with my status, but never did.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience related to this position.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at First Niagara Financial.

Interview

All Behavioural Interview and Resume based interviews
    Applied on College career portal and got the screening call within a week. However, got the next round call only after 2 months as they freezed the hiring process for a while.
    1.) Firstly, HR Screening
    2.) Onsite interview with Hiring Managers
    3.) Onsite interview with higher management

Interview Questions

• Resume based questions and would you like to settle in Buffalo   Answer Question